Ukraine Crisis (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:36:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Ukraine Crisis (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ukraine Crisis  (Read 235580 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: February 20, 2014, 12:03:40 PM »

There's a near 0% chance of the fascists taking power in Ukraine. They don't have anywhere near wide enough support, being loud and vocal doesn't make up for that. Plus they hate the EU as much as the current government.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 04:13:42 PM »

Will PoR survive? It's somewhat personalist.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 01:48:49 PM »

The US and American posters ought to stop speaking from a moral high ground given our aggressive post-Cold War wars against Panama, Iraq, Sudan, etc.

Yes, seeing as how every single American supported those wars no American has any right to ever criticize Russia for imperialist actions. It's a shame absolutely no Americans opposed or protested those wars.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 02:21:29 PM »

I'm not denying that many people both in and outside America are opposed to aggressive wars started by both the US and Russia, but many of the same people criticizing Putin for wanting to protect ethnic Russians from a neo-Nazi regime see nothing wrong with Obama sending drones to turn a Yemeni wedding into a Yemeni funeral, or Bush setting up torture camps in Iraq (which he had earlier invaded under false pretext), or Clinton laying waste to basic civilian infrastructure (and civilians) in Yugoslavia, etc.

You oppose all those so-called American atrocities but you defend Russia.

Seems to me you don't mind aggressive military action unless it's done by Americans or people who perceive as pro-American.

I'm not a fan of aggressive military action in general, but I don't like double standards either (and the idea that there's only propaganda on Moscow's side is hilariously untrue). For instance,

You don't like double standards? Then why do you oppose aggressive American military action but defend aggressive Russian military action?

This is the second time I am pointing out your own double standard.

For the record Plante was released October 17, 2012. She was in jail for a whole week.

The sad thing is whoever made that probably could've found a decent comparison if they dug around for a bit more (much like how the Free Mumia people hurt the cause of the anti-death penalty movement by focusing on a guy who was almost certainly guilty and ignoring far stronger cases.)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 12:10:12 AM »

So this Yanukovych dead thing isn't just a crazy rumor being tossed around and more like a unsubstantiated rumor being given attention by some serious outlets? Because that's just bizarre especially that such a thing would be tried by the Russians being so blatant (has he had any prior health problems?)

In all fairness though it's not too clear what Putin and the Russians would gain by having him dead. He seems like the type who it'd be best to just shuffle away to some villa on the Black Sea for a quiet low key retirement and becoming a non-issue.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 01:18:15 AM »

If I was a leader of the anti-Russian side I'd be urging a boycott of it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies