Places to visit in Berlin (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 03:36:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Places to visit in Berlin (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Places to visit in Berlin  (Read 578 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« on: November 25, 2013, 12:21:49 PM »

I was in Berlin with a (girl) friend of mine in 2005 and it was really great.

I remember that we went for a walk down the Spree and towards the Chancellor-building (Schröder was still Chancellor then in late June and just announced that he would seek a confidence-vote). So we went over to the Hauptbahnhof, which was nearby, but still very much under construction then. Then we went to the Bundestag and chilled out in front of there at the park because it was really hot. Then we went to East Berlin (which has really cheap hostels, but still good quality) and watched the graffities there. Then we talked to a few homeless people, who were at the S-Bahn trainstations with their dogs. Then we went to a huge Cinema at the Alexanderplatz or so and watched the premiere of War of the Worlds. Then we went to some Chinese shop full of porcellain and other stuff. Then we went to the Chinese to eat something. And to the Victory Column, where Obama gave his speech later. Then we went into some park there and to the Soviet tank monument, Checkpoint Charlie etc. etc.

Then we went to Amsterdam and Paris, Marseille, Genova and back home.

Like 90% of my former high-school class at that year went to Turkey though for a "spring-break"-like event (which in Austria is traditionally done after the senior-classes end in June and not during spring).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies