The Sage Garden (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:06:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Sage Garden (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Sage Garden  (Read 25909 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: December 30, 2013, 11:18:25 PM »

Anyone who wastes their time watching TV shows is an intellectual lightweight. Read a f**king book!
Oh God, came here to post that.

Came here to see if you posted that.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 08:21:07 AM »

More proto-sage.

People like some Atlas liberals are part of the reason why we've been losing the South. Look at Arkansas; they still have New Deal infrastructure in place and are solidly Democratic at a local and state level. Though some of the blame lies on some Blue Dogs being crybabies, some of it does lie on the rise of the DLC and the Democratic Party's abandonment of its history from 1832 to 1980 as the party of the working man to instead be the party of yuppies and women.

I don't even know what that's suppose to mean.  What does women's issues have to do with infrastructure?  I mean, I suppose he has a point that Democrats haven't had an easy time trying to pass real comprehensive infrastructure plans in Congress (for a number of reasons, of course), but that aside, what is the point he wanted to make?

Ignore the word "infrastructure". His point is that Dems should've prioritized economic over social issues.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 03:03:17 PM »

I'll be the first to admit to having been an arrogant prick on here, and I won't deny doing things to intentionally annoy certain posters that "rub me the wrong way". That said, A) a one sentence post with as shorts of words as that is hardly "sage" as the term has been appropriated here, and B) yes, there is an element of romantic attachment to the past--the idyllic, noble organic farmer, and so on--in parts of the environmental movement that could be construed as a reactionary attempt to set society backward. Thus, in the hyperbolic sense, those "hippies" want to take us back to "stone age". Feel free to post the above in whatever thread you please to display my what have you.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 06:02:26 PM »

Whoa! Criticize me all you want. I'm a forum Republican, it's your job to do so. But going after Snowguy? Snowguy!?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 06:16:04 PM »

Whoa! Criticize me all you want. I'm a forum Republican, it's your job to do so. But going after Snowguy? Snowguy!?

I know, he seems to be untouchable on this forum, despite repeatedly being an ass to people for no reason.

My only criticisms would come to him from the right, and thus are purely political in nature. I don't really recall instances where I've seen him being a dick, though I have seen other posters sh#t on him on more than one occasion, for what seems to be no reason at all.

Sanchez is right.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 09:53:08 PM »

We are losing Maxwell now. Look at what we are doing!? The madness needs to end, and it needs to end now.

It should've been obvious that this would happen. The void wants opebo, but if we don't surrender him, it's going to start grabbing quality posters instead.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 11:24:24 AM »

Nah, this one isn't sage. These terms actually make perfect sense in context.

Those terms are sage red-flags and have been since the infancy of adopting the word. It makes no difference whether it makes sense or not...

I don't think any term is inherently sage, unless it's really some pompous and obscure word nobody actually ever uses. The general phrasing and the issue addressed should be taken into account.

The mere phrase "Neo-Liberalism" sends off alerts on the 12 Sage-detecting servers across the globe.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies