The Sage Garden
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:04:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Sage Garden
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18
Author Topic: The Sage Garden  (Read 25970 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: January 28, 2014, 09:54:18 PM »

All of Snowstalker's posts in this thread: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=186527.75
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #126 on: January 29, 2014, 03:03:59 AM »

Did Snowstalker seriously end two consecutive posts in the SOTU thread with the exact same Thomas Sankara quote or am I dreaming?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #127 on: January 29, 2014, 09:22:49 AM »

Did Snowstalker seriously end two consecutive posts in the SOTU thread with the exact same Thomas Sankara quote or am I dreaming?

I think he did. The problem with sage is that it stems from a limited intellectual palette so some recycling is obviously necessary. Nevertheless I hope this will finally lead to Snowstalker's ban since admitted trolling is presumably a ToS violation.

And remember,

"He who feeds you, controls you" - Thomas Sankara

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #128 on: January 29, 2014, 10:52:45 AM »

I think he did. The problem with sage is that it stems from a limited intellectual palette so some recycling is obviously necessary. Nevertheless I hope this will finally lead to Snowstalker's ban since admitted trolling is presumably a ToS violation.

And remember,

"He who feeds you, controls you" - Thomas Sankara

That was an accident, since most of both my deleted and non-deleted posts had been edited by yours truly multiple times. Thankfully one of the two posts was deleted.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #129 on: January 30, 2014, 11:23:22 AM »

Russia's trend towards reactionary nationalism is the direct result of shock therapy imposed by the Western puppet Yeltsin and Clinton breaking his promise to not expand NATO so as to surround and directly menace Russia.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #130 on: February 03, 2014, 07:38:42 AM »

She wants to bomb them outright, so why would she want new sanctions?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #131 on: February 03, 2014, 08:29:56 AM »

Russia's trend towards reactionary nationalism is the direct result of shock therapy imposed by the Western puppet Yeltsin and Clinton breaking his promise to not expand NATO so as to surround and directly menace Russia.

Amazingly, Snowstalker is right on this one. The hardships of the 1990s transformation, which wasn't wholly successfull (to put it mildly) and the geopolitical changes did play a major role in Russian sentiments.

Now, that's a proper entry!
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #132 on: February 03, 2014, 11:53:31 AM »

Amazingly, Snowstalker is right on this one. The hardships of the 1990s transformation, which wasn't wholly successfull (to put it mildly) and the geopolitical changes did play a major role in Russian sentiments.

So Bill Clinton is the main person to blame for Russia's anti-gay wave?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #133 on: February 03, 2014, 12:10:44 PM »

Sage isn't determined by whether something's true, but the size of the truths.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #134 on: February 03, 2014, 05:50:20 PM »

So Bill Clinton is the main person to blame for Russia's anti-gay wave?

One of many; plenty of factors and plenty of blame. The expansion of NATO, the failure of IMF-imposed shock therapy, the revival in influence from the Russian Orthodox church after 70 years of state atheism, and Putin's legitimacy coming from posing himself as a tough and competent alternative to the incompetent Yeltsin are all factors in Russia's political direction.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #135 on: February 03, 2014, 05:55:33 PM »

Yeah, this is sadly a fact. Some of it stems from the nature of Islam in regards to treatment of women, but I'd suspect that much like higher crime rates among minorities and poor whites, much of it stems from poverty, unemployment, underemployment, etc.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #136 on: February 06, 2014, 05:52:20 PM »

The Master Class wants people competing for the jobs that others already have so that it can make the workplace far more brutal and far less remunerative.

Unemployment insurance came into existence during the Great Depression in part to protect existing workers from losing jobs to the unemployed.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #137 on: February 06, 2014, 06:00:53 PM »

The Master Class wants people competing for the jobs that others already have so that it can make the workplace far more brutal and far less remunerative.

Unemployment insurance came into existence during the Great Depression in part to protect existing workers from losing jobs to the unemployed.

He's right though? High unemployment results in reducing bargaining power for workers, which allows employers to pay less and have fewer worker protections, etc.

Of course his tone is too sage-y, that's true.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #138 on: February 06, 2014, 06:07:50 PM »

He's right though? High unemployment results in reducing bargaining power for workers, which allows employers to pay less and have fewer worker protections, etc.

Of course his tone is too sage-y, that's true.

Not repeating myself.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #139 on: February 06, 2014, 06:09:22 PM »

As has been pointed out, what makes something sage is not the truth value of the post but the size of said Truths.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #140 on: February 07, 2014, 01:12:42 AM »

http://www.metamodernism.org/
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #141 on: February 10, 2014, 08:48:12 PM »

Both her and her predecessor are parasites and deserve no more money than their lowest-paid laborer.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #142 on: February 13, 2014, 09:50:19 AM »

Several dead, including a couple killed by pro-government militia (FTR I don't support any of the violence on either side) and one member of said militia killed by the fascists (proof that these are anything but "peaceful protests" and probably part of another coup plan).

I'm sure Obama has something to do with it just like Bush did 12 years ago; he wants that oil, and the Western media will surely portray these as peaceful, idealistic democratic protesters, which is a blatant lie.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/americas/2014/02/venezuela-anti-government-rally-turns-deadly-2014212195829466475.html
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #143 on: February 13, 2014, 11:34:44 AM »

Legitimate question: why are all of our Latin American posters awful right-wingers?

Why would the fascists need to start an uprising in Venezuela? They have been in power for the last 15 years. Against whom would they be rebelling?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #144 on: February 13, 2014, 12:12:54 PM »

Legitimate question: why are all of our Latin American posters awful right-wingers?

Why would the fascists need to start an uprising in Venezuela? They have been in power for the last 15 years. Against whom would they be rebelling?

I think ag and deadflagblues have been burdened with the knowledge of basic economics.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #145 on: February 13, 2014, 04:10:22 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2014, 04:16:11 PM by asexual trans victimologist »

I think ag and deadflagblues have been burdened with the knowledge of basic economics.

Be that as it may, I'm really, really wondering how exactly ag is defining 'right-wing' in his subsequent post in that thread. Criticizing Chavez's and especially Maduro's policy, rhetoric, and actions in office is completely reasonable but the specific descriptors that he's using seem, well, odd in this context.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #146 on: February 18, 2014, 03:55:10 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=187710.0

The Ultimate Sage Thread?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #147 on: February 22, 2014, 08:10:50 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=12049;sa=showPosts
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #148 on: February 22, 2014, 08:40:44 PM »

FTR, I am not Hispanic in any way, shape, or form, but I think you know that by now Tongue.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #149 on: March 01, 2014, 04:47:15 AM »

The Sage is strong in this one:

The global elite that controls and profits off both Obama and Putin wants a war and they will get one. Perhaps not over Ukraine or Syria, but they will get one in the future.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies