Are you surprised last night's South Park was nonsensical Left-wing trash?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:34:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Are you surprised last night's South Park was nonsensical Left-wing trash?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Are you surprised last night's South Park was nonsensical Left-wing trash?  (Read 1438 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2013, 09:02:52 PM »

Plenty of conservatives are good people who work hard and generally try to do the right thing, but simply don't share your political views.

Speaking of bizarre moral litmuses.

I don't see your point, care to elaborate?
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2013, 06:54:48 PM »
« Edited: November 19, 2013, 06:57:35 PM by Acting like I'm Morrissey w/o the wit »

Plenty of conservatives are good people who work hard and generally try to do the right thing, but simply don't share your political views.

The notion that "hard-working" is of primary concern in determining whether someone's a Good Person, or even that desirible a trait (as DC Al Fine's intimated: it appeals very much to his constituency).
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2013, 07:06:19 PM »

The notion that "hard-working" is of primary concern in determining whether someone's a Good Person, or even that desirible a trait (as DC Al Fine's intimated: it appeals very much to his constituency).

Well I'd hardly call it a primary concern, but yes its a desirable trait. Idle hands are the devil's workshop and all that.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2013, 07:13:30 PM »
« Edited: November 19, 2013, 07:15:01 PM by Acting like I'm Morrissey w/o the wit »

Well, that's convinced me. Tongue

Really, it's just the gospel of the reactionary to my ears. Moral virtues fitting conveniently with exploitation, noble suffering etc.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2013, 09:48:23 PM »
« Edited: November 19, 2013, 09:51:08 PM by Puddle Splashers »

Even if South Park is left wing 49% of the time and right wing 51% of the time, that still makes it a right wing TV show and far to the left of most TV shows. Why on Earth would I watch right leaning filth when I can watch left wing propaganda like Family Guy or The Daily Show?

These two shows do not deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence.

Even if you don't like Family Guy as a show, I don't see how any progressive person can dislike its contribution to progressive politics. Think of all the kids who grow up watching it influenced by Seth's left wing indoctrination. I've met at least one person who said he was mostly apolitical until Family Guy convinced him that conservatives were just f[inks]ing terrible people who had to be stopped whenever possible (close to a direct quote by the way.)

I'd be happy to explain how a progressive can dislike its contribution to progressive politics, BTRD:

1) Family Guy has never actually made any contribution to progressive politics.

2) Indoctrinating/brainwashing kids into to sharing your views instead of winning on the strength of your ideas is a bad thing (fortunately this is not something that Family Guy has ever been able to pull off in any even remotely meaningful way)

3) Plenty of conservatives are good people who work hard and generally try to do the right thing, but simply don't share your political views.  The fact that you are trying to use whether or not someone shares all of your political views as some kind of moral litmus test reflects poorly on you, not conservatives (though some of them are undoubtedly guilty of doing the same thing).  With all due respect, it suggests that you have a disturbingly black-and-white, tribalistic, and possibly somewhat egocentric worldview.

I hope this helps Smiley

1) Seriously? Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXDl_Q5xpZU
Also Family Guy gets trashed on Free Republic and right wing blogs all the time for its progressive messages.

2) Anything that benefits progressive politics is a good thing. In 2006 I talked with some guys in bands about doing promos to get people to vote (Democratic obviously) and one of the mentioned only semi-jokingly about how we could use Maoist indoctrination tactics. It paid off. Obama's 2008 campaign benefited greatly from propaganda and indoctrination of youngs.

3) His words, not mine. Though it's impossible to read krazen's posts or hear anything about the Tea Party and not think conservatives are indeed disgusting, terrible and sickening people.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies