Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Israel/AIPAC)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:31:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Israel/AIPAC)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Israel/AIPAC)  (Read 2922 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2013, 06:06:19 PM »

It seems that, eventually, every moderately tolerable Republican says something that makes me dislike them. Ugh.
Isn't judging Kirk on this one issue a tad bit irrational? Has he done anything else (besides sucking up to AIPAC-which everyone does) that offends you enough to dislike him now?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2013, 07:08:21 PM »

He was very Pro-Israel when he was running for US Senate in 2010 wasn't he? I think his former Congressional District has a good amount of Jewish People living there

WTF does that have to do with anything? I'm assuming these Jews are Americans. If they are Israelis or any other nationality, they aren't entitled to any representation in Congress.

Should Texas's senators declare their reason for holding office is to ensure the survival of Mexico because we have a good amount of Mexicans living here?

If people were worried about an existential threat to it from Cuba and Venezuela, it might not be such bad politics.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2013, 08:42:40 PM »

He was very Pro-Israel when he was running for US Senate in 2010 wasn't he? I think his former Congressional District has a good amount of Jewish People living there

WTF does that have to do with anything? I'm assuming these Jews are Americans. If they are Israelis or any other nationality, they aren't entitled to any representation in Congress.

Should Texas's senators declare their reason for holding office is to ensure the survival of Mexico because we have a good amount of Mexicans living here?

If people were worried about an existential threat to it from Cuba and Venezuela, it might not be such bad politics.

We already have a group of people obsessed with an existential threat from Cuba ... Cuban-Americans.

Israel doesn't face an existential threat from anyone. They've been crying wolf about Iran since the early '90s. If every other country in your general vicinity hates you, that sounds like a personal problem.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2013, 09:44:17 PM »

It seems that, eventually, every moderately tolerable Republican says something that makes me dislike them. Ugh.
There aren't any moderate Republicans who hold any major elected office.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2013, 11:39:58 PM »

We already have a group of people obsessed with an existential threat from Cuba ... Cuban-Americans.

Israel doesn't face an existential threat from anyone. They've been crying wolf about Iran since the early '90s. If every other country in your general vicinity hates you, that sounds like a personal problem.

Maybe if you ignore ethnic and religious ideologies and their political uses.  Talking about it in terms of a "problem" brings up some interesting historical analogies...
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies