Census Bureau of Atlasia: RG Fritz (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:19:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Census Bureau of Atlasia: RG Fritz (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Census Bureau of Atlasia: RG Fritz  (Read 33194 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« on: November 14, 2013, 02:32:09 AM »

A note on Elections Missed-

As the Court ordered, the 25 citizens de-registered on Oct. 21 have been re-instated as having missed 2 elections.  Those voters on homelycooking's latest voter list showing 2 missed elections have been changed to 1 missed election.  Those with 0 or 1 missed elections remained the same.

Why the decreases?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 02:47:39 AM »

A note on Elections Missed-

As the Court ordered, the 25 citizens de-registered on Oct. 21 have been re-instated as having missed 2 elections.  Those voters on homelycooking's latest voter list showing 2 missed elections have been changed to 1 missed election.  Those with 0 or 1 missed elections remained the same.

Why the decreases?

Because Homely counted a referendum election held in September as a missed election, for those who did not vote in it.

But the Court did not hold that such elections do not count as federal elections. Or is your interpretation that such elections are 'special elections'?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 02:57:07 AM »

Yes, that is my interpretation, and I believe it is consistent with the court's ruling.

I'd agree it's the correct interpretation and one that makes sense looking at the legislative history, but I think the Court intentionally left that out of its holding to allow the legislature to clarify the issue (or the RG).
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 12:47:07 AM »

When I was RG, I refused to recognize voter registrations in Canada because of this:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

In my interpretation, Canadian provinces are not "states".

I misunderstood your answer, when I asked the question some months ago.  In my view, "states" can be interpreted to also include provinces and territories.  We do, after all, permit registration in DC, which is not a state.

Fine. You're the boss now. Wink

Well the prior rule was inconsistently applied. The argument against Canadian province registration doesn't make sense when DC registrations were counted as valid.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies