SENATE BILL: Employer Non-Interference Act of 2013 (Redraft Signed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:43:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Employer Non-Interference Act of 2013 (Redraft Signed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Employer Non-Interference Act of 2013 (Redraft Signed)  (Read 2049 times)
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« on: December 11, 2013, 02:34:33 AM »

I don't like a minimum fine being instituted, because that largely functions to burden a smaller businesses over large ones.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 06:10:05 PM »

A percentage would be best, in my opinion. I'll offer an amendment as soon as Yank processes this one.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 08:46:45 PM »

I have an amendment.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 05:12:53 AM »

So you're going to have union representatives wandering around summer camps and CIA HQ?

Are summer camp counselors and CIA agents not allowed to unionize?
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 05:13:42 AM »

Aye
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 02:19:11 AM »

So you're going to have union representatives wandering around summer camps and CIA HQ?

Summer Camp Counselors maybe, but wouldn't unionizing the CIA be problematic? I mean, it is kind of hard to hold a vote on unionizing when your embedded in Iran, without blowing the agent's cover.

Well, you're neither required to join a union nor vote to join one. Agents embedded in Iran or anywhere comprise a very small portion of the CIA's assets. Those who are ready and willing to join a union certainly should be able to do so.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 12:01:19 AM »

Summer Camp Counselors maybe, but wouldn't unionizing the CIA be problematic? I mean, it is kind of hard to hold a vote on unionizing when your embedded in Iran, without blowing the agent's cover.

Well, you're neither required to join a union nor vote to join one. Agents embedded in Iran or anywhere comprise a very small portion of the CIA's assets. Those who are ready and willing to join a union certainly should be able to do so.

I am on the whole somewhat of a private sector unions only type guy precisely because when you get into situations like this it isn't the corporate big wig's fat bank account you are striking against but the children, national security etc etc. At the same time I do want some means of protecting these people who provide so valuable a service to the country.

Well, a union's only function isn't to strike. I understand that unions in the public sector tend to have more leverage (the BART strike is a good example), but a union's first and foremost goal is to facilitate collective bargaining, and that's not necessarily the path to a strike, unless there's a huge gap in negotiation.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2013, 11:20:45 PM »

My point is that there are some workplaces of a sensitive nature (ex. caring for children, dealing with classified material) that have understandable restrictions on who is allowed to hang about.

How does this change that?
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 12:57:46 AM »

My point is that there are some workplaces of a sensitive nature (ex. caring for children, dealing with classified material) that have understandable restrictions on who is allowed to hang about.

How does this change that?

1c. "full and total access"

Hm, I see. Ok, how about this amendment? I made up some form names.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2013, 11:59:40 PM »

Final vote on the Employer Non-Interference Act of 2013:

Aye (4): bore, Gass3268, TNF and TyriontheImperialist
Nay (4): Maxwell, NC Yankee, Spiral and TyriontheImperialist
Abstain (0):

Didn't Vote (0):
Vacant Seats (2): Napoleon and Xahar

With time having expired and the vote tied 4-4, a tiebreaker is thus needed from the Vice President.

I didn't know a Senator could vote both for and against something .. ?

I think it's tmth's Nay vote which should be in place of mine, but the net result is the same.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 06:59:54 PM »

Even with the possibility of a redraft from Duke?
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 02:08:14 AM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies