Cold Climates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:45:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Cold Climates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cold Climates  (Read 17665 times)
Demrepdan

« on: December 12, 2003, 07:57:24 PM »

I like your theory. It seems to be accurate with most things. However, you have the EXACT opposite with the states of Hawaii and Alaska. According to your theory, Alaska should be liberal, but no, they traditionally vote Republican. Also, Hawaii should be Republican, but as we all know Hawaii usually swings more left.

I have a theory of my own, that people who live on the coast, or near large bodies of water are very liberal. But I'm sure you can all point out instances where my theory does not hold to truth as well.
Demrepdan

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2003, 08:08:52 PM »
« Edited: December 13, 2003, 04:10:09 AM by Demrepdan »

the NE Coastal states are the hottest places b/c of humidity in the summer, same holds with Cali, Oregon and Washington.  And here in Idaho, it gets FREEZING!! cold.  

I beg to differ. During all my vacations out west, it is very cool in the summer in Washington and Oregon. NEAR THE COAST of course. I know that the eastern part of both Washington and Oregon tend to be a little dry and hot, due to the mountains near the coast that block air from the Pacific Ocean. But when I'm in WESTERN Washington or Oregon, the humidity may be a bit high, but the temperatures are very nice around 60 to 70 degrees  F.  To me, that is a fine temperature, because in the Midwest temperatures range from 80 to 100 degrees F, and the humidity is HORRIBLE. And of course the Midwest winters can be just as extreme, ranging from -10 to 20 degrees F. I know places are colder, but still.

I won't argue with you that Idaho is freezing cold. Wink

I feel like the damn weather man now.

We are going to have a cold front come in from the west out of this general region, having dropped down from Canada, and we are expecting snow here anywhere from 5 to 7 inches tomorrow night, so make sure you wear your coat! Back to you Tom.
Demrepdan

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2003, 05:03:26 PM »

I know this is way off topic, but I notice that Realpolitik recently got 500 posts, thus giving him a new status at the forums. He went from Full Member, Jr. Member, Sr. Member, to YaBB God???

LOL. What the hell? What comes next?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies