Changing your avatar to stand in "solidarity" with another poster
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:26:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Changing your avatar to stand in "solidarity" with another poster
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Changing your avatar to stand in "solidarity" with another poster  (Read 1679 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 16, 2013, 08:33:26 AM »
« edited: November 16, 2013, 08:43:27 AM by Communists For McCain »

Is it about the dumbest most contrived sh*t ever?  I'm going with a Hells Yes on this.  This is a fInsking internet forum, not the freaking Holocaust.  A poster getting banned on here will have zero effect on your life, on the lives of others, or the billions of other people around the globe who are dealing with sh*t a lot more serious and about 100,000 times more oppressive than any of us who have gotten ten infraction points for saying "fuck."  I realize this sets me up for Godwin or whatever the hell it's called fallacies from the great crusaders, but at the end of the day realize that this isn't your forum.  This is Dave Leip's forum.  I will defend the right to swear endlessly, to bash moderators as Nazi Germany, and the right to make dirty limericks bashing Inks.  However, realize that by doing this solidarity thing you're not really accomplishing much except coming across as annoying butthurts who respond to internet moderation like some people respond to things that happen in Iran.
And this goes for the pro-mod people too.  Saying "YEAH I LOVE BULLIES!" doesn't make you cooler.  If anything it makes you WEAK! WEAK! WEAK!

No poll included, this isn't a popularity contest.  You must actually contribute something to the thread, or be mocked.

EDIT: Had to expand on my thoughts
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 08:40:06 AM »

I get annoyed when someone's avatar isn't their correct state/country/party.

I'm that pedantic.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 08:40:46 AM »

I get annoyed when someone's avatar isn't their correct state/country/party.

I'm that pedantic.

Touche.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 08:43:57 AM »
« Edited: November 16, 2013, 08:45:59 AM by Antonio V »

You can be a moderate hero if you want. Fact is, the mods are right, and the Professional Forum Rebels are wrong. And Torie in particular is an excellent moderator who deserves nothing of the sh*t he got. That's why I changed my avatar.

Besides, CA is basically my State of adoption at this point, so the avatar is only half wrong.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 08:49:24 AM »

Irritating, I guess. I can't really tell people apart.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 08:52:48 AM »

You can be a moderate hero if you want. Fact is, the mods are right, and the Professional Forum Rebels are wrong. And Torie in particular is an excellent moderator who deserves nothing of the sh*t he got. That's why I changed my avatar.

Besides, CA is basically my State of adoption at this point, so the avatar is only half wrong.

Moderate Hero?  More like Moderate Hater.

All this "lol guys the forum is serious business crowd!" needs to go.  THis is feeling too much like a fInsking high school reunion without the decency of a dry hand job from the Class Meth Addicted Gap Toothed slut.

But I'm just one man, with a keyboard and an internet connection going on here waving my dick around.  As long as I'm in that position, I might as well lay the sh*t down.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 08:54:57 AM »

Moderate Hero?  More like Moderate Hater.

All this "lol guys the forum is serious business crowd!" needs to go.  THis is feeling too much like a fInsking high school reunion without the decency of a dry hand job from the Class Meth Addicted Gap Toothed slut.

But I'm just one man, with a keyboard and an internet connection going on here waving my dick around.  As long as I'm in that position, I might as well lay the sh*t down.

Yes, Mechaman, this is an internet forum controversy of little importance. And changing one's avatar is a reaction that is perfectly suited to such controversy.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 09:02:07 AM »

So you're spouting recreational outrage at those spouting recreational outrage AND at those mocking the initial recreational outrage?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 09:22:04 AM »

Changing it in 'solidarity' with a moderator action does cross the line from silly into (mildly o/c, absolutely speaking) repulsive. (We are talking about subjective reactions and preferences here.)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2013, 09:36:33 AM »

I'm sure what's his name appreciates your support.  Blue suits you.
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 09:58:59 AM »

What he did to TNF was outrageous though.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 10:02:01 AM »

?
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2013, 11:42:01 AM »

Can someone explain this entire situation to me?

PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2013, 11:58:29 AM »

Can someone explain this entire situation to me?

Just remain innocent.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2013, 01:29:57 PM »

I just... don't care.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2013, 02:23:34 PM »

Preach.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2013, 03:29:36 PM »

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2013, 04:46:41 PM »

Most of the anti-moderator people changed back once it was confirmed that memphis hadn't been completely offed by the mods. The Torie "yay for authortarianism" fan club seems pretty bizarre but whatever floats their collective boat, I guess.
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2013, 06:57:04 PM »

?
He moderated and reported his post on one of Walter Mitty's threads entitled "Opinion of Blue-Collar Workers."  Walter called them HP's and called them "full of working class hubris."  TNF rightfully got angry, and called Walter Mitty what he is (I don't know or care what it was, he deserved it anyway).  And Tory reported TNF for "personal attacks," and didn't say anything to Walter for insulting TNF and anyone else here with a blue-collar background.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2013, 07:16:50 PM »

And this goes for the pro-mod people too.  Saying "YEAH I LOVE BULLIES!" doesn't make you cooler.  If anything it makes you WEAK! WEAK! WEAK!

I changed my avatar because annoying people were changing it to my own (D-TN) for a stupid and ridiculous reason and I certainly did not want to be associated with them.

I changed it to R-CA to stand with my friend Torie (not just here but IRL as well). He is a very nice and thoughtful guy who does not do things for his own selfish reasons, especially as it pertains to the forum. I know some here don't get it, mainly because they are selfish and want to keep abusing Bushie, but I will not stand for some mouth breathers denigrating his service to this forum. I am proud to have this avatar and will keep it till the Bushie haters are defeated.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2013, 07:33:45 PM »

tnf is literally the only reason i still look at this forum never mind post
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2013, 02:08:04 PM »

And this goes for the pro-mod people too.  Saying "YEAH I LOVE BULLIES!" doesn't make you cooler.  If anything it makes you WEAK! WEAK! WEAK!

I changed my avatar because annoying people were changing it to my own (D-TN) for a stupid and ridiculous reason and I certainly did not want to be associated with them.

I changed it to R-CA to stand with my friend Torie (not just here but IRL as well). He is a very nice and thoughtful guy who does not do things for his own selfish reasons, especially as it pertains to the forum. I know some here don't get it, mainly because they are selfish and want to keep abusing Bushie, but I will not stand for some mouth breathers denigrating his service to this forum. I am proud to have this avatar and will keep it till the Bushie haters are defeated.

I'm sure what's his name appreciates your support, but since you're in CA, and not an extreme lib I'd call the blue CA appropriate regardless.

I'm also sure you supported what's his name's participation in the Update.  You  might want to consider a blue MI, since Inks was one of the Update's most active participants and doesn't have much forum support now. 
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2013, 04:17:18 PM »

This whole memphis thing has done a lot of separating the wheat from the chaff.

I don't change my avatar as a matter of principle.  I'm always Snowguy716 with a red MN avatar.  It's my basic identity.

But I stand with people like Grumps who notice the snakes in the grass and react appropriately.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2013, 04:35:59 PM »

This whole memphis thing has done a lot of separating the wheat from the chaff.

I don't change my avatar as a matter of principle.  I'm always Snowguy716 with a red MN avatar.  It's my basic identity.

But I stand with people like Grumps who notice the snakes in the grass and react appropriately.

Hypocritical snakes who fully participate then turn around and clutch their pearls in disgust at others.

Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2013, 04:45:41 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies