Our favorite poster from texas
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:17:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Our favorite poster from texas
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Opinion of jmfcst?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Our favorite poster from texas  (Read 890 times)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 05, 2013, 08:24:04 PM »

RIP
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 08:26:21 PM »

Liked him at first, but his numerous socks and public spectacles of locking himself out of his own account have since changed my opinion.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 08:28:16 PM »

The grandaddy of them all.  Asshole.  Religious heretic.  Fundie.  Obnoxious.  Rude.  Ignorant.  Arrogant.  Unsophisticated.  Sock master.  Epitomizes everything wrong with Christianity and religious discourse today.  Literally the only banned user whose return would make me leave this forum permanently, and I don't mean that jokingly.  In fact, I think he may have been the first person I put on ignore after getting sick of his constant BS.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 08:28:37 PM »

HP
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 08:54:41 PM »

Massive FF. RIP.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 08:55:39 PM »

Don't know who that is.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 09:15:57 PM »

The grandaddy of them all.  Asshole.  Religious heretic.  Fundie.  Obnoxious.  Rude.  Ignorant.  Arrogant.  Unsophisticated.  Sock master.  Epitomizes everything wrong with Christianity and religious discourse today.  Literally the only banned user whose return would make me leave this forum permanently, and I don't mean that jokingly.  In fact, I think he may have been the first person I put on ignore after getting sick of his constant BS.

Scott wasn't here throughout the years so I discount his view.  I hope the jfmsct returns.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 09:17:45 PM »

I thought this was going to be a poll about who your favorite poster from Texas is.

It's not me.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 09:26:29 PM »

I thought this was going to be a poll about who your favorite poster from Texas is.

It's not me.

Big Daddy TX would be hard to beat since he moved there.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 09:44:47 PM »

Scott wasn't here throughout the years so I discount his view.  I hope the jfmsct returns.

Fortunately I don't really care if you discount my opinion of him or not.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 09:47:33 PM »

Now, if you view the jmfcst as a religious heretic, is this demonstrative of your views on all right-wing Christians, or did our favorite poster from Texas do something particularly alienating?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 10:09:43 PM »

I was scared this thread was going to be about me.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, 10:10:13 PM »

Our favorite poster from Texas? You mean Jbrase? Yeah, he's an FF. Wink
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2013, 10:12:40 PM »

Now, if you view the jmfcst as a religious heretic, is this demonstrative of your views on all right-wing Christians, or did our favorite poster from Texas do something particularly alienating?

I'm more critical of how certain conservative Christians approach their views than what their actual views may be.  Jmfcst liked to quote the Bible a lot, but he never seemed interested in putting things in perspective or learning why the Bible says the thing it does.  I also happened to find him obnoxious.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2013, 10:17:39 PM »

I'm more critical of how certain conservative Christians approach their views than what their actual views may be.  Jmfcst liked to quote the Bible a lot, but he never seemed interested in putting things in perspective or learning why the Bible says the thing it does.  I also happened to find him obnoxious.

I'm mildly surprised that liberal mainline is throwing around that word. Its a bit out of character Tongue

As one of the few socons on here, I hope he doesn't come back. he certainly wasn't helping the cause.

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2013, 10:18:34 PM »

I'm mildly surprised that liberal mainline is throwing around that word. Its a bit out of character Tongue

As one of the few socons on here, I hope he doesn't come back. he certainly wasn't helping the cause.

What word is that?
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2013, 10:20:39 PM »

I'm more critical of how certain conservative Christians approach their views than what their actual views may be.  Jmfcst liked to quote the Bible a lot, but he never seemed interested in putting things in perspective or learning why the Bible says the thing it does.  I also happened to find him obnoxious.

What word is that?

Heretic.

Don't hear that one from progs too often.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2013, 12:54:20 AM »

Heretic.

Don't hear that one from progs too often.

Heretic is a word we should use more often, for we must call out the faults of those who would be our brethren in Christ when we think they err. It is those who say that they act in the name of Jesus yet do not act in accordance with the teachings of his ministry that are being referred to in Matthew 7:21-23 and Luke 6:46-49.  His ministry was about compassion and tolerance even to those who are sinners. His earthly ministry was about service, not rulership. Jesus rejected the governance of the kingdoms of the earth in favor of the governance of heaven.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2013, 12:57:48 AM »

IndyTX, Andrew, Jbrase, Obamanation, badgate, TXgurl, and lots of others deserve to be ranked higher. (I looked him up.)
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2013, 12:58:15 AM »

I never got along with him all that well, but he was a voice representing a slice of society this forum could use a competent voice from. I wish he could return, and yes, his banning was politically motivated, but at the end of the day, he really decided himself to get banned, so that's his choice. Heh, I can't blame him for trying to get banned really.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2013, 02:52:49 AM »

Liked him at first, but his numerous socks and public spectacles of locking himself out of his own account have since changed my opinion.
Nailed it.

I agree that the message board needs more posters of his demographic, but we don't need the public spectacles and socks.  I don't understand why more posters don't see those things as the problem they are.

Some of you guys are going to freak out when Dave (pbuh) decides he doesn't want the hassle anymore and shuts this thing down.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2013, 04:45:16 AM »

DisLliked him at first, but his numerous socks and public spectacles of locking himself out of his own account have since changed my opinion.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2013, 06:21:14 AM »

RIP indeed. He was a forum institution and it's outrageous that he is gone.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2013, 08:24:07 AM »

Nailed it.

I agree that the message board needs more posters of his demographic, but we don't need the public spectacles and socks.  I don't understand why more posters don't see those things as the problem they are.

Some of you guys are going to freak out when Dave (pbuh) decides he doesn't want the hassle anymore and shuts this thing down.

I doubt it.  If that happens, everyone will just migrate to another forum or better yet, start a new forum.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2013, 01:05:46 PM »

What is 'pbuh'?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies