Sexual Repression
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:26:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  Sexual Repression
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Sexual Repression  (Read 2461 times)
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2013, 07:22:57 AM »

I am utterly flabbergasted. What the hell is going on here? The only proper orgasm is a vaginal orgasm? There is only one type of orgasm?

Look, you know, I'm not an expert. But I can tell you two things right here, right now:

1. Most women achieve orgasm by stimulation of the clitoris.
2. While an orgasm is technically just an orgasm, how you get there and how that influences the feeling of having an orgasm is very important.

Truth be told, the female orgasm isn't biologically necessary. Not that it doesn't serve any purpose - it serves several - but it isn't absolutely vital. There are lots of reasons women have never had an orgasm ever and some are more tragic than others. One of the more common is because she or her partner ignore the clitoris. Just as it's difficult for a man to orgasm purely from prostate simulation, it's often difficult for a woman to orgasm purely from vaginal stimulation. The most sensitive parts lie in that beautiful button - and if you can't spare a hand to massage it you're a selfish rube.

But I'm straying off the subject. Sexual repression. I can't offer you studies and citations. I can say that the availability of sex probably does correlate directly with a decrease in violence and overall societal happiness. That's only an inkling. As much as I hate "men's rights" people, I do think there is certain stigma and unrealistically demanding standard for "maleness" that is psychologically damaging to ordinary men - sexual repression being one of the results.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2013, 07:36:27 AM »

Look, you know, I'm not an expert. But I can tell you two things right here, right now:

2. While an orgasm is technically just an orgasm, how you get there and how that influences the feeling of having an orgasm is very important.

Truth be told, the female orgasm isn't biologically necessary. Not that it doesn't serve any purpose - it serves several - but it isn't absolutely vital. There are lots of reasons women have never had an orgasm ever and some are more tragic than others. One of the more common is because she or her partner ignore the clitoris. Just as it's difficult for a man to orgasm purely from prostate simulation, it's often difficult for a woman to orgasm purely from vaginal stimulation. The most sensitive parts lie in that beautiful button - and if you can't spare a hand to massage it you're a selfish rube.

Again, you're totally missing the point.  I stated that attaining this type was only possible for a 'large minority'.  But for those who can most will state that is far better and more satisfying. And obviously its much more appealing for the man. 

Your prostate reference is revealing - many who are 'into' this will state that it is 'better' when not accompanied by penile stimulation.  In both the male and female case, such stimulation is best (for aficionados) as a kind of preparation or foreplay before the 'main event', though in many cases of high passion it can be dispensed with altogether.

Of course, but since both of my wives dated black guys before me (the last fella my first wife was dating threatened, to my face, that he "aughta put a bullet in your (my) phuquing head" when he found out I was dropping the hammer on what he thought was his) I've never put much stock in it.

Yes, I remember about your unusual dating.  But the relevance of slang is not that it reflects an absolute, rather that reflects something which 'has some truth in it'.  Obviously not all women prefer the big bamboo, and obviously that feature is not in fact absolutely correlated with race. Just on balance it is true more often than not.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2013, 10:43:13 PM »

Again, you're totally missing the point.  I stated that attaining this type was only possible for a 'large minority'.  But for those who can most will state that is far better and more satisfying. And obviously its much more appealing for the man. 

Your prostate reference is revealing - many who are 'into' this will state that it is 'better' when not accompanied by penile stimulation.  In both the male and female case, such stimulation is best (for aficionados) as a kind of preparation or foreplay before the 'main event', though in many cases of high passion it can be dispensed with altogether.

I wasn't just talking to you or about your posts. You said things I believe are harmful to sexual expression and gratification before, but I don't disagree much with this. It's still off to claim that orgasm reached vaginally is somehow correct. The important thing is everyone's satisfaction, as you've said. But since most women are not in the 'large minority' it's important to know the best way to satisfy her. That's clitoral. Yes, indeed, perhaps not during the entire 'main event' but certainly towards the end. Same with the prostate - I understand you would concentrate on that stimulation, but to actually get an orgasm you'll probably need to toy up front a bit. And I am having trouble believing I'm about to press Post.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2013, 07:51:04 PM »

I'm tempted to write a TL;DR post outlining my thoughts on this much further but I don't have the energy right now so I'll just leave two related points

1) What because I'm getting at more than whether 'repression' is unhealthy is whether repression is possible at all. The whole idea comes from early twentienth century psychology and psychoanalysis with its metaphors stuck in the notion of machines and energies and forces (as opposed to now where the metaphor is computational... Is repression 'hard wired'?). The way I see it is that if repression exists, it must be as 'natural' as the sexuality it counters. Or put it another way, how is it possible to have an unnatural thought? All thoughts, assuming materialism to be true (and I think it must be), are products of the brain. The brain is an organ of the body with an evolutionary history. Therefore all thoughts are products of nature. Therefore unnatural thought is an oxymoron. Therefore repression - whatever it is - is natural. All human behaviour is natural (thus to claim there is a human nature is a misrepresentation of statistics)

Usually the way of explaining this therefore is to invoke culture. So that the cultural environment creates these ideas which somehow contradict with our 'natural' desires (Ah, so you are an externalist). But this, again, is a metaphor of layers, that there is a cultural layer on top of the 'you' layer and these struggle with each other. Now this may be true, but I want evidence dammit. Besides with my training in Anthropology has led me to doubt a lot whether you can abstract a person from their culture or environment as if we exist in some way separate from these things.

Before anyone complains and say I'm damaging the reputation of humankind or of homosexuals or whatever, I suggest you look here

2) Back as a second year undergrad I did a seminar on Nationalism and in my class I had to read a paper by (and here goes my pretense at scientificity) Slavoj Zizek. In the paper using the usual Lacanian pseudo-intellectual gymnastics Zizek argued, in his oh so Contrarian way that nationalism was a positive and revolutionary force as it way in which communities organized their enjoyment. Now, there is a lot of rubbish here and I'm not interested in claiming any empirical reality for Lacan or for Zizek (as none exists), but the idea has long struck me as not totally unsound. That the things a certain people do and believe and think has a meaning within their own semiotic frame of reference and for such people such actions make sense and are true as long as that frame of reference holds within that community and for each individual. We all have differing perceptions to which we attach labels and therefore significance (or insignificance) and we can not be certain how well those labels apply even to ourselves given the limitations of introspection, thus how can we be certain of the experiences of other peoples?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2013, 11:19:56 AM »

But since most women are not in the 'large minority' it's important to know the best way to satisfy her. That's clitoral.

I'm just not interested in this type of woman.

Yes, indeed, perhaps not during the entire 'main event' but certainly towards the end.

To the contrary, its at the beginning its useful, not towards the end. 
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2013, 11:33:51 AM »

But since most women are not in the 'large minority' it's important to know the best way to satisfy her. That's clitoral.

I'm just not interested in this type of woman.

Yes, and you insult them for your not being interested in them, which somebody who wasn't a selfish, shallow [seventeenth-century term for an untidy person] who saw women as less than human would see is clearly a trait of yours rather than any sort of 'impropriety' on their part.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2013, 12:08:02 PM »

Why do you guys bother with Opebo?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2013, 12:22:25 PM »

Technically, while not necessary, an orgasm assists to force more semen through the cervix...
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2013, 03:35:49 AM »

I feel a bit out of the loop about Atlas culture these days, so just to check: middle-aged man bragging to teen virgins about his big c*ck is still the coolest person ever, right?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2013, 08:44:03 AM »

I feel a bit out of the loop about Atlas culture these days, so just to check: middle-aged man bragging to teen virgins about his big c*ck is still the coolest person ever, right?

Pretty close, yeah.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2013, 08:52:34 AM »

This seems to be the case.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2013, 02:53:32 PM »

It's fun to throw stones at a wall to see if you can make a dint?
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2013, 03:29:53 PM »

Antonio and I are twentysomething virgins now, technically, and I'm pretty sure Tik is married, but, in a symbolic sense, basically, yeah.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2013, 05:42:52 PM »

I'm not bragging, Gustaf - no doubt the African has me bested in every respect, and even Afleitch from what I understand is of the Liam Neesonish type.  My comments are as usual in the service of truth, not personal gain, though I have to admit it is hard to imagine what use even a step-by-step manual would be for this lot.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2013, 06:19:14 PM »

My comments are as usual in the service of truth, not personal gain, though I have to admit it is hard to imagine what use even a step-by-step manual would be for this lot.

Well, it'd be funny, in a Swiftian sort of way.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2013, 06:33:10 PM »

What a sad little thread this turned out to be.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2013, 05:51:42 PM »

What a sad little thread this turned out to be.

Yeah, sorry Afleitch.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies