SENATE BILL: Employer Non-Interference Act of 2013 (Redraft Signed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:26:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Employer Non-Interference Act of 2013 (Redraft Signed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Employer Non-Interference Act of 2013 (Redraft Signed)  (Read 2057 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: December 20, 2013, 03:08:22 PM »

I am torn on this. While I respect workers' rights to organize, I also respect business owners rights to not want to run their business with unions involved, or allow them to shut it down if a union organizes there...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 02:52:43 PM »

I would consider sending this back for a redraft with some of the changes Tyrion has proposed. I don't think giving them unfettered access at all times regardless of the circumstances is can fly though. Businesses need autonomy over their affairs, but I am okay with unions being allowed to organize as long as employees have the choice to do so and are not forced into doing it. Choice is key, guys. See a pattern with me?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 07:13:46 PM »

Time for a redraft. I'll get to work on it.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 06:31:24 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

A few things here:

I am okay and believe in the right for unions to organize. They should be free to hold campaign drives as long as it does not interfere with the things mentioned in the redraft. Employers cannot regulate employees to who they talk to off the clock and punish them for that as long as it is not causing a danger in the work place, nor should they be allowed to hire people to intimate employees. I agree there.

Second, union organizers should NOT have free access to businesses any time of the day to the point where they begin to interfere with day to day operations though. There needs to be restrictions because businesses are independent entities and not subject to the whims of unions who are, after all, businesses in their own right that look out for their own interests. We have to respect the boundaries of private enterprise along with allowing the employees to have choices on whether to unionize or remain unaffiliated. A monopoly on either is good for no one.

Third, it should be the unions' job to make themselves known to employees, not the employers having to advertise for the unions. That is not their job. Employees who wish to unionize may do so, but it is the union's responsibility to get their name out there and help the employees organize, which they are more than capable of doing and have done for years and years. It is not the job of the federal government to tell businesses that they must advertise for the unions or give employees handbooks/posters to tell them how to unionize. We are forcing them to favor the unions over themselves. Both sides have their interests - that's what is so interesting about "collective bargaining." It's a bargain! We must keep that balance.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 10:13:35 AM »

A vote is now open on the President's Redraft, Senators please vote Aye, Nay or Abstain.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Another successful redraft.

X Duke
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies