Tech experts: How do I get rid of adware without paying anything? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:41:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Tech experts: How do I get rid of adware without paying anything? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tech experts: How do I get rid of adware without paying anything?  (Read 236 times)
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: November 29, 2013, 03:39:14 PM »

My mom looked at this issue this morning but it's not getting any better, and I want to give her a break because she's been dealing with computer issues to no end.  While my problems aren't as severe, I'm having an extremely difficult time getting rid of the ads and pop-ups that are appearing on the sites I visit.  I installed the Malwarebytes trial and it picked up a lot of infections, but the problems persisted after I removed them.  Does anyone know of a quick, easy, costless way to get rid of these ads?

The web browser I'm using is Firefox.  I'll provide more information if necessary.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 04:08:17 PM »

Thanks.  So far, so good.  It's not perfect, but the ads that were on the top of the forum page have been replaced by, well, space.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies