Am I the only one who's a Moderate Hero about the current mod spat?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:23:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Am I the only one who's a Moderate Hero about the current mod spat?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Am I the only one who's a Moderate Hero about the current mod spat?  (Read 3363 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 13, 2013, 10:07:00 PM »

Now it's well know I don't like the moderation on this forum, consider it too intrusive and prefer the way things were years ago when there was little controversy over moderation and the mods only got rid of blatant trolls and spam like that dick picture guy from a few days ago. This forum functioned fine under the laissez-faire moderation and actually had less chaos since the over intrusive moderation has created a culture of paranoia and easy outrage. But despite all that:

-Bushie locked the Update on his own, and could easily unlock it at any time.
-Bushie has done this in the past multiple times, and I see little reason not to believe this will happen again before Christmas, since we all know how much his assurances he won't are worth (or rather just give us banal updates on his life in a thread while insisting still that it's not a new Update.)
-memphis was not banned, and there was never any evidence whatsoever he was, just big assumptions.
-There is no "list", and the only evidence at all being the claim of a troll who inexplicably became a mod at some point and paranoia on the level of that of teabaggers who believe Obama must secretly be planning re-education camps to round all dissidents up and into.

Any moderation system that bans jmfcst and Straha while keeping people like krazen and barfbag around (especially as the latter also hit 100 in the absurd death points system that was the basis for jmfcst's banning) is clearly full of issues but there is really nothing in this instance to fight over.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 10:09:39 PM »

Am I the only one who doesn't get the jmfcst circlejerk?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 10:12:01 PM »

He at one point received 10 death points for what basically amounted to nothing more than an obscure movie reference no one else on the forum got. Even if "trolling" which itself is a stretch that's hardly a 10 point worthy offense.

But that's irrelevant and over a year ago. The real question is what makes krazen more worthy of a poster than jmfcst.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 10:14:57 PM »

He at one point received 10 death points for what basically amounted to nothing more than an obscure movie reference no one else on the forum got. Even if "trolling" which itself is a stretch that's hardly a 10 point worthy offense.

But that's irrelevant and over a year ago. The real question is what makes krazen more worthy of a poster than jmfcst.

I know, but I keep seeing people get all nostalgic about jmfcst and I don't know why.  The day jmfcst is allowed back is the day I leave this forum permanently.

Anyway, I think you do have a point.  Jmfcst was an ignorant and obnoxious religious heretic, but he wasn't downright rude unlike krazen is 99% of the time.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 10:18:50 PM »

No, I am too.

Moderators have been pretty awful on all international boards (i.e. not full of Aussies like the ones I'm more established one) I've been on though. Nolesfan can confirm.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 10:23:20 PM »
« Edited: November 14, 2013, 12:05:46 AM by Bacon King »

First they came for the Hamilton socks, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Hamilton sock.

Then they came for The Jmfcst, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a religious.

Then they came for The Update, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a fan of Bushie.

Then they came for me.
and everybody complained and changed their avatar for a few days in solidarity.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 10:24:09 PM »
« Edited: November 13, 2013, 10:29:58 PM by Speaker Scott »

Then they came for me.
and everybody complained and changed their avatar for a few days.

When was this?

EDIT: F**k me for not getting the Niemöller reference
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 10:26:06 PM »

As someone not directly effected who has a life, sort of, I don't get the drama either. I fall in the BRTD camp. I need a shower.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 10:28:19 PM »

First they came for the Hamilton socks, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Hamilton sock.

Then they came for The Jmfcst, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a religious.

Then they came for The Update, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a fan of Bushie.

Then they came for me.
and everybody complained and changed their avatar for a few days.

I still like mine:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=79279.msg1635439#msg1635439
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2013, 10:32:02 PM »

A troll became a mod? Who?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2013, 10:33:41 PM »

With all this whining and complaining, you'd think this forum is inhabited by a bunch of f****ts.

Oh wait...  Damn.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2013, 10:56:58 PM »

With all this whining and complaining, you'd think this forum is inhabited by a bunch of f****ts.

Oh wait...  Damn.
Was his gay bashing insincere?  We have a number of mods who primarily exist to insult members. It doesn't make them trolls. They could merely be bad people.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2013, 12:29:48 AM »

Say what you will about Sam Spade as a poster but he was the best moderator in this forum's history.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2013, 12:39:06 AM »

Now it's well know I don't like the moderation on this forum, consider it too intrusive and prefer the way things were years ago when there was little controversy over moderation and the mods only got rid of blatant trolls and spam like that dick picture guy from a few days ago. This forum functioned fine under the laissez-faire moderation and actually had less chaos since the over intrusive moderation has created a culture of paranoia and easy outrage. But despite all that:

-Bushie has done this in the past multiple times, and I see little reason not to believe this will happen again before Christmas, since we all know how much his assurances he won't are worth (or rather just give us banal updates on his life in a thread while insisting still that it's not a new Update.)
-Torie talks about how he is counseling Jeff, and breaks the news to the forum that there won't be a re-opening of the thread. Sinister things are assumed, the standoff between IPU and the moderation team begins.
-memphis was not banned, and there was never any evidence whatsoever he was, just big assumptions.
-There is no "list", and the only evidence at all being the claim of a troll who inexplicably became a mod at some point and paranoia on the level of that of teabaggers who believe Obama must secretly be planning re-education camps to round all dissidents up and into.

Any moderation system that bans jmfcst and Straha while keeping people like krazen and barfbag around (especially as the latter also hit 100 in the absurd death points system that was the basis for jmfcst's banning) is clearly full of issues but there is really nothing in this instance to fight over.
Bolded is what you are missing.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2013, 12:46:23 AM »

I'm just gonna go hide in the Fantasy Elections corner and pretend this isn't happening. Tongue
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2013, 06:16:48 AM »

I honestly don't care about what's going on and won't start caring until someone is actually banned for being connected to The Update.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2013, 06:51:40 AM »

-Torie talks about how he is counseling Jeff, and breaks the news to the forum that there won't be a re-opening of the thread. Sinister things are assumed, the standoff between IPU and the moderation team begins.

Lulz at talking about the "IPU" in a non ironic/joking context.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2013, 08:03:56 AM »

No reason to be a moderate hero here. There is clearly a right side (the mods who are doing their normal job) and a wrong one (the paranoid crybabies and their ridiculous fake outrage). It's that simple.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2013, 08:15:49 AM »

No reason to be a moderate hero here. There is clearly a right side (the mods who are doing their normal job) and a wrong one (the paranoid crybabies and their ridiculous fake outrage). It's that simple.

So every single banned poster in forum history is more deserving of it than krazen?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2013, 08:44:40 AM »

So every single banned poster in forum history is more deserving of it than krazen?

There hasn't been any banned poster in this whole controversy.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2013, 09:41:12 AM »
« Edited: November 14, 2013, 09:44:11 AM by Paul Kemp »

Lulz at talking about the "IPU" in a non ironic/joking context.

BRTD is on the nose with this one. I go into extreme cringe whenever "IPU" is mentioned, as if that's a thing.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2013, 10:38:31 AM »

Changing avatars is always dumb because the point of avatars is to tell people apart, but people changing their avatars to R-CA are really terrible.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2013, 12:18:40 PM »

What is 'IPU'?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2013, 12:30:27 PM »

probably not.

I'm a big jmfcst circlejerker myself, but the current spat seems a bit silly to me.  Seems that BRTD and I have something in common after all.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2013, 12:32:49 PM »

Jmfcst was an ignorant and obnoxious religious heretic

Actually, he was a "rogue Christian without a church, armed only with a bible"

He was also a poet, a philosopher, and a prophet (no one could match his prediction record).
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies