Ukraine Crisis
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:55:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Ukraine Crisis
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 72
Author Topic: Ukraine Crisis  (Read 233732 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1450 on: July 22, 2014, 05:23:37 PM »

It also shows what a pointless joke the UN has become.

Please stop talking and come back when you figure out what the United Nations actually does.
In my lifetime, the only thing I have seen the UN "do" is make itself a forum for third world crackpots and tyrants to blame the west for their problems.

Here, I'll help you out. Have you noticed that smallpox isn't a thing anymore? Who do you think is responsible for that?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1451 on: July 22, 2014, 05:26:43 PM »

Please stop talking and come back when you figure out what the United Nations actually does.
In my lifetime, the only thing I have seen the UN "do" is make itself a forum for third world crackpots and tyrants to blame the west for their problems.

Here, I'll help you out. Have you noticed that smallpox isn't a thing anymore? Who do you think is responsible for that?

teh free market
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1452 on: July 22, 2014, 08:16:53 PM »

teh free market

Isn't that making a comeback because of our homegrown crackpots?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1453 on: July 23, 2014, 01:08:47 PM »

Enlightened western-style democracy!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1454 on: July 23, 2014, 02:16:59 PM »

Edward Jenner.
PiMp DaDdy FitzGerald
Mr. Pollo

« Reply #1455 on: July 23, 2014, 03:35:13 PM »

It is irrational to expect the full extent of western democracy in unstable areas like Ukraine.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1456 on: July 23, 2014, 03:38:15 PM »

You're pathetic.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1457 on: July 23, 2014, 04:22:45 PM »
« Edited: July 23, 2014, 04:24:43 PM by Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing I can do »

In other news, France is still intending to deliver the first of two Mistral-class amphibious assault ships to the Russian navy this fall and continues to see no reason for cancelling the deal.

So, if anyone assumed that the EU is implementing sanctions on Russia... FORGET IT. The bottomline is that Russia is paying France almost two billion Euros for two warships (and the United States isn't).

At least the German government seems to be somewhat discontent with France's behavior, especially since Germany had already ordered arms industry giant Rheinmetall to stop building a high-tech "combat training center" for the Russian army right after Crimea happened.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #1458 on: July 23, 2014, 04:24:28 PM »

Putin will reportedly give Ukraine an ultimatum tomorrow at a special Duma session: negotiate w/GRU folks or we inv... I mean, keep the peace.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #1459 on: July 23, 2014, 07:08:33 PM »

Cite?
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #1460 on: July 23, 2014, 07:13:16 PM »

Here. Waiting for confirmation about the ultimatum part, hence "reportedly."
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1461 on: July 23, 2014, 10:44:31 PM »

Putin Recalls State Duma From Vacation, "Planning Something" On Ukraine Situation

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Recognition?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-07-23/putin-recalls-state-duma-vacation-planning-something-ukraine-situation
PiMp DaDdy FitzGerald
Mr. Pollo

« Reply #1462 on: July 23, 2014, 11:53:09 PM »

It seems like Donetsk and Luhansk are just more trouble than they are worth. If I were Ukrainian, I would detach those areas and join NATO.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1463 on: July 24, 2014, 07:34:21 AM »

Some parts of this thread are just so bad. Eek.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1464 on: July 24, 2014, 07:43:05 AM »

Seriously?  Not the UN.
swl
France

« Reply #1465 on: July 24, 2014, 08:32:50 AM »

UDAR and Svoboda just left the governmental coalition, paving the way for new elections.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #1466 on: July 24, 2014, 09:55:07 AM »

Putin Recalls State Duma From Vacation, "Planning Something" On Ukraine Situation

Recognition?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-07-23/putin-recalls-state-duma-vacation-planning-something-ukraine-situation

Why aren't any mainstream new sources picking this up? I see nothing on Al-Jazeera, France24, CNN, or even RT.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1467 on: July 24, 2014, 02:24:10 PM »

Seriously?  Not the UN.

Who, then?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1468 on: July 24, 2014, 04:13:48 PM »

Seriously?  Not the UN.

Who, then?
Edward Jenner...
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1469 on: July 24, 2014, 04:24:44 PM »

Seriously?  Not the UN.

Who, then?
Edward Jenner...

That's not technically wrong but it completely misses the point. It's like saying because you oppose Polish nationalism that Bartolomeo Cristofori can be credited with Chopin's Scherzo No. 2.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1470 on: July 24, 2014, 05:26:17 PM »

Moreover, it is literally wrong to claim that because Edward Jenner discovered the smallpox vaccine that the United Nations was not responsible for the eradication of the disease.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1471 on: July 24, 2014, 09:13:21 PM »

Moreover, it is literally wrong to claim that because Edward Jenner discovered the smallpox vaccine that the United Nations was not responsible for the eradication of the disease.
If the UN didn't exist, the Red Cross would have eventually eradicated it. And even if the UN is effective in this area, is it still efective at its core political purpose?

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1472 on: July 24, 2014, 09:49:45 PM »

If the UN didn't exist, the Red Cross would have eventually eradicated it. And even if the UN is effective in this area, is it still efective at its core political purpose?

I'm convinced you have little to no knowledge of the world outside the United States.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1473 on: July 24, 2014, 09:55:20 PM »

I'm convinced you have little to no knowledge of the world outside the United States.

You probably have the same knowledge, both biaised. One by the American, sanitized, fact-deforming, biaised mass media, one by the Alternative, selective, fact-deforming, biaised internet media.
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #1474 on: July 24, 2014, 10:06:45 PM »

Seriously?  Not the UN.

Who, then?

Was this hint deliberate?
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 72  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies