Who is/was a better poster?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:00:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Who is/was a better poster?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who is/was a better poster?
krazen

jmfcst

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: Who is/was a better poster?  (Read 1034 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 14, 2013, 04:22:27 PM »

Point being made.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 04:23:41 PM »

jmfcst (normal)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 04:25:26 PM »

While there's no question I disagreed with the jfmtsc regularly, he was far and a way a better poster, and it disgusts me to see these f[inks]ing punk newbies trash him.  He was here before almost anyone and for years made solid contributions.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 04:37:47 PM »

While there's no question I disagreed with the jfmtsc regularly, he was far and a way a better poster, and it disgusts me to see these f[inks]ing punk newbies trash him.  He was here before almost anyone and for years made solid contributions.

Couldn't agree more.  He and I fought constantly, but I think the forum is much poorer in his absence, and certainly much less in touch with the real America.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 04:40:00 PM »

Couldn't agree more.  He and I fought constantly, but I think the forum is much poorer in his absence, and certainly much less in touch with the real America.

Indeed.  It just gets me riled up when someone who has been here for something like 10 minutes trashes him.  If the older ones want to bash him, fine.  Wink
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 04:44:43 PM »

Indeed.  It just gets me riled up when someone who has been here for something like 10 minutes trashes him.  If the older ones want to bash him, fine.  Wink
Speaking as a newbie myself (been here for two years), I can't stand new posters who think its fine to attack/trash forum elders. I can't take any criticism, no matter how legitimate it may be, from anyone under 1,000 posts seriously.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 04:47:50 PM »

The problem is, few who bash him contribute 1/10th the useful posting he did.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 04:48:01 PM »

yeah, bro, I was just chillin out with my posse and BM88 last night, spinnin records and being aggrevated by NoStreamFlix...that is, til some deviant bastards showed up serving up little white boys and passing around the neon pink toe nail polish, then all hell broke loose...But I told BM, "Yo, bitches, you aint got no problems, Moose, I'm on the MuthaFro, now go back in there and chill them Flamers out and wait for the jmfcst, who should be coming directly!"  

No doubt.

Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 04:49:32 PM »

While there's no question I disagreed with the jfmtsc regularly, he was far and a way a better poster, and it disgusts me to see these f[inks]ing punk newbies trash him.  He was here before almost anyone and for years made solid contributions.

Couldn't agree more.  He and I fought constantly, but I think the forum is much poorer in his absence, and certainly much less in touch with the real America.

Indeed.  It just gets me riled up when someone who has been here for something like 10 minutes trashes him.  If the older ones want to bash him, fine.  Wink
Speaking as a newbie myself (been here for two years), I can't stand new posters who think its fine to attack/trash forum elders. I can't take any criticism, no matter how legitimate it may be, from anyone under 1,000 posts seriously.

Why is that exactly?
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 04:49:52 PM »

The jmfctsstsststtssts.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 04:55:25 PM »

Didn't vote.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 05:01:47 PM »

Only dumbs care about either of these guys
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2013, 05:48:15 PM »

While there's no question I disagreed with the jfmtsc regularly, he was far and a way a better poster, and it disgusts me to see these f[inks]ing punk newbies trash him.  He was here before almost anyone and for years made solid contributions.

Couldn't agree more.  He and I fought constantly, but I think the forum is much poorer in his absence, and certainly much less in touch with the real America.

Indeed.  It just gets me riled up when someone who has been here for something like 10 minutes trashes him.  If the older ones want to bash him, fine.  Wink

Why is that exactly?
Suspicion of all new posters as trolls combined with a deep reverence for the elders.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2013, 07:46:36 PM »

I don't know either one of them.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2013, 09:11:13 PM »

AFAIK, Krazen doesn't seek to impose his religious delusions on everybody else.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2013, 10:29:44 PM »

But he does with his views, which are far more nasty and unpleasant than jmfcst's. jmfcst had a humane side on some issues (possibly because of his religious views), krazen has openly gotten quite giddy and happy about people being laid off or having benefits cut.

In fact a couple of weeks ago at church the sermon reminded me of krazen, the pastor said that there's basically nothing more un-Christian than complaining about "moochers" or people getting charity or government handouts because the entire premise of Christianity is that we receive our salvation and new life from Jesus even though we don't deserve it. Granted though I've never seen krazen claim to be a Christian, he has given lip service to "traditional values" and "people of faith" before but only when discussing gays. krazen's entire worldview seems to be based on that liberals are bad and reaches every conclusion on every issue from that foundation rather than the other way around. Give me 20 jmfcst Bible quote fests any day over one of his sickening posts laughing about the plight of poors.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2013, 10:37:01 PM »

Jmfcst was a really smart guy. He is the one who called the stock market recovery all the way back in January 2009. I remember he made a post in 2009 that predicted the Dow would rise to about 11000 or so at the end of 2010. At the time I thought it was incredibly aggressive and gutsy prediction. Both Sam Spade and myself were quite pessimistic at that point. He was more or less right. In 2010 he started trading AAPL and for a while he was posting his every trade; and generally made money.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2013, 10:49:55 PM »

None of his predictions were too far out, it was you and SamSpade who were being too pessimistic and away from reality. And anyone who wants to cite SamSpade's economic predictions as a credible source should consider he's the guy who said a military coup and implementation of martial law was more likely than an economic recovery before the end of Obama's first term. Had he stuck around I'm sure he would've been in the same boat as those pundits who were saying "it doesn't matter what the polls say because there is NO WAY Obama can win" and then rattled off economic data with the whole "No President has EVER been reelected with these numbers before." junk. The only thing SamSpade was particularly good at predicting was primaries.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2013, 11:25:24 PM »

Voted for Jjmfascist, but since he wanted to be banned and actively tried to do so it was a close vote.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2013, 11:33:13 PM »

As a newbie who talked with him on IRC on occasion, I agree.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2013, 11:52:10 PM »

None of his predictions were too far out, it was you and SamSpade who were being too pessimistic and away from reality. And anyone who wants to cite SamSpade's economic predictions as a credible source should consider he's the guy who said a military coup and implementation of martial law was more likely than an economic recovery before the end of Obama's first term. Had he stuck around I'm sure he would've been in the same boat as those pundits who were saying "it doesn't matter what the polls say because there is NO WAY Obama can win" and then rattled off economic data with the whole "No President has EVER been reelected with these numbers before." junk. The only thing SamSpade was particularly good at predicting was primaries.
Sam Spade = the JJ of ghosts past?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2013, 12:05:45 AM »

Both Sam Spade and myself were quite pessimistic at that point.
ummmm
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2013, 02:25:56 AM »

krazen is far more aggressive about his staggeringly unpleasant socioeconomic views than jmfcst was about his moderately unpleasant religious views.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2013, 11:32:46 PM »

krazen is far more aggressive about his staggeringly unpleasant socioeconomic views than jmfcst was about his moderately unpleasant religious views.

A much shorter way of succinctly summing up my point and post actually.

Sam Spade = the JJ of ghosts past?

No, because JJ was around that time too, and Sam's election predictions were usually reasonable even if not fully accurate, while JJ's were utter garbage as always.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies