Ukraine Crisis (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:31:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Ukraine Crisis (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ukraine Crisis  (Read 235073 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: July 24, 2014, 07:43:05 AM »

It also shows what a pointless joke the UN has become.

Please stop talking and come back when you figure out what the United Nations actually does.
In my lifetime, the only thing I have seen the UN "do" is make itself a forum for third world crackpots and tyrants to blame the west for their problems.

Here, I'll help you out. Have you noticed that smallpox isn't a thing anymore? Who do you think is responsible for that?
Seriously?  Not the UN.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 05:21:30 AM »

It also shows what a pointless joke the UN has become.

Please stop talking and come back when you figure out what the United Nations actually does.
In my lifetime, the only thing I have seen the UN "do" is make itself a forum for third world crackpots and tyrants to blame the west for their problems.

Here, I'll help you out. Have you noticed that smallpox isn't a thing anymore? Who do you think is responsible for that?
Seriously?  Not the UN.

Who, then?
yes
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 06:15:49 AM »

In related news, US to deploy M1 Abrams to Estonia in October and are now backing Japanese ownership of the South Kuril Islands.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 09:19:02 PM »

It's time to stand up to the bully.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 01:13:50 PM »

Not a good turn.  Putin is going to keep pushing until somebody bigger than the Ukraine stands up to him.  Do we have the balls?  Do we even care?  Granted, this is much more of a European problem than an American problem, it's still a problem.  A problem that we shouldn't let stand.  We shouldn't have let 8/8 stand either.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 01:01:56 AM »

I agree with you.  It's funking disgusting how the West has hung Ukraine out to dry.  It's funking disgusting that 80% of Germans wouldn't want to defend the Baltics if they're attacked.  Obama made a nice speech the other day saying how we're totally onboard with defending the Baltics, but are we going to do it alone?  Merkel gave a similar speech, but she also stressed how important the NATO-Russia Founding Act is to her.  And do they actually mean it?  Will Obama have JFK's balls if the Putin hits the fan?  I fear he won't.  If we let Putin turn NATO into a joke, we'll all deserve the sh**tty future we get.  It shouldn't have gotten this far, it should have been stopped in Georgia.  It should have been stopped when the issues in the Ukraine first popped up.  It definitely should have been stopped when we had proof Russia itself was invading the Ukraine.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 05:57:12 AM »

Poor Ukraine....you've been boned again.  I don't know why anybody with means would stay.  It's obvious the rest of us don't care and will do almost nothing to help if Putin decides he wants a little more (and he will).  Hopefully Hillary will have bigger balls than Obama.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 11:57:29 AM »

Maybe they realized they were not going to get any serious help from the only people that could possibly help them so decided to cut their losses?  We've gotten into the habit of hanging Eastern Euros out to dry when the bear growls.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 02:25:22 AM »

Tycoon's arrest sends shock wave through Russia
You must be logged in to read this quote.
I didn't think it deserved it's own thread, but it is interesting.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 07:50:01 AM »

I don't know what Putin's end game is, but he certainly isn't there yet.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies