Ukraine Crisis (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:53:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Ukraine Crisis (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ukraine Crisis  (Read 235207 times)
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« on: July 05, 2014, 05:12:04 PM »

They retreated from Sloviansk? That's quite significant. I wonder if this means the beginning of the end of the rebellion.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 12:20:32 AM »

The Junta? I'd like to see the evidence of military leadership in that new government.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 04:41:42 PM »

I have a friend who's pretty much a libertarian on most things, who's prepared to criticise the West to no end about anything, yet will go to great lengths to defend Putin's decidedly not libertarian regime and his actions in Ukraine.

I'd say it's a knee jerk reaction made out of pure opposition to the Western powers more than anything based in logic and reality. I suspect it might the same here.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 01:23:36 AM »

As a Libertarian I hate Putin. I also hate the fact that people seriously care about Crimea. I don't want to defend Putin, but what he does in Russia's sperhe of influence isn't a serious threat unless he invades a NATO country.
Spheres of influence are an outdated concept IMO. Bigger nations shouldn't be entitled to harass smaller nations that happen to be nearby. If Ukraine wants to ally with the US, it should be allowed to do so without fear of invasion, just as any Central or South American nation should be allowed to ally with Russia without fear of American attack.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies