Opposite Party Presidential Candidates You'd Consider Voting For
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:36:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Opposite Party Presidential Candidates You'd Consider Voting For
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Which candidates not from your own party could you see yourself voting for?
Joe Biden

Hillary Clinton

Howard Dean

Martin O'Malley

Brian Schweitzer

Andrew Cuomo

Kristen Gillibrand

Amy Klobuchar

Mark Warner

Scott Brown

Jeb Bush

Chris Christie

Ted Cruz

Mike Huckabee

Jon Huntsman

Rand Paul

Rick Perry

Paul Ryan

Rick Santorum

John Thune

Mary Fallin

Nikki Haley

Bobby Jindal

Jon Kasich

Susana Martinez

Rob Portman

Condoleezza Rice

Marco Rubio

I'm a Democrat and wouldn't vote for any Republican

I'm a Republican and wouldn't vote for any Democrat

I don't align with either party

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 111

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Opposite Party Presidential Candidates You'd Consider Voting For  (Read 4003 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2014, 03:17:39 AM »

I might vote for Jon Huntsman if the Democrats decide to nominate, say, Jim Traficant.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2014, 04:19:31 PM »

Based on this poll, maybe Huntsman should consider changing parties.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2014, 04:45:43 PM »

If the Democrats somehow nominated Dan Lipinski, Bart Stupak, or someone of the sort and the Republicans nominated a nut, Rand Paul, or John Huntsman, I'd probably vote for the Dem.

Why are Rand Paul and John Huntsman in the same category?
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2014, 04:48:01 PM »

Based on this poll, maybe Huntsman should consider changing parties.
Oh god no. The last thing we need is for the Democratic party to match even further right
MurrayBannerman
murraybannerman

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: -2.09

« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2014, 05:36:11 PM »

If the Democrats somehow nominated Dan Lipinski, Bart Stupak, or someone of the sort and the Republicans nominated a nut, Rand Paul, or John Huntsman, I'd probably vote for the Dem.

Foreign policy? :confusedshrug:
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2014, 07:02:28 PM »

Isn't Huntsman a Neoconservative?  Most moderate Republicans are very hawkish.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2014, 08:07:15 PM »

They are quite different from each other and only in the same category if that category is their appeal to me. My issues with either are completely different. With Rand Paul, I would be extremely hesitant to vote for him because he could support legalized drugs and/or prostitution. His economic views are also too extreme.

Huntsman I can't stand because he's been on what seems like a tirade against conservatives for the last couple years. Huntsman comes across as rude, condescending, and the type of person I cannot possibly vote for if I disagree with him on a single issue. Also the whole post-partisan schtick is obnoxious (though that might just be because everyone I know in real life who considers themselves "post-partisan" are so "post-partisan" they check all the boxes with the D's next to them).

Foreign policy isn't much of a consideration on my part, although Paul kind of scares me. I'd be concerned that if elected president he'd do something incredibly unpragmatic in the global arena and make a mess.
Mordecai
Australia

« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2014, 06:49:35 AM »

Quite the opposite actually, he basically mimicked Ron Paul on foreign policy. He's not a moderate either (he believes in the flat tax!), just a non-fundamentalist, non-neoconservative Republican who believes in climate change. That's not a moderate.
Cobbler
United States

« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2014, 10:55:12 AM »

Quite the opposite actually, he basically mimicked Ron Paul on foreign policy. He's not a moderate either (he believes in the flat tax!), just a non-fundamentalist, non-neoconservative Republican who believes in climate change. That's not a moderate.

I wouldn't say he mimicked Ron Paul (who touted a borderline isolationist policy) but rather a more Obama-like foreign policy relative to the rest of the crowd, which was predominately neoconservative.

He's conservative on economic issues such as taxes (obviously, as he's a Republican, not a Democrat), but he's not only a believer in climate change, but also in gay marriage, supports medical marijuana, supported the Dream act, supports infrastructure spending, supported the stimulus. To me, sounds pretty moderate.
Marnetmar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -8.24

« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2014, 01:34:53 PM »

Huntsman for being sane.
whanztastic
Rookie

« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2014, 06:12:52 PM »

None, it's the party that's the problem.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2014, 08:05:23 PM »

Brian Schweitzer, Andrew Cuomo, and Mark Warner.
Maistre
United States

« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2014, 09:33:43 AM »

They are quite different from each other and only in the same category if that category is their appeal to me. My issues with either are completely different. With Rand Paul, I would be extremely hesitant to vote for him because he could support legalized drugs and/or prostitution. His economic views are also too extreme.

Huntsman I can't stand because he's been on what seems like a tirade against conservatives for the last couple years. Huntsman comes across as rude, condescending, and the type of person I cannot possibly vote for if I disagree with him on a single issue. Also the whole post-partisan schtick is obnoxious (though that might just be because everyone I know in real life who considers themselves "post-partisan" are so "post-partisan" they check all the boxes with the D's next to them).

Foreign policy isn't much of a consideration on my part, although Paul kind of scares me. I'd be concerned that if elected president he'd do something incredibly unpragmatic in the global arena and make a mess.

Hunstman is a weird one, because his record before the 2012 campaign was actually a pretty good one. He would have definitely beat Romney if he actually tried running in a Republican primary (as opposed to the MSNBC primary). I think his distaste for actual Republican voters is what did him in.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2014, 08:00:40 PM »

None
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2014, 10:24:50 PM »

Jon Huntsman is the only one I'd even begin to consider voting for.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2014, 11:04:18 PM »

Huntsman.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2014, 05:51:13 AM »

None since everyone sucks except Rand Paul and Ted Cruz. If my boy Dennis runs though.
Let me ask a question. If you are ready to support both Dennis Kucinich and Rand Paul, both quite libertarian, why would you support Ted Cruz?
Mordecai
Australia

« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2014, 06:11:42 AM »

I wouldn't say he mimicked Ron Paul (who touted a borderline isolationist policy) but rather a more Obama-like foreign policy relative to the rest of the crowd, which was predominately neoconservative.

He's conservative on economic issues such as taxes (obviously, as he's a Republican, not a Democrat), but he's not only a believer in climate change, but also in gay marriage, supports medical marijuana, supported the Dream act, supports infrastructure spending, supported the stimulus. To me, sounds pretty moderate.

Ok I didn't know about his views on medical marijuana and same-sex marriage. With that considered, I would say he's a moderate.
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2014, 05:28:41 PM »
« Edited: April 15, 2014, 05:30:17 PM by Liberalrocks »

Jon Huntsman, I've never had to question the mans sanity and respect him.
nolesfan2011
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.68, S: -7.48

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2014, 07:32:28 PM »

Paul and Huntsman only, depending on the circumstances and such, I'd vote for Rand over HRC in things that might actually happen (though 3rd party still probably first)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies