Condi won't rule out a run for the White House. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:20:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Condi won't rule out a run for the White House. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Condi won't rule out a run for the White House.  (Read 4920 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: March 13, 2005, 03:19:20 AM »

I hate it when people criticize minorities for being Republicans ("you're a slave!") or Democrats ("you're just following all the other minorities and can't think you yourself!"). It's their right to hold political opinions without getting that crap. It's irrelevant. I can't believe people still lurk on that.

The problem with Condi is that she is five things:

1. Not very conservative.
2. A woman.
3. Black.
4. Inexperienced.
5. Not really a leader.

Some may object to the second and third items, or the fourth for the matter, but polls do show that a big chunk of Republicans simply would refuse to vote for a woman (many Democrats do, too, but not as many as Republicans).

While #3 is unfortunate, I'd wager there are maybe 5% of people who would be a lot less likely to vote for a black person. That can mean everything in a close election.

As for #5, I respect Rice in many ways, but I do not think she is a leader as much as a "team player" kind of person. She does not have the presence of a leader, nor the charisma to become one.

Although I am not all that fond of her, I wish she was a viable GOP candidate because I want to see more moderates like her get nominations. But, for the above reasons, she is not, and would not be great in the general, either.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies