Is Barack Obama's personality crippling his presidency? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:12:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Is Barack Obama's personality crippling his presidency? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Barack Obama's personality crippling his presidency?  (Read 6136 times)
Conflicted Progressive
Rookie

« on: November 16, 2013, 12:18:22 AM »

I have to agree with Chairmansanchez on this one. Obama is the freaking PRESIDENT and the leader of his party. He had incredible momentum and goodwill coming into 2009 and he didn't take full advantage of it. He could have threatened Democrats that opposed him and corralled them into voting however he wanted, including for the public option. He chose not to because he didn't believe in a public option because he isn't progressive.
Conflicted Progressive
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 06:42:19 PM »

I am aware that the votes didn't exist. You make them exist. And if you can't get the renovations, you might as well burn the damn house down.

OK, I'm pretty sure you're just trolling us all now.  Obama should've used his dictatorial powers or else ESP to force dozens of Senators and Representatives into voting for single-payer, despite them having never given any indication that they would, and even though it took SO much wrangling just to get Obamacare.

Horse heads etc should have been used.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies