Ukraine Crisis (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:22:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Ukraine Crisis (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ukraine Crisis  (Read 235324 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: February 19, 2014, 01:09:54 PM »

Hopefully the duly elected government can continue to hold strong against mob violence.

You mean hopefully they can continue to massacre young protesters? I'm sure they can but I wouldn't be so gleeful about it.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 08:43:20 PM »

Who exactly are the neo-nazis? (and please cite evidence of them being such) I have yet to see any swastikas or skinheads in the pictures of the groups attacking the gov't offices yet.

I have no doubt that there are likely some racists and anti-immigrants in the groups, but that does not equal neo-nazi.  
Does the Slavic far right use the swastica often? I would think that it would be quite unpopular

Yeah, you would, but no it isn't, is the short answer. Tongue

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 09:09:30 AM »

Can people please posting RT-links? It's not a credible source.

And yeah, dramatic event today. Can't say I feel sad to see the guy go though. Also seems to dispel this notion that the Ukrainian government is fascist or propped up by these people.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 01:53:50 AM »

There's a significant number of Russian speakers who call themselves Ukrainians though. Isn't that more a political statement than something backed up by genetics?

I think you're missing AG's point that nationality in general isn't very well defined by genetics.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 06:33:34 AM »

So, no one is talking about the fact that Ukraine seems to be on the verge of civil war now?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 04:22:10 PM »

So, no one is talking about the fact that Ukraine seems to be on the verge of civil war now?

Most of us don't speak Ukranian or Russian, so there's not really a whole lot in the way of discussion other than regurgitation of BBC News bulletins, mindless unfalsifiable speculation, or armchair sagery from our suburban homes.

If only there were people in the West who spoke Russian and could transmit such information. Dang.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 08:52:07 AM »

Most of us don't speak Ukranian or Russian, so there's not really a whole lot in the way of discussion other than regurgitation of BBC News bulletins, mindless unfalsifiable speculation, or armchair sagery from our suburban homes.

If only there were people in the West who spoke Russian and could transmit such information. Dang.

I didn't know you were a fan of Russia Today, Gustaf.

They're sort of funny, I'll give them that. Wink
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 05:23:02 AM »

So, Barroso says Putin told him "I can take Kiev in 2 weeks if I want to". WTF.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies