The Sage Garden (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:03:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Sage Garden (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Sage Garden  (Read 26025 times)
Cassius
YaBB God

« on: December 18, 2013, 06:34:45 PM »

What is sage?
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 06:37:42 PM »

Of course! (metaphorical facepalm)
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 05:43:54 PM »

I wasn't trying to appear wise or iconoclastic. That's simply what I think.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 06:03:43 PM »

Fwiw its true. Why bother trying to be wise? It hurts the head.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 08:08:38 AM »

Damn you!! My status as monopoly supplier of unpopular and unimplementable views is coming under threat. I need to go bigger!! Nay, bigger and better!! Out with small fry monarchism and endorsement of inequality is a good thing!!!! In with open support for the Marian burnings and Tomas de Torquemada!! Heeheeheeheeheeheeeeeeearghhh... suffers seizure and dies, accidentally impaling himself upon a crucifix

Pathetic attention whoring over and done with for today
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 08:51:13 AM »

Are people here arguing that circumcision is a Christian practice? Because as far as I know, the US are the only place in the world where Christians actually do it. No idea why, but if someone is circumcised here everybody assumes he's Jewish or Muslim.

As to the main point of the discussion, I actually have to agree with Joe on the main point, though I'd like if he'd put it in less condescending terms. Even a benign mutilation is still a pretty serious personal violation, and should require a compelling motivation. Religion should be left some leeway of course, but not at the expense of basic individual rights.

Memphis and Einzige say a lot of crap as usual.

Sorry to blunder in here with my... point, shall we say, is that essentially banning the circumcision of babies (I'm not sure if that's what you're getting at, please correct me if it isn't) would, potentially, undermine the character of Judaism as an ethnoreligion (unless I'm entirely misreading what circumcision is for, in which case, discount that point). I mean, its not quite like Christianity, or most other religions, in the sense that whilst their are converts to Judaism, it is primarily a religion of the Jewish people (defined as an ethnic group). Leaving the decision of circumcision up to the personal choice of the individual (as with baptism and the Baptist Church), would somewhat take away from this character. More to the point, whilst I'd agree that a forced circumcision would be a serious personal violation against someone a little older, I'm not quite sure if it is, so much, in the case of a baby that's only a few days old and can barely think. Just my low-grade contribution.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies