Ohio GOP to Pass New "NC-like" Voting Restrictions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:36:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ohio GOP to Pass New "NC-like" Voting Restrictions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ohio GOP to Pass New "NC-like" Voting Restrictions  (Read 8209 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: December 17, 2013, 10:28:26 PM »

Those types just want to steal elections. Good for the Ohio GOP to put a stop to such theft.

If only it were so krazen: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/06/21/shocker-republicans-account-for-most-cases-of-u-s-voter-fraud/
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 11:04:14 PM »

Of course, none of these states will ever go far enough with this for krazen, so he'll just have to keep cherrypicking instances of isolated fraud. His idea that students shouldn't be allowed to vote, even if they're over 18, is an 'interesting theory.' Remind me again who has 'contempt' for the democratic process...

I doubt any even Republican legislature be as extreme and blatant in their suppression efforts as to enact his ideas.

Mr. Miles, a legislature in the United States is typically an extension of the democratic process in some way, shape, or form. I suspect that is what makes these North Carolina Republican folks so angry, and why the progressives reactionaries simply propose bulldozing over the various legislatures voters in southern states. They didn't vote properly.

Fixed.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 11:27:06 PM »

There is no need to bulldoze over individual voters when you have the majority, as the North Carolina Republicans do. You merely let them squeal.

Except I think the NCGOP has made a miscalculation, possibly because they believe their own hype over the extent of voter fraud. They've managed to alienate more voters into not voting for Republicans and/or voting for Democrats than their efforts to rig the voting lists in their favor will benefit them.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 09:19:01 PM »

Someone might register before achieving full citizenship on the assumption that citizenship at the time of the election is good enough -- just as it is possible for someone to register at age 17 so long as one turns 18 on or before Election Day. We should all know about that.

I don't know if it is the case everywhere, but in South Carolina, not only can 17 year olds register, they can vote in primary elections so long they will be 18 when the corresponding general election is held.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies