Is Barack Obama's personality crippling his presidency? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:38:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Is Barack Obama's personality crippling his presidency? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Barack Obama's personality crippling his presidency?  (Read 6150 times)
badgate
Junior Chimp

« on: November 14, 2013, 06:12:38 PM »

Obama has gotten more done then any President since LBJ......so I would say no his personality isn't crippling his presidency.
Yeah, lots of watered down pieces of legislation. The impression I am getting in Double Down is that Obama hates the Presidency, and hates elections, but continues onward due to ego. His White House staff was in chaos in 2011, with power struggles against Valerie Jarrett in particular causing a lot of tension.

You should finish the book. A passage I just read during Obama's debate prep that seems to pertain to this thread: "Axelrod and Plouffe thought something more radical was in order. For the past six years, they had watched Obama struggle with his disdain for the theatricality of politics-not just the debates, but even the soaring speeches for which he was renowned. Obama's distrust of emotional string-pulling and resistance to the practical necessities of the sound-bite culture: these were elements of his personality that they had accepted, respected, and admired."
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 06:25:04 PM »
« Edited: November 14, 2013, 06:27:05 PM by badgate »

The only Republican Senators willing to get the stimulus passed banded together and refused to break the first in hundreds of obstructionist filibusters unless the stimulus's maximum was set at $800 billion, so no, he could not have gotten a larger stimulus. If you'd like to speak on the stimulus from an informed point of view, I recommend picking up a copy of "The New New Deal."

badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 06:33:25 PM »

All in all I think ChairmanSanchez's paper is going to be very good now that we've all helped him out Smiley
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 06:35:03 PM »

Moronic thinkpiece in "is moronic thinkpiece" shock. News in full at 11.

Tank tops: Patriotic apparel or un-American riff raff?
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 11:16:13 PM »
« Edited: November 17, 2013, 11:26:03 PM by badgate »

Chairman, you've been watching too much of The West Wing if you believe all Obama needed to do was "lead more" or "reach out to Congress more."

What really bothers me about that argument is they are basically saying "Well, if Obama weren't an introvert, we'd work with him!"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies