TIMELINE: 2016 on
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:16:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  TIMELINE: 2016 on
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: TIMELINE: 2016 on  (Read 28457 times)
NHI
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2013, 08:47:14 AM »

Go Rubio!
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2013, 03:33:34 PM »

Ahem, that would be Duncan Hunter Jr., Dudehere. None the less he sounds pretty awesome. Serving in Iraq, Afghanistan, even getting a Sea Service Deployment Ribbon! Definitely sounds like a great guy for the Cabinet. The Presidency? Maybe not, but don't count the Veep position out of the question. Also...
dudehere92
Rookie
United States

« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2013, 12:26:51 AM »
« Edited: December 18, 2013, 12:28:40 AM by dudehere92 »

July 18, 2027 - GOP hopefuls hold first debate

MANCHESTER, NH - the candidates seeking the GOP presidential nomination in 2028 held their first primary debate. Here are some memorable quotes from the event:

"In the U.S. Senate, I worked hard with President Christie to cut taxes, reform our education system, and reform our broken health care system. As Governor, I've reduced state spending, reduced our debt, and did it without raising taxes. I'm running for President because I believe the people of this country deserve a President who will fight for free markets and a strong national defense. I believe in the promise of this country, and I think we need a President who is committed to issues like tax relief and reform, a balanced budget, energy independence, and solving problems we still face in education" - Gov. Marco Rubio

"I believe that this primary gives republicans a clear choice. Governor Rubio and Senator Blunt are career politicians who have done some good things, but who have also strayed away from conservative values at time. Governor Rubio has supported amnesty for illegal aliens, and Senator Blunt has voted to increase government spending by $150 billion in the past year alone. I stand here, ready to fight for American exceptionalism as I always have, for free markets, and for traditional values" - Fmr. Secretary of State Liz Cheney

"This election is a referendum on liberalism. This President believes that by increasing federal subsidies to private organizations and promoting the appointment of left wing justices to federal courts, our country will be better off. I think that we'd be better off interpreting the constitution as it is written, and allowing free markets to work" - Rep. Kristi Noem

"For decades now, politicians in both parties have allowed for China to cheat on trade. They've allowed the federal Department of Education to expand. They've allowed our tax code to punish people for saving their own money. I believe it's time for a change in Washington, and I offer Americans the kind of change we all deserve" - Rep. Duncan Hunter Jr.

"I hear people saying this economy is strong. The fact of the matter is, for many Americans, this economy is working. But, for to many, it isn't. The story the media and the administration won't tell is the one where inner-city foreclosures are up by 32% over the past three years. They won't tell you people's incomes are beginning to fall again. Under President Christie, we saw incomes rise by an average of $815 per year. Last year, incomes fell by $400 - the first fall in income since 2018. I think our nation needs a President who will tell you the truth when it comes to the state of our economy" - Former Governor Rick Snyder

"I agree with Liz Cheney, we do have a choice in this election. In congress, I voted against amnesty for illegal aliens. Marco Rubio led the fight for amnesty. As a Governor, I've fought to cut taxes, I didn't just not raise them. Marco Rubio hasn't given a penny of tax relief to Florida taxpayers despite promising too. This is a choice between the republican establishment, represented by Governor Rubio, and tea party groups and grassroots activists who are joining my effort to throw our our current tax code, officially repeal Obamacare, and actually balance our federal budget" - Fmr. Gov. Mike Pence

"What the Republican Party needs is a uniter. I'll unite people behind a very straight forward agenda. It starts with education reform - more choice, more local control, and a smaller role for government. It continues with enforcing immigration laws, we've seen border security and some enforcement, but we can and need to do even more. It continues with a real plan to balance the budget by making tough, yet necessary choices. My agenda is a bold, conservative agenda. We'll win on this agenda in 2028" - Sen. Matt Blunt

"I believe that restoring individual liberty, free markets, and a humble foreign policy will be the job of the next President. The republican establishment will have you believe that going along to get along works. What has it gotten us? Washington politicians still control education, they still insist that we spend billions on foreign aid and overseas bases, and our tax code remains too complex. It's time for leadership that emphasizes liberty" - Sen. Ted Cruz
dudehere92
Rookie
United States

« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2013, 11:32:44 PM »
« Edited: December 19, 2013, 11:44:37 PM by dudehere92 »

August 27, 2027 - Gillibrand signs expansion of Christie hate crimes legislation into law

WASHINGTON, DC - President Kristen Gillibrand signed a bill into law expanding President Christie's hate crimes legislation. The new law makes any sort of hate crime not only a federal offense, but it carries a 2 year mandatory prison sentence.

October 1, 2027 - President Gillibrand launches re-election campaign

ROCHESTER, NY - President Kristen Gillibrand launched her re-election campaign. "I'm running for a second term so we can continue to fight for lower taxes on working families, anti-crime initiatives, making veterans health care better, and making our country independent of foreign sources of energy. I'll also fight for raising the minimum wage, balancing our federal budget, and investing in our military during a second term" the President stated.

November 24, 2027 - Poll: Blunt surges, Rubio fades, Cheney sustains good numbers
WASHINGTON, DC - A poll conducted by the Gallup organization found that Senator Matt Blunt of Missouri saw a surge of support in his quest to win the Republican Presidential Nomination. Blunt had polled third in the GOP primary race, before falling to fourth in recent weeks after Former Indiana Governor Mike Pence began running television ads in early primary states. But, the Gallup poll found that 31% of republican primary voters back Blunt, compared to 28% for Liz Cheney. Marco Rubio, considered a front-runner for the GOP nomination, fell to just 19% in the poll after being in second since he announced his presidential bid. Mike Pence, who saw a temporary surge in the polls, fell back to fourth place in the Gallup poll.

December 18, 2027 - Survey: At year's end, public mixed on Gillibrand, Cheney and Blunt tied as GOP front-runners
WASHINGTON, DC - A CBS poll finds that 52% of Americans approval of the job President Gillibrand is doing as President, and 44% disapprove. Just 50% of Americans believe the President deserves re-election, but only 33% say she does not. In the race for the Republican Presidential Nomination, Liz Cheney and Matt Blunt are tied at 30%, Marco Rubio is in second place with 17%, and the other GOP candidates each made up the remaining 23% of the GOP vote.

January 4, 2028 - Blunt makes comeback in Iowa

IOWA CITY, IA - Senator Matt Blunt of Missouri won 33% of the vote in the Iowa Caucus, followed by Liz Cheney at 20%, Marco Rubio at 18%, Mike Pence at 12%, Kristi Noem at 10%, Ted Cruz at 4%, and both Duncan Hunter Jr. and Rick Snyder had 1% of the vote, 1% went to another candidate. Blunt, who positioned himself as a compromise between Liz Cheney's conservatism and Marco Rubio's electability, put a lot of resources into Iowa. For Liz Cheney, Iowa was a setback. For Marco Rubio, who spent considerably more time in New Hampshire, a third place finish in Iowa is considered a strong showing. Both Mike Pence and Kristi Noem celebrated being in double digits despite national polls, while both Rick Snyder and Duncan Hunter Jr. exited the race. Snyder endorsed Marco Rubio for President. Senator Ted Cruz of Texas, a favorite amongst libertarians in Iowa, downplayed his poor showing.

January 10, 2028 - New Hampshire is Rubio Country

MANCHESTER, NH - Governor of Florida Marco Rubio won a decisive victory in New Hampshire. Rubio, considered the most electable and moderate candidate in the presidential race, won 44% of the New Hampshire vote. His conservative opponent, Liz Cheney, placed a distant second place in the race, with just 21% of the vote going to her. Another 12% of New Hampshire voters voted for Matt Blunt. In a big surprise, 10% of New Hampshire voters supported Congresswoman Krisi Noem, a favorite of staunch fiscal conservatives. Mike Pence and Ted Cruz trailed the pack with 6% and 5% of the vote respectively.

January 17, 2028 - Marco Rubio wins South Carolina Primary

CHARLESTON, SC - Governor of Florida Marco Rubio won South Carolina's presidential primary with 36% of the vote. Rubio was trailed by Liz Cheney at 30%, Matt Blunt at 22%, Kristi Noem at 8%, Mike Pence at 2%, and Ted Cruz at 1%.

January 24, 2028 - Voters in Michigan, Florida, Nevada, and Wyoming vote

Voters in four states took to the polls. In Michigan, Governor of Florida Marco Rubio won a decisive 47% of the vote, his closest competitor was Senator Matt Blunt with 30% of the vote. Trailing in the polls were Kristi Noem at 15%, Liz Cheney at 5%, and both Mike Pence and Ted Cruz with 1% respectively. In Florida, Marco Rubio won 62% of the primary vote in his home state, trailed by Matt Blunt at 20%, Liz Cheney at 8%, Kristi Noem at 6%, Mike Pence at 2%, and Ted Cruz at 1%. Nevada voters also supported Rubio, who won 41% of the vote, tailed by Blunt at 30%, Cheney at 15%, Pence at 8%, Noem at 3%, and Cruz at 2%. Voters in Wyoming choose their home state candidate, Liz Cheney. Cheney won 40% of the vote. Trailing Cheney was Rubio at 30%, Blunt at 18%, Noem at 6%, Pence at 4%, and Cruz at 1%.

January 25, 2028 - Cruz ends presidential bid
AUSTIN, TX - Senator Ted Cruz ended his presidential bid after failing to gain traction in early primary and caucus stated.

January 27, 2028 - As Rubio gains momentum, he turns focus towards Gillibrand, who fires back. Poll finds Gillibrand in good shape despite mixed approval
WASHINGTON, DC - As the front-runner for the Republican Presidential Nomination, Governor Marco Rubio began focusing on the general election as much as more primaries. Rubio began criticizing the Gillibrand administration on government spending, energy policy, and health care. "This President believes that we should increase spending to pay for green energy tax credits. She's increased the rate of government spending by over 7% since taking office four years ago. Part of that is going to new regulations on oil and natrual gas. At the same time, she has new health care mandates that falls upon state's to enforce, it's not working" Rubio said. The President hit back. "The reality is, we've expanded health care coverage to women, children, the elderly, and veterans. When I took office in 2025, our national debt was $13.7 trillion - today it's $12.9 trillion. We've paid for the spending we've done, and I will fight for pay-go legislation moving forward. By contrast, as Governor of Florida, Marco Rubio has borrowed $575 million even though no one in Florida has seen the tax relief he promised them when he ran for Governor" she stated. While a recent poll found that President Gillibrand had a 52% approval rating, she led all of her perspective GOP opponents. She led Rubio 46%-44%, Blunt 48%-42%, Cheney 49%-38%, Noem 48%-40%, and Pence 49%-35%.
dudehere92
Rookie
United States

« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2013, 02:54:51 AM »

Feb. 1, 2028 - Rubio wins Minnesota, Colorado as Blunt wins Missouri. Pence, Cheney end campaigns

DENVER, CO - Governor Marco Rubio easily won Minnesota's presidential primary, while defeating Liz Cheney in Colorado. in Minnesota, Rubio won 49% of the vote, followed by Cheney at 21%, Blunt at 18%, Noem at 8%, and Pence at 3%. Senator Matt Blunt easily won his home state of Missouri, winning 64% of the vote there, followed by Rubio at 23%, Cheney at 6%, Noem at 4%, and Pence at 1%. In Colorado, Rubio faced off against Cheney and prevailed; he won 37% followed by Cheney at 33%, Blunt at 17%, Noem at 10%, and Pence at 2%. Former Secretary of State Liz Cheney and Former Indiana Governor Mike Pence exited the presidential race.

Votes going into Super Tuesday
Marco Rubio 402,235
Liz Cheney 197,342
Matt Blunt 194,245
Kristi Noem 51,235
Mike Pence 31,234
Rick Snyder 2,245
Duncan Hunter Jr. 923

Feb. 12, 2028 - Cheney backs Rubio

CLEVELAND, OH - Former Republican Presidential Candidate and Secretary of State Liz Cheney backed Marco Rubio's bid for President. "If the goal of the Republican Party is to win the 2028 election and limit the size and scope of the federal government while protecting our homeland, Marco Rubio is the right choice for President" Cheney said.

Feb. 15, 2028 - Ahead of Super Tuesday, a three way race
In the Republican Presidential Primaries, Governor Marco Rubio remains the GOP front-runner, casting himself as the most electable Republican. Rubio, who is traveling across the country touting his tax cut agenda and in how he differs from the President, is earning the support of the Republican establishment. Congresswoman Krisi Noem, running on a pro-life, pro-second amendment platform, remains a favorite of social conservatives. Noem has attacked Rubio as to centrist, pointing to his long standing positions on immigration reform and his opposition to a federal marriage amendment. Senator Matt Blunt, running as the compromise candidate between the establishment and the right, began going negative on Rubio - accusing him of changing positions on illegal immigration and government spending for political reasons. Nationally, polls show Rubio with a wide lead going into Super Tuesday, but as Rubio campaigns in various states, Noem is banking on wins in southern states, while Blunt is courting fiscally conservative republicans in larger states like Ohio and New Jersey.

Feb. 23, 2028 - Super Tuesday: Rubio dominates, Noem defies expectations, Blunt ends presidential bid
Governor Marco Rubio won multiple contests on Super Tuesday. He won primaries in Ohio, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Maine, Massachusetts, Vermont, New York, Alaska, and Kentucky. After only carrying one state, Tennessee, Senator Matt Blunt ended his presidential campaign. Defying expectations, Congresswoman Kristi Noem picked up victories in her home state of North Dakota, as well as in Idaho, Oklahoma, Kentucky, and West Virginia.

Votes After Super Tuesday
Marco Rubio 1,112,213
Kristi Noem 457,124
Matt Blunt 401,231
Liz Cheney 201,342
Mike Pence 31,259
Rick Snyder 2,248
Duncan Hunter Jr. 929

March 1, 2028 - Gillibrand signs payroll tax cut into law

WASHINGTON, DC - President Kristen Gillibrand signed a reduction in the payroll tax for workers into law. The reduction was 70% on workers making under $70,000 per year, and 40% for those making $70,000-$100,000 per year.

March 8, 2028 - Noem suspends presidential bid following loss of fundraising

WASHINGTON, DC - Despite increased momentum in the presidential race, Congresswoman Kristi Noem noticed a large reduction in fundraising money. She therefore announced her exit from the presidential race.

Governor Marco Rubio wins GOP Presidential Nomination
MIAMI GARDENS, FL - Governor Marco Rubio of Florida became the presumptive nominee of the Republican Party for President. "Together, we have fought to get our message across. It's a message of hope and optimism for a better future. We know that cutting taxes and simplifying the code will create new jobs. We know balancing the budget will help our long term economy. We know that energy independence can be achieved with an all of the above approach. We believe in this country, and we will have an important debate about the future" Rubio said.

Marco Rubio's VP Short List speculated immediately after nomination battle is over
WASHINGTON, DC - The media already began speculating as to who Governor Marco Rubio would choose as his running mate. The following is a list of those considered to be in consideration:

Governor George P. Bush of Texas
 Senator Tom Kean. Jr of New Jersey
 Governor Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania
 Congresswoman Kristi Noem of South Dakota
 Senator Ron Johnson of Wisconsin
 Senator Tom Cotton of Arkansas
 Senator Jeff Flake of Arizona
 House Majority Whip Lynn Jenkins of Kansas
dudehere92
Rookie
United States

« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2013, 01:00:22 PM »

April 23, 2028 - Gillibrand signs pay-go legislation into law

WASHINGTON, DC - After President Gillibrand proposed the legislation in April, she signed into law legislation requiring that all future spending bills are paid for. The effort, sponsored in the U.S. Senate by Kelly Ayotte (R-NH), Jennifer Beck (R-NJ), and Harold Ford Jr. (D-TN) and in the U.S. House by Lynn Jenkins (R-KS) and Andre Carson (D-IN), makes sure future spending bills passed by congress is paid for.

May 27, 2028 - Martinez: U.S. economy not as strong under Gillibrand

SANTA FE, NM - Former Vice President Susanna Martinez told CNN she felt Marco Rubio had a chance of being elected President if the economy continued to go downward. "In just the last three years President Christie and I were in office, our economy grew at an average of 3.2%, federal revenue increased by 24%, more Americans found work as our economy added over 4 million jobs, and income grew by $700. Since this President has taken office, growth has slowed from an average of 3.2% down to 2.9%, instead of 4 million jobs, we only have created 3.4 million, income has remained virtually flat, and for in 2027, for the first time in 8 years, those requiring food stamps grew - we brought the number down from 47 million to 31 million, they are back at 33.2 million today. So, if the economy continues to slow, Governor Rubio will win in the fall, but of course we hope the economy grows and Rubio still wins" Martinez said.

July 10, 2028 - Rubio picks Jenkins for Vice President

MILWAULKEE, WI - Governor Marco Rubio announced that his presidential running-mate in the 2028 election would be House Majority Leader Lynn Jenkins of Kansas. Jenkins is considered popular with conservatives and able to rally the base.

July 14, 2028 - Survey: Election Tightens
WASHINGTON, DC - A poll conducted by Gallup finds the nation is divided on the future and the election. While 48% of Americans say the country is headed in the right direction, 41% say it is not. President Gillibrand has a 53% approval rating, and 41% disapprove of the President's job performance. In the election, Gillibrand leads Rubio - 45%-44% nationally. The survey also finds that Gillibrand leads Rubio in some crucial swing states - Colorado, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Iowa, Nevada, and New Mexico. However, Rubio leads the President in Florida and Ohio.  
dudehere92
Rookie
United States

« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2013, 11:16:33 PM »
« Edited: December 21, 2013, 11:21:45 PM by dudehere92 »

August 17, 2028 - Former Vice President Susana Martinez delievers RNC Keynote Address

"Americans have a clear choice in this election. In this era of prosperity, we can either advance the cause of helping all Americans enjoy in the prosperity, or we can grow the federal government and slow down this era of prosperity. Marco Rubio believes in lower taxes and free markets to broaden prosperity. This President believes in new spending and higher taxes on many American businesses" - Former Vice President Susanna Martinez

August 19, 2028 - House Majority Leader Lynn Jenkins accepts GOP Vice Presidential Nomination

"This election is about building a brighter future. It's about lowering taxes to broaden prosperity. It's about stopping this administration's new attempt to return educational powers under the Education Reform Act back to the federal government. This election is about a real plan to balance the federal budget. It's about energy independence. We believe in the people of America, and we want to help make their government work for them" - Republican Vice Presidential Nominee Lynn Jenkins

August 20, 2028 - Governor Marco Rubio accepts Republican Presidential Nomination

"I have the experience and the judgement to be President of the United States. You have the yearning, and the desire for real change in Washington. Together, we can build a brighter future for the American people. We can not rest until our national debt is $0, all of our citizens have jobs, the cost of health care and energy is reduced, and our schools are working for all of our children. In this moment of great prosperity, we need to continue to fight for those who are not enjoying this moment" - Republican Presidential Nominee Marco Rubio

August 27, 2028 - Governor Chelsea Clinton gives DNC Keynote Address

"Our opponents are trying to argue that we haven't done enough to secure prosperity for the American people. Tell that to the 3.7 million Americans who have found work since President Gillibrand took office. Tell that to the 12.7 million women and families who now have affordable health insurance because of the President's policies. Tell that to working families and small business owners who've seen real tax relief. They'd argue prosperity is reaching every corner of America" - Gov. Chelsea Clinton (D-NY)

August 29, 2028 - Vice President Charlie Crist accepts Democratic V.P. nomination

"For four years, the President and I have worked with republicans and democrats to get things done. We passed the largest payroll tax cut in history. We've invested in health care for women, poor families, veterans, and the elderly. We are repairing America's crumbling infrastructure. We are keeping spending under control, and paying for those things we do spend on. Another term gives us the opportunity to continue to move our country forward" - Vice President Charlie Crist

August 30, 2028 - President Kristen Gillibrand accepts Democratic re-election nomination

"Today, Americans are in an era of prosperity. But, we still face enormous challenges. My priorities in a second term will be to see to it that we have better background checks for gun purchases, taxes are reduced on working families, the minimum wage is increased, our budget is balanced responsibly, and we continue the previous administration's successful educational policies our opponents are now attacking. I intend to use the next four years to advance the same principles of equality and prosperity as I have everyday for the past four years" - President Kristen Gillibrand

September 4, 2028 - Former President Chris Christie campaigns for Rubio/Jenkins ticket

CLEVELAND, OH - For the first time since leaving office, Former President Chris Christie hit the campaign trail for the Rubio/Jenkins ticket. Christie campaigned in Ohio and Pennsylvania. He talked about economic issues, but did not attack President Gillibrand.

September 19, 2028 - Poll: Christie most popular recent President

Presidential Approval
Kristen Gillibrand - Approve: 52% Disapprove: 44%
Chris Christie - Approve: 66% Disapprove: 28%
Barack Obama - Approve: 37% Disapprove: 42%
George W. Bush - Approve: 45% Disapprove: 44%
Bill Clinton - Approve: 63% Disapprove: 31%
George H.W. Bush - Approve: 40% Disapprove: 38%

Best President
Chris Christie 51%
Bill Clinton 18%
Kristen Gillibrand 15%
George H.W. Bush 6%
George W. Bush 5%
Barack Obama 4%
None 1%

Worst President
Barack Obama 40%
George W. Bush 32%
Bill Clinton 12%
George H.W. Bush 10%
Kristen Gillibrand 4%
Chris Christie 1%
None 1%

Head-to-Head match ups: Better President

Chris Christie 60%
Kristen Gillibrand 29%

Chris Christie 77%
Barack Obama 12%

George W. Bush 44%
Barack Obama 38%

Bill Clinton 62%
George W. Bush 19%

Bill Clinton 57%
George H.W. Bush 31%

George H.W. Bush 55%
George W. Bush 38%

Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2013, 03:20:34 AM »

I've got a hard time believing that 12 years after his not in-successful Presidency, Obama is more unpopular than W. Bush is now, just a mere 5 years after his catastrophic terms.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2013, 10:11:58 AM »
« Edited: December 22, 2013, 10:17:42 AM by SoIA Superique »

I've got a hard time believing that 12 years after his not in-successful Presidency, Obama is more unpopular than W. Bush is now, just a mere 5 years after his catastrophic terms.

George W. Bush 44%
Barack Obama 38

F[inks] this sh6t!

If the American People have forgotten how terrible Shrub was, they would forget the negative side of the Obama Administration!
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2013, 10:15:45 AM »

The thing about this author's timelines is enjoy them for what they are. You might remember some of his older timelines, under the slightly different "dudeabibes" screen name.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2013, 01:13:57 PM »

The thing about this author's timelines is enjoy them for what they are. You might remember some of his older timelines, under the slightly different "dudeabibes" screen name.

I thought that was him, but it wasn't sure. He was the Christie hack. Yeah, that makes since.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2013, 01:29:41 AM »

Y'all are just finding out that this is a Christie wank? A well-constructed wank, but nevertheless a wank.
dudehere92
Rookie
United States

« Reply #87 on: December 24, 2013, 01:16:04 AM »

October 28, 2028 - Candidates Participate in Final Presidential Debate

"Over the past four years, it has been the honor to serve the American people. I am proud to say that in this era of prosperity, we have gotten things done. We've invested in more police on our streets, expanding health care access, education, green energy, and tax cuts for working families. Over the next four years, I will continue to work to advance these causes, plus I'll work to balance the federal budget, eliminate the income tax for working families, pay down the national debt, raising our minimum wage, pass reasonable gun control measures, and fight to reform our campaign finance system" - President Kristen Gillibrand

"Americans have a clear choice in this election. The President believes that everything is just fine in our economy today. The truth is, this era of prosperity is slowing. Fewer Americans are finding work today than were just one year ago. Family income didn't rise last year for the first time in a decade. For the first time in eight years, our country has seen month trade deficits. America can do better. I've proposed a tax cut plan which will grow our economy and make our tax code more fair. I've proposed an across the board spending cut so we once again live within our means. If we do these things, we can grow our economy once again" - Governor Marco Rubio

Election Night 2028

8 PM
"Welcome to Election Night 2028, I'm Anderson Cooper. We have a few projections to make. In Georgia, we project Marco Rubio the winner. In Indiana, we also project Marco Rubio the winner. Marco Rubio has also carried Kentucky and South Carolina. However, the President of the United States has carried the state of Vermont. The race for President in Virginia remains too close to call. We project Alabama in the Rubio column. The state of Connecticut goes for Gillibrand. The swing state of Florida, home state to Governor Marco Rubio and Vice President Charlie Crist, remains too close to call. The President has been re-elected in Illinois. In Maine, President Gillibrand is the projected winner. The President has also carried Maryland. In Massachusetts, we project the Democrats have won. Governor Marco Rubio has won the state of Mississippi. Rubio is also projected to win in Missouri. The state of New Jersey, which went for President Christie twice before supporting the President four years ago, has been won by the President once again. Marco Rubio is our projected winner in Oklahoma.

9 PM
We have some more projections to make. In Pennsylvania, the presidential race remains too close to call. The race is also too close to call in New Hampshire. The President of the United States has carried the state of Rhode Island. Marco Rubio has carried the state of Tennessee. The President has won the District of Columbia. In Arkansas, Marco Rubio has won. We also put Arizona, Lynn Jenkin's home state of Kansas, Louisiana, Nebraska, South Dakota, Texas, and Wyoming in the republican column, while the President has won Michigan, Minnesota, her home state of New York with 72% of the vote in our exit polls, and Wisconsin. Colorado and New Mexico remain too close to call. In West Virginia, we project Governor Rubio the winner. Both North Carolina and Ohio remain too close to call.

9:45 PM - Race called in Virginia
"With 82% of the vote in, the race in Virginia stands at 51% for the President and 48% for Governor Rubio. We project that the President of the United States has won the state of Virginia. The President did not win Virginia four years ago, she has tonight.

10 PM
"We have some more projections to make. In Iowa, we project the President of the United States the winner. This is another state she did not carry in 2024. We also project Marco Rubio the winner in Montana. The state of Nevada remains too close to call. In Utah, we project Marco Rubio the winner."

11 PM
"We have more projections to make. The President of the United States has carried Hawaii, California, Oregon, and Washington. Governor Rubio has won in Idaho and North Dakota. We also can now project, with 99% of the votes counted, with a margin of 52% for the President and Marco Rubio at 47%, the President has carried New Hampshire."

11:22 PM - Race in Florida called
"We are ready to project a winner in the state of Florida. With 94% of the votes in, the race stands at 49.7% for the Rubio/Jenkins ticket, and 49.1% for the Gillibrand/Crist ticket. Four years ago, the President managed to win Florida, which handed her the presidency. Tonight, narrowly, Marco Rubio has won the state of Florida, his home state, but also the Vice President's home state.

11:34 PM - Race in North Carolina, Pennsylvania called
"With 97% of the votes in, and the race being at 49.7% for Marco Rubio at 49% for the President, we project Marco Rubio and Lynn Jenkins have won the state of North Carolina. In a margin of 53%-46%, with 91% of the votes in, we call Pennsylvania for the President of the United States."

12:03 AM - Race in Ohio called
"In the race for President in Ohio, with 94% of the votes counted, by a 50%-49% margin, we project President Kristen Gillibrand has won Ohio"

12:05 AM - AP: President Kristen Gillibrand re-elected; Ohio puts Gillibrand over the top

12:45 AM - Marco Rubio Concedes Election Defeat

MIAMI GARDENS, FL - Governor Marco Rubio of Florida conceded the 2028 presidential race. "I wish the President and her family nothing but the best. She has again won a historic victory following a historic campaign. All of us, in this room, are here because we love this country, and that's why we won't ever stop fighting for her" Rubio stated.

1:07 AM - President Gillibrand accepts victory

ALBANY, NY - President Kristen Gillibrand accepted victory in the 2028 presidential race. "Serving as President of the United States has been the honor of a lifetime. I look forward to fighting with all of you on behalf of building a more perfect union for the next four years" the President stated.

2028 Presidential Election
Kristen Gillibrand / Charlie Crist (D) 51% 288 EV
Marco Rubio / Lynn Jenkins (R) 48% 250 EV

Exit Polling
Exit Polls
White - Rubio 57% Gillibrand 42%
Black - Gillibrand 92% Rubio 7%
Hispanic - Gillibrand 50% Rubio 49%
Male - Rubio 61% Gillibrand 37%
Female - Gillibrand 57% Rubio 42%
Conservative - Rubio 84% Gillibrand 15%
Moderate - Gillibrand 54% Rubio 45%
Liberal - Gillibrand 96% Rubio 3%
Democrat - Gillibrand 95% Rubio 3%
Independent - Gillibrand 51% Rubio 48%
Republican - Rubio 93% Gillibrand 6%
Gillibrand Approval - Approve: 53% Disapprove: 41%
Rubio Florida Approval - Approve: 50% Disapprove: 45%
Voted for Gillibrand in '24 - Gillibrand 93% Rubio 6%
Voted for Martinez in '24 - Rubio 91% Gillibrand 8%
Urban - Gillibrand 89% Rubio 10%
Suburban - Rubio 70% Gillibrand 29%
Rural - Rubio 77% Gillibrand 22%
Income Below $30,000 - Gillibrand 92% Rubio 7%
Income $30,000 - $50,000 - Gillibrand 53% Rubio 46%
Income $50,000 - $150,000 Rubio 50% Gullibrand 49%
Income Above $150,000 - Rubio 63% Gillibrand 36%
dudehere92
Rookie
United States

« Reply #88 on: December 25, 2013, 07:52:04 PM »

January 20, 2029 - Gillibrand sworn in for second term

The Gillibrand Administration
President - Kristen Gillibrand
Vice President - Charlie Crist
Secretary of State - Tammy Duckworth
Secretary of Defense - Bob Corker
Secretary of Homeland Security - Susan Rice
FBI Director - Louis Freeh
CIA Director - Avril Haines
Secretary of Health and Human Services - Deval Patrick
Secretary of Education - Dennis Walcott
Attorney General - Andrew Cuomo
Secretary of Energy - Mark Begich
Secretary of Labor - Chet Culver
Secretary of Treasury - Max T. Wake
Secretary of Commerce - Tim Cook
Office of Management & Budget Director - Chris Van Hollen
UN Ambassador - Caroline Kennedy
Secretary of Transportation - Jerry Fulop
Secretary of Agriculture - Bruce Braley
EPA Director - Chuck Schumer

Congress
Senate - 52 Democrats, 47 Republicans, 1 Independent
House - 282 Republicans, 153 Democrats
House Speaker - Kevin McCarthy (R-CA)
House Majority Leader - Cathy McMorris Rogers (R-WA)
House Majority Whip - Lynn Jenkins (R-KS)
House Minority Leader - Donald Payne Jr. (D-NJ)
House Minority Whip - Keith Ellison  (D-MN)
Senate Majority Leader - Michael Bennet (D-CO)
Senate Majority Whip - Amy Klobuchar (D-MN)
Senate Minority Leader - Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
Senate Miniority Whip - John Thune (R-SD)
RNC Chair - Former Governor Eric Cantor of Virginia
DNC Chair - Governor Cory Booker of New Jersey

Feb. 18, 2029 - Gillibrand renews push for gun control, GOP divided
WASHINGTON, DC - President Kristen Gillibrand renewed calls for gun control. She again called for a universal background check and increased penalties for illegal gun possession. While Senate Minority Leader Kelly Ayotte pledged to work with Gillibrand on the issue, red state republicans objected.

April 24, 2029 - Gillibrand signs compromise gun control legislation into law

WASHINGTON, DC - 50 House Republicans joined with Democrats in supporting legislation which provided for $1 billion in aid to states who agreed to conduct universal background checks on those purchasing firearms. The bill passed the house of representatives 203-132 and the U.S. Senate 54-45.

July 5, 2029 - Gillibrand signs republican bill cutting income, capital gains taxes across the board

WASHINGTON, DC - President Gillibrand signed into law a republican proposal to slash income taxes across the board by 20% while cutting capital gains taxes to 5%. The bill, proposed by Senators Kelly Ayotte (R-NH), Jennifer Beck (R-NJ), and Michael Grimm (R-NY) was agreed to by the Gillibrand administration as a way to fend off a possible recession. The bill is paid for by reducing corporate loopholes and freezing federal spending for a year.

October 1, 2029 - With economy slowing, poll shows Democrats vulnerable in 2030
WASHINGTON, DC - With the U.S. economy adding just 92,000 jobs in September, President Gillibrand's approval ratings dropped from 51% in August to 45%. Furthermore, for the first time in five years, republicans had a double-digit lead going into a midterm election - 47% of Americans said they'd be voting republican in 2030, compared to just 37% for the democrats.

December 9, 2029 - Crist: No Presidential Run in 2032

WASHINGTON, DC - Vice President Charlie Crist announced he would not run for President in the 2032 election at a fundraiser for the DNC in Washington D.C. "I've run for President twice and placed second twice. I've run for Vice President twice and won twice. Being the Vice President has been an honor, and I look forward to continuing on for another three years. I want all my energy and focus to be on the job I've twice been elected to, not the job I've come close to winning twice. I will not seek, nor accept, our party's nomination for President in 2032" Crist said.

January 18, 2030 - Poll: Booker, Clinton, Toomey, Martinez,  Bush all 2032 front-runners
WASHINGTON, DC - An early poll for the 2032 presidential race shows that republicans prefer Governor of Texas George P. Bush for their presidential nomination. Bush polled at 23%, compared with 19% for 2024 nominee Former Vice President Susanna Martinez, 18% for Governor of Pennsylvania Pat Toomey, 15% for Senator Michael Grimm of New York, 12% for Senator Tom Kean Jr. of New Jersey, 5% for Former Attorney General Kim Guadango, and 8% prefer another candidate. Democrats favorite candidate is Governor of New York Chelsea Clinton, who polled at 21%, compared with Former Governor of New Jersey Cory Booker at 20%, 18% for Secretary of State Tammy Baldwin, 14% for Senator Harold Ford Jr. of Tennessee, 12% for Senator Kendrick Meek of Florida, and 15% prefer another candidate.
dudehere92
Rookie
United States

« Reply #89 on: December 26, 2013, 12:16:16 AM »

Feb. 17, 2030 - Gillibrand signs minimum wage compromise bill into law

WASHINGTON, DC - After working with republicans for weeks on a compromise minimum wage bill, President Gillibrand signed into law a $1.00 hike in the minimum wage phased in over a three year period.

June 1, 2030 - Report: U.S. Economic growth hits fifteen year low
WASHINGTON, DC - Data shows that the U.S. economy grew at just 2.5% in 2029, the worst in fifteen years. In May of 2030, the U.S. economy added just 148,000 jobs, the worst since October 2015. In the first quarter of 2030, wages fell for the first time in over twelve years.

June 5, 2030 - Gillibrand calls for $350 billion stimulus to help economy
WASHINGTON, DC - President Kristen Gillibrand called on congress to create a series of tax credits, infrastructure projects, and increased funding for worker re-training programs to help Americans through what appears to be the toughest economic times in over thirteen years.

June 19, 2030 - Congress passes Gillibrand stimulus
WASHINGTON, DC - In a 60-40 senate vote, and a house vote of 235-200, President Gillibrands economic stimulus plan passed both houses of congress.

November 1, 2030 - U.S. economic growth declines again
WASHINGTON, DC - According to new economic data, the U.S. economy added just 109,000 jobs in October, the unemployment rate went above 6% to 6.2% for the first time since 2021, and the U.S. experienced the largest trade deficit in 16 years.

November 2, 2030 - GOP gains in both houses
WASHINGTON, DC - Republicans won an addition 32 house seats, meaning the GOP held 314 house seats. Republicans fell short of winning in the U.S. Senate - winning just 2 U.S. Senate seats, meaning the democrats hold 50 senate seats, while the GOP holds 49, and 1 independent who caucuses with the democrats holds another seat.

Feb. 4, 2031 - Gillibrand: U.S. economy will recover
WASHINGTON, DC - President Kristen Gillibrand told Americans that the U.S. economy will recover. "Despite some slow economic times, this economy will recover. We've put in place protections so that the weakened economy will hurt people less than if we had done nothing" Gillibrand stated.

May 5, 2031 - 2032 Presidential Hopefuls as of May 5, 2031

Republican
 Governor George P. Bush of Texas
 Senator Michael Grimm of New York
 House Majority Whip Lynn Jenkins of Kansas
 Senator Jon Huntsman of Utah
 Governor of Florida and 2028 GOP Presidential Nominee Marco Rubio
 Senator Mary Fallin of Oklahoma
 Senator Tom Kean Jr. of New Jersey

Democratic
 Former Governor Cory Booker of New Jersey
 Governor Chelsea Clinton of New York
 Governor Rahm Emanuel of Illinois
 Senator Beau Biden of Delaware
 Senator Harold Ford Jr. of Tennessee
 Senator Majority Leader Michael Bennett of Colorado
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #90 on: December 26, 2013, 12:54:41 AM »

Cheering for my Congresswoman, Lynn Jenkins!
dudehere92
Rookie
United States

« Reply #91 on: December 26, 2013, 10:24:18 PM »

May 11, 2031 - Poll: Booker, Clinton, Bush lead for '32

GOP Nomination
George P. Bush 30%
Lynn Jenkins 19%
Michael Grimm 12%
Tom Kean Jr. 11%
Mary Fallin 8%
Marco Rubio 6%
Jon Huntsman Jr. 3%
Other 1%

Democratic Nomination
Cory Booker 24%
Chelsea Clinton 22%
Michael Bennett 18%
Beau Biden 15%
Harold Ford Jr. 12%
Rahm Emanuel 8%
Other 1%

June 27, 2031 - Gillibrand signs extension of unemployment benefits into law
WASHINGTON, DC - President Kristen Gillibrand signed an extension of unemployment benefits into law. The extension increased funding for unemployment benefits by 7.2%, the largest increase in twenty years.

June 30, 2031 - Grimm picks up big endorsements, talks issues at New Hampshire town hall

MANCHESTER, NH - Senator Michael Grimm of New York picked up the endorsements of fellow Senators Jeff Flake (R-AZ) and Dean Heller (R-NV) while on the campaign trail in New Hampshire. Grimm told New Hampshire voters he hoped to be the President to finally balance the budget and bring the national debt below $5 trillion. He spoke about capping federal spending and eliminating farm subsidies gradually to achieve his goal. Grimm promised a balanced budget by the end of his first term.

July 24, 2031 - Former President Barack Obama backs Cory Booker for President

IOWA CITY, IA - Former President Barack Obama endorsed Democratic Presidential Hopeful Cory Booker for President in the 2032 election. Obama called Booker "a leader who has dedicated his life to public service."

August 1, 2031 - GOP candidates hold debate

"In Texas, I've managed to cut our state's debt in half while cutting taxes on capital gains. We've seen record test scores in our schools as a result of tenure reform, more school choice, and smaller class sizes thanks to local control. I believe that our country needs a President who is committed to restoring our nation's economy while also improving all of our schools. I believe that by encouraging a free market economy with lower taxes and fewer regulations, plus school choice and local control but with the support of the federal government, our country can renew it's promise to our people" - Gov. George P. Bush

"When Chris Christie was President, our country saw the creation of over 12 million new jobs and the largest reduction in government spending in decades. I'm proud to have been a leader in the fight for the Christie agenda. Today, our country faces a choice. We can continue on the failed policies of the past eight years, or we can move in a new direction in which we create economic growth through lower taxes, open markets, fewer regulations, and balanced budgets. I offer Americans the opportunity to move in that new direction" - Rep. Lynn Jenkins of Kansas

"For seven years, I fought for change in New York City. Our city saw a 33% reduction in unemployment, a 15% reduction in taxes, and a 39% reduction in crime. I took my record as a Mayor to the U.S. Senate where I fought for more police on our streets, and helped convince this President to reduce taxes on the middle class as opposed to just raising taxes on business. Today, our economy is in crisis. It takes tough, strong, determined leadership to grow our economy. My tax cut will help small businesses, and my approach is very simple: lower taxes to help create jobs, and let states have some of their money back so they can help people in their time of need" - Sen. Michael Grimm of New York

"President Gillibrand has ignored our failing economy, and has decided to instead focus all of her energy on taking away people's second amendment rights while putting in place energy policies which have halted reductions in imported oil. I've led the fight against the Gillibrand agenda in the U.S. Senate. I hope to be the nominee of our party so that together, we can fight for conservative values now and always" - Sen. Mary Fallin of Oklahoma

"I believe in the promise of America. Four years ago, you gave me the opportunity to be our party's nominee for President. I warned our nation about the failures of this administration and the need to change course. I'm asking you for your support this year because I believe what we proposed last time is even more important now. I have the experience to lead our country in an era of challenge. I'm asking for your confidence once again so we can create jobs while reducing our national debt" - Gov. Marco Rubio of Florida

"The path to victory for the republican party is to stand on principle. Washington needs to balance it's books, and politicians need to be accountable to the people. It's time to put partisan politics aside for the sake of our country. The democrats are the party of spending and taxing, we need to be the party of cutting and balancing. I am proud to be from the same state as one of our greatest Presidents, Chris Christie. Like Chris Christie, I have certain values, and I'll fight for those values. I hope you'll join me in the fight to change Washington" - Sen. Tom Kean Jr. of New Jersey

"I believe the republican party has to unite behind common goals. Opportunity for our people, and service above self. I've dedicated most of my life to public service. I've been an ambassador on various occasions, a Governor, a businessman, a teacher, and a United States Senator. I believe that a President must have both experience and judgement. On the issues, the voters know where I stand. I believe that the way to growth is through green energy, a flatter tax code, and focusing on our infrastructure, not the infrastructure of nation's thousands of miles away" - Sen. Jon Huntsman Jr.
dudehere92
Rookie
United States

« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2013, 11:47:34 PM »

October 15, 2031 - Democrats Hold Debate

"I've spent my life in public service, bringing people together to achieve challenges people said were impossible. In New Jersey, I invested money in education and infrastructure without raising property taxes or borrowing more money. You see, the power of unity brings all of our people together. That's how I'll work to increase education funding and demand greater accountability, cut taxes on working families, raising our minimum wage again, and ban assault weapons" - FMR. Gov. Cory Booker

"Americans want a President who has the experience to lead. In New York, I have dealt with issues which effect the economy and security of not only all New Yorkers, but all Americans. Americans also want a leader of conviction. I have always stood for the principles of equality and opportunity, and I'll never back down. As President, my top priorities will be to provide every child in America with quality health care, cut taxes on working families, and grow our economy by expanding our markets and reforming our tax code. If your ready for change, I'm ready to lead" - Gov. Chelsea Clinton

"Over the past eight years, President Gillibrand has led our country in the right direction. She's cut taxes on working families, raised the minimum wage, enacted tough new gun control laws, and she's managed to freeze the rate of government spending. I'm proud to have led the fight for these policies in the united states senate. The question for our party now is, do we continue on the progress of the past eight years, or do we ignore the progress? I believe our party and our country deserve leadership that confronts challenges using proven policies" - Sen. Michael Bennett

"As our economy slows and the likelihood of a balanced budget diminishes, it's time for us democrats to ask ourselves, are Americans better off today than they were four years ago? Most people would say they are worse off. The way to prosperity is clear: competing in the global economy through trade, balance the federal budget, cut taxes on small business, and invest in education. I believe the next four years can, and must be better than the past four. This President has taken her eye off the ball game as it relates to the economy, and my focus will be on creating good paying jobs for our citizens" - Sen. Harold Ford Jr.

"When you go to the polls, I'm asking you to ask yourself: who on this stage represents the democratic party? I have a 100% pro-choice voting record and have been fighting to make sure marriage equality remains the law in Illinois. I've raised the minimum wage and signed tough new gun laws into effect. I've provided health care to more of our poor, and did it by asking wealthier citizens of my state to pay 15% more in income taxes. Cory Booker and Chelsea Clinton both had their chances to fight for these policies, and both of them have failed. I've succeeded" - Gov. Rahm Emanuel

"I believe our party has a good field of candidates in this election. Each of us will fight for greater access to health care, raising the minimum wage, cutting taxes on working families, and investing in education and infrastructure. The question is, who can win in 2032? I believe my backround in law enforcement and in the U.S. Senate gives me a diverse amount of knowledge. I've led and legislated. I've been in the private and public sectors. I believe I have the experience needed to lead this country, and I can win this election" - Sen. Beau Biden

November 18, 2031 - Campaigning in New Hampshire, Clinton touts moderate record
MANCHESTER, NH - Campaigning in New Hampshire, Governor Chelsea Clinton told voters she was the most electable democrat in the race for President because of her moderate views and record. "When the going was tough, I fought for progressive principles. I raised the minimum wage, put in place tough environmental standards, and fought to reform New York's campaign finance system. But, I also have a record which transcends party lines. I fought for civil service pension reform, capped the growth in state spending on 77% of our budget items, and I stood up and signed a tax cut on small business in New York" Clinton said.

November 19, 2031 - Bush questions Clinton record

CHARLESTON, SC - Governor George P. Bush questioned Chelsea Clinton's portrayal of her own record as a Governor. "The fact remains the same, while Governor, Chelsea Clinton fought to implement cap and trade in New York, the equivalent to a $7 billion tax increase on all New Yorkers. She also increased her state's capital gains tax rate by 50%, and property taxes went up 23%. In all, she won over $12 billion in higher taxes, not to mention $5 billion in new spending, and her state saw the nation's largest health care cost increases as a result of new regulations she fought for" Bush said. Bush also spoke of his own record. "I cut taxes by $1.2 billion, reduced state debt by 40%, reduced state spending by 10%, saw record test scores as a result of our educational reforms, and we increased state tax credits to local charities, resulting in a drop in food stamp usage while the rest of the country has seen an increase" Bush said.

December 1, 2031 - Gillibrand signs audit the SEC bill

WASHINGTON, DC - In an attempt to achieve greater transparency from governmental agencies dealing with Wall Street, President Gillibrand signed an audit of the SEC into law.

December 18, 2031 - Survey: Bush, Booker, Clinton '32 front-runners, Gillibrand approval in negative territory

President Gillibrand approval
Approve: 42%
Disapprove: 45%

GOP Presidential Nomination
George P. Bush 26%
Lynn Jenkins 24%
Michael Grimm 21%
Tom Kean Jr. 12%
Mary Fallin 7%
Marco Rubio 6%
Jon Huntsman Jr. 3%
Other 1%

Democratic Presidential Nomination
Cory Booker 26%
Chelsea Clinton 25%
Michael Bennett 20%
Rahm Emanuel 14%
Harold Ford Jr. 10%
Beau Biden 3%
Other 1%
dudehere92
Rookie
United States

« Reply #93 on: December 31, 2013, 01:00:50 AM »

January 7, 2032 - Bush wins Iowa as Booker, Clinton are in virtual tie with Booker on top

IOWA CITY, IA - Governor George P. Bush of Texas won the Iowa caucuses like his Uncle did 32 years earlier. With 100% of the votes in, Bush won 33%, followed by Lynn Jenkins at 21%, Michael Grimm at 15%, Marco Rubio at 12%, and the other candidates in single digits. On the democratic side, Cory Booker and Chelsea Clinton each won 34% of the vote, with the edge going to Booker, who won the caucus by just 2,741 votes. Harold Ford Jr. placed third with 21%, and the other democratic candidates remained in single digits.

January 14, 2032 - Bush, Clinton win New Hampshire

MANCHESTER, NH - Republican George Bush and Democrat Chelsea Clinton won the New Hampshire primary. Bush placed first with 40% of the vote, followed by Michael Grimm at 21%, Lynn Jenkins at 20%, and the other GOP candidates in single digits. Clinton won 36% of democrats, followed by Cory Booker at 30%, Michael Bennett at 18%, and the other candidates in single digits.

Bush being challenged from left, right ahead of more primaries
CHARLESTON, SC - Casting himself as a Washington outsider beyond labels, Governor George Bush of Texas finds himself being challenged by the political left and right within his party. As Bush makes tax cuts to stimulate economic growth and local control of education top presidential priorities, his ideological-free campaign faces challenge. On the left, Senator Michael Grimm of New York continues to tell voters Bush can not win a general election. Grimm continues to attack Bush's opposition to green energy tax credits, his support for privatizing social security, and his "litmus test" for judges as reasons general election voters wouldn't back Bush. From the right, Bush faces opposition from House Majority Whip Lynn Jenkins. Jenkins says Bush is not conservative enough on some issues, namely his past opposition to abolishing the Department of Education and his opposition to a federal marriage amendment.

January 15, 2032 - Fallin exits presidential race, backs Bush

WASHINGTON, DC - Senator Mary Fallin of Oaklahoma announced she was ending her presidential campaign, and that she supported George P. Bush for President.

January 21, 2032 - Bush, Clinton win South Carolina Primaries as Emanuel, Rubio exit presidential race

CHARLESTON, SC - Governor George P. Bush of Texas and Governor Chelsea Clinton of New York won their party's South Carolina Primaries. Bush won 35% of the GOP vote, followed by Lynn Jenkins at 32%, Marco Rubio at 14%, and other candidates who were in single digits. On the democratic side, Clinton won 40% of the vote, ahead of Cory Booker at 38%, Harold Ford Jr. at 12%, and the other candidates in single digits. Governor of Illinois Rahm Emanuel and Governor Marco Rubio of Florida exited the presidential race after failing to do well in early primaries.

January 28, 2032 - Bush dominates most primaries as Clinton, Booker split victories following votes in FL, NV, AZ, WY, NJ, NY, MO, and CO

Governor George P. Bush of Texas secured GOP primary victories in Florida, Arizona, New Jersey, Colorado, and Missouri. Senator Michael Grimm of New York won his home state's presidential primary, placed second in New Jersey, and placed third in every other contest. House Majority Whip Lynn Jenkins won the Nevada caucus. On the democratic side, Former Governor Cory Booker secured victories in New Jersey, Nevada,  Missouri, and Colorado as Governor Chelsea Clinton of New York won victories in Florida, Arizona, Wyoming, and her home state of New York. Senate Majority Leader Michael Bennett placed second in his home state of Colorado, in addition to Wyoming. He placed third everywhere else.

January 29, 2032 - Democrats Bennett, Biden end presidential bids. Biden backs Clinton
WASHINGTON, DC - Democratic Presidential Hopefuls Michael Bennett and Beau Biden ended their presidential bids. Biden backed Chelsea Clinton for President.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2014, 01:17:26 PM »

Go Bush!!!
dudehere92
Rookie
United States

« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2014, 02:55:26 PM »

Feb. 1, 2032 - Huntsman ends presidential campaign, backs Bush

JERSEY CITY, NJ - Senator Jon Huntsman Jr. ended his presidential campaign and backed GOP front-runner George P. Bush for President. "While I had hoped to be the nominee of the republican party for President, I'm glad republicans will nominate a common sense reformer for President" Huntsman said of Bush.

Feb. 4, 2032 - Emanuel ends presidential campaign

CHICAGO, IL - Governor of Illinois Rahm Emanuel ended his presidential campaign.

Feb. 10, 2032 - Clinton, Jenkins win Michigan Primary

DETRIOT, MI - With all the votes counted, Democratic Governor Chelsea Clinton won Michigan's Democratic Presidential Primary. Clinton won 42% of the vote, followed by Cory Booker at 35% and Harold Ford Jr. at 23%. On the republican side, House Majority Whip Lynn Jenkins won a suprise victory - she won 36% of the vote, followed by George P. Bush at 33%, Michael Grimm at 20%, and Tom Kean Jr. at 10%.

Feb. 11, 2032 - Kean Jr. ends presidential bid, backs George P. Bush

WESTFIELD, NJ - Senator Tom Kean Jr. ended his presidential bid and backed fellow republican George P. Bush. Kean called Bush "a reformer who represents the values of all Americans."

Feb. 14, 2032 - Martinez endorses Bush

CLEVELAND, OH - Former Vice President Susanna Martinez endorsed Governor George P. Bush of Texas for President. Martinez said that "George Bush is a proven Governor who will make an extraordinary President because he has the judgement and experience to lead."

Feb. 21, 2032 - Bush wins majority of Super Tuesday victories as Clinton, Booker divide democrats

States won by Governor George P. Bush (R)
Maine
Ohio
Georgia
Oklahoma
California
Alaska
North Dakota
Idaho
Massachusetts
West Virginia
Rhode Island

States won by Rep. Lynn Jenkins (R)
Tennessee

States won by Sen. Michael Grimm (R)
Vermont

States won by Gov. Chelsea Clinton (D)
West Virginia
Tennessee
Idaho
Oklahoma
Georgia
Ohio
North Dakota

States won by Fmr. Gov. Cory Booker (D)
Alaska
Vermont
Massachusetts
Rhode Island
California
Maine

GOP total votes after Super Tuesday
George P. Bush 3,809,123
Lynn Jenkins 990,324
Michael Grimm 941,235
Other 402,342

DEM total votes after Super Tuesday
Chelsea Clinton 1,225,129
Cory Booker 1,197,210
Other 704,215
dudehere92
Rookie
United States

« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2014, 01:27:04 AM »

Feb. 23, 2032 - Grimm ends presidential campaign

WASHINGTON, DC - Senator Michael Grimm of New York ended his presidential campaign after only winning primaries in his home state of New York and neighboring Vermont. Grimm endorsed GOP front-runner George P. Bush.

March 2, 2032 - Gillibrand announces balanced budget in 2033, GOP says economic recession will hurt balanced budget

WASHINGTON, DC - President Kristen Gillibrand announced that in FY2033, the federal budget would be balanced if spending levels for 2032 remained in place. However, congressional republicans, who agreed to freeze federal spending, also said that revenue projections would decrease if the economy continued to decline.

March 10, 2032 - Primaries held in Virginia, Maryland, and DC
Republican George P. Bush secured victories in a trio of primaries. In Virginia, Bush won 59% of the vote, while opponent Lynn Jenkins won 39% of the vote. In Maryland, Bush won 66% of the vote, while Jenkins won 32% of the vote. In Washington D.C., Bush won 77% of the vote to Jenkins 20%. On the democratic side, Chelsea Clinton won both Virginia and Maryland; she won 50% of the vote in Virginia, followed by Cory Booker's 39% and Harold Ford Jr.'s 10%. In Maryland, she narrowly beat Booker - 40% to 39%, with Ford at 20%. In Washington D.C., Cory Booker won 70% of the vote, followed by Clinton at 19% and Ford at 10%.

March 11, 2032 - Ford ends presidential campaign

NASHVILLE, TN - Senator Harold Ford Jr. of Tennessee ended his presidential campaign.

March 14, 2032 - Jenkins ends presidential campaign

WASHINGTON, DC - House Majority Whip Lynn Jenkins ended her presidential campaign and endorsed George P. Bush for President.

George P. Bush secures Republican Presidential Nomination

AUSTIN, TX - Governor George P. Bush of Texas secured the 2032 Republican Presidential Nomination. "The American people have given us the strength we need to move forward into the general election. As our democratic friends prepare to use this moment of economic uncertainty to scare Americans by blaming the successful, we believe this moment demands meaningful tax reductions, real solutions in health care, opening our markets, and returning much of what Washington does back to the states and more importantly, the people. We believe this moment demands changes in our education system that puts parents and teachers before Washington bureaucrats. We believe this moment demands unity, not division, and we'll fight to unite our country behind a positive agenda for the next eight years" Bush said at a campaign event.

March 15, 2032 - Former President Chris Christie endorses George P. Bush for President

MORRISTOWN, NJ - Former President Chris Christie endorsed Presumptive Republican Presidential Nominee George P. Bush at an event at Christie's presidential library. "George Bush has the executive experience, the judgement, the vision, the record, and the integrity to be an outstanding President. I know he's a thoughtful individual who gets things done for the people" Christie said of Bush.

dudehere92
Rookie
United States

« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2014, 10:30:13 PM »

March 21, 2032 - Clinton wins Indiana, Wisconsin primaries

MADISON, WI - Governor Chelsea Clinton of New York won Wisconsin's Democratic Presidential Primary, taking 55% of the vote, with Cory Booker winning 42% of the vote. Clinton also won 57% in Indiana, where as Booker won just 41%.

April 2, 2032 - Vice President Crist backs Clinton for President
DOVER, DE - Vice President Charlie Crist endorsed Chelsea Clinton for President, calling Clinton "a bi-partisian leader who will fight for all Americans."

April 9, 2032 - Clinton wins southern primaries
MOBILE, AL - Governor of New York Chelsea Clinton defeated Cory Booker in primaries in Alabama (59%-40%), Louisiana (51%-48%), and Mississippi (54%-41%).

April 21, 2032 - Clinton wins Texas, Delaware
DOVER, DE - Chelsea Clinton defeated opponent Cory Booker in presidential primaries in Delaware (50%-48%) and Texas (60%-38%).

May 4, 2032 - Clinton wins Kansas, Nebraska, Washington primaries
TOPEKA, KS - Chelsea Clinton defeated Cory Booker in primaries in Kansas (59%-40%), Nebraska (60%-38%), and Washington (53%-46%).

May 5, 2032 - Cory Booker exits presidential race

NEWARK, NJ - Former Governor of New Jersey Cory Booker exited the race for the Democratic Presidential Nomination and endorsed Chelsea Clinton for President.

Chelsea Clinton secures Democratic Presidential Nomination

NEW YORK, NY - Governor of New York Chelsea Clinton secured the nomination of her party for President. "I believe in an America where everyone has the same opportunity afforded by previous generations. It takes hard work, and it takes strong values. It also takes good governing, and policies like expanded health care access, energy independence, a higher minimum wage, and balanced budgets out of Washington D.C." Clinton said.

June 4, 2032 - With weakened economy, Gillibrand signs $300 billion tax cut, $50 billion in foreclosure relief into law
WASHINGTON, DC - With the U.S. economy weakened, President Kristen Gillibrand signed a large tax refund, and foreclosure relief, into law.

July 14, 2032 - Bush taps Toomey for Vice President

WAYNE, PA - Presumptive Republican Presidential Nominee George P. Bush selected Governor of Pennsylvania Pat Toomey, the Former U.S. Senate Minority Leader, as his running-mate in the 2032 election.

July 23, 2032 - Clinton selects Biden for Vice President

RICHMOND, VA - Presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee Chelsea Clinton selected Senator Beau Biden of Delaware as her running mate in the 2032 election. Biden, who previously served as Delaware's Attorney General, ran for President in the 2032 primaries.
dudehere92
Rookie
United States

« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2014, 03:14:01 AM »

August 1, 2032 - Cheney delivers RNC keynote address

"In this time of challenge to our nation's economy, giving the democrats a third chance of getting the job done is a risk Americans can not afford. What we need is strong, new, steady leadership. While our opponents propose $700 billion in new federal spending and higher taxes on small business, our party has a nominee who proposes fundamental tax reform to get our economy on the right track" - Former Secretary of State Liz Cheney

August 3, 2032 - Toomey accepts Vice Presidential Nomination

"Over the past four years, the number of Americans on food stamps has risen to the highest levels in over 15 years. Job growth is the slowest in 17 years, and over 400,000 Americans lost work last year. The foreclosure rate has hit a 20 year high. It's time for a new direction for our economy. We need to reduce taxes and reform our broken tax code, repeal many of the costly regulations of the past eight years, not only balance the budget and hold the line on spending, but we need to cut spending to renew confidence in the United States. We need to build a stronger economy through embracing the free market" - Gov. Pat Toomey (R-PA)

August 4, 2032 - Bush accepts Presidential Nomination

"We seek an America where we are all united. We believe the best way to grow an economy is through the free market, not through government. In Texas, I cut taxes and reduced the size of our state's government. We also believe in an America where every child has the skills for an ever changing workforce. In Texas, I increased school choice, reformed tenure, and allowed local communities to make decisions in education. Washington has failed America. Today, many struggle to find work. Our schools are failing too many. Many of our citizens lack the health care coverage they need. It's time for a change, and change begins with us working together for common goals" - Gov. George P. Bush (R-TX)

August 12, 2032 - Booker gives DNC keynote address

"Over the past eight years, we've had a President who has embraced important ideas which have helped renew America's promise. For the first time in literally decades, we passed increased gun control, expanded health care coverage, an increase in the minimum wage, and tax cuts for working families. We believe in these ideas, and I know we want to build on these ideas over the next eight years" - Fmr. Gov. Cory Booker (D-NJ)

August 14, 2032 - Biden accepts Vice Presidential Nomination

"Chelsea Clinton and I want to help get America back to work. We applaud the efforts of the current administration to handle the recession, but we want to take the next steps to grow our economy. We can do so by investing in alternate energy, tax credits for small business, and by sending money back to states. Our opponents believe that cutting taxes for the wealthy and de-regulating Wall Street will solve all of our problems. We've tried their approach before, and it hasn't worked" - Sen. Beau Biden (D-DE)

August 15, 2032 - Clinton accepts Presidential Nomination

"I know how to lead because I've led for the past six years in New York. I cut taxes, invested in education, expanded health care to the poor, raised the minimum wage, and reduced state debt by enacting pension and benefit reform. My opponent and I have differing ideas about how to grow our economy. His ideas come from the perspective that if Wall Street and the wealthy are okay, everyone else will be okay. I believe that small business is the key to economic growth. His values are Wall Street values, mine are Main Street values" - Gov. Chelsea Clinton (D-NY).

August 28, 2032 - Poll: Bush leads
George P. Bush (R) 47%
Chelsea Clinton (D) 44%

September 15, 2032 - Bush, Clinton go negative
Republican George P. Bush and Democrat Chelsea Clinton went negative on the campaign trail. "The fact is, since Governor Clinton took office, New Yorker's have seen their total state tax burden increase by 15%, state spending is up by 7.5%, welfare rolls have gone up in New York faster than in all but five states, and thanks to new mandates, New York now ranks #2 for highest health care premiums, they ranked #8 when the Governor took office" Bush said of Clinton while campaigning in Pennsylvania. In Florida, Clinton slammed Bush. "George Bush likes to tell people he cut state debt in Texas. He did so by cutting tax breaks to family farmers and aid to community colleges, but he allowed for tax breaks for large corporations in Texas. In Texas, the number of uninsured people as a percentage remains in the top ten in this country" Clinton said.
dudehere92
Rookie
United States

« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2014, 02:01:05 AM »

October 5, 2032 - Clinton, Bush participate in debate on domestic issues

"I believe that by reforming our broken tax code, repealing the regulations put in place by this administration, and by investing in worker re-training programs, our economy can grow again, and our workforce will be prepared for the future. In Texas, I cut taxes and our state created jobs. It takes strong, effective leadership to change Washington, and I have what it takes to get the job done" - Gov. George P. Bush

"If we want to grow the American economy, we as a nation must invest in our people. That's why I've proposed a plan to cover the poor with health insurance, have smaller class sizes in our schools, and raise the minimum wage. I believe that helping working families get ahead is the calling of our time." - Gov. Chelsea Clinton

October 8, 2032 - Vice Presidential Candidates Debate

"George Bush and I offer Americans a new direction. In Texas, George Bush cut taxes, overhauled his state's education system, and fought for greater transparency in government. During my career, I built a successful business, fought for the Christie agenda in the senate, and cut spending and taxes as a Governor. We have the experience and the record of results to lead this country towards greatness again" - Gov. Pat Toomey

"Chelsea Clinton and I have put forth a bold agenda which invests in education and health care while also reducing taxes on working families. We believe that investing in America doesn't mean infringing on our free market economy, and it certainly doesn't mean breaking the bank. Our opponents believe large corporate tax breaks and allowing Wall Street to run wild is the key to economic growth, we believe in the American people" - Sen. Beau Biden

October 14, 2032 - Bush, Clinton debate foreign policy

"I believe that increasing the size of the U.S. military by 20,000 over the next five years, increasing funding for human intelligence, and building stronger alliances globally has to be the goal of the next President of the United States." - Gov. George P. Bush

"Governor Bush and I agree we need to increase the size of our military. Where we disagree is in how we would lead in the world. George Bush believes that the threat of military force makes us safer. I believe how we conduct ourselves with our allies makes us safer" - Gov. Chelsea Clinton

October 25, 2032 - Bush, Clinton participate in final debate

"In Texas, I fought to reduce taxes, overhaul our state's education system, and I took on the political establishment in fighting for greater transparency. My priorities are clear. I will reduce taxes to promote economic growth. I'll fight for local control in education and school vouchers. I will fight to protect our nation. We need a President with a proven record of results, and I believe I offer the American people just that" - Gov. George P. Bush

"Americans deserve a President who believes in them. George Bush believes in tax breaks for the wealthy and de-regulation on Wall Street. It's time to invest in education, health care, and the environment. While George Bush worries about corporate profits, I believe it's time to raise the minimum wage. Where as George Bush believes that the federal government should ignore education, I believe in more low-interest student loans. It's time to invest in America again" - Gov. Chelsea Clinton

November 4, 2032 - George P. Bush wins presidency

George P. Bush / Pat Toomey (R) 52% 287 EV
Chelsea Clinton / Beau Biden (D) 47% 251 EV

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies