Who was the most partisan President?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:13:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Who was the most partisan President?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Who was the most partisan President?  (Read 1555 times)
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2013, 07:53:07 PM »

Adams and Nixon.

Nixon being very under-appreciated in these stocks, Watergate is probably the most partisan act ever committed by a President.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2013, 09:01:16 AM »

Didn't Jackson say something along the lines of "If a Democrat can't do the job, get rid of the job?"
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2013, 10:11:52 AM »

Didn't Jackson say something along the lines of "If a Democrat can't do the job, get rid of the job?"

Bad choice of Presidents to quote from, because of all the faux outrage and hatred regarding Jackson by the libs here.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2013, 01:58:55 PM »

Jackson definitely has to be up there in partisanship.

George Washington was obviously the least partisan.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2013, 03:50:46 PM »

Bad choice of Presidents to quote from, because of all the faux outrage and hatred regarding Jackson by the libs here.

Faux outrage? He was awful.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2013, 03:58:20 PM »

As far as partisanship in letting coroporate greed crash the economy through deregulation are Hoover and Dubya. But ideological in pushing his tax cut through and not building a consensus around it was Reagan. Although Liberals were happy he got rid of communism.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2013, 04:29:31 PM »

Yeah, the modern liberal seems to have a problem with universal white male suffrage, which was arguably the best development in American history until 1865 (Thanks, Andrew Jackson!). Well, that and the inability of modern liberals to take history for the context of the times, rather than holding Jackson and Jefferson et al. to modern standards regarding behavior/etiquette.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2013, 05:38:06 PM »

Yeah, the modern liberal seems to have a problem with universal white male suffrage, which was arguably the best development in American history until 1865 (Thanks, Andrew Jackson!). Well, that and the inability of modern liberals to take history for the context of the times, rather than holding Jackson and Jefferson et al. to modern standards regarding behavior/etiquette.
My personal qualms with Jackson have more to do with Indian Removal, which I think counts among one of the worst events in American history.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2013, 05:44:22 PM »

My personal qualms with Jackson have more to do with Indian Removal, which I think counts among one of the worst events in American history.

I don't disagree, but at the same time it's odd how Jackson is singled out for Indian Removal, but most liberals are completely willing to paper over, I dunno, Grant/Hayes/Garfield/Arthur/Cleveland continuing the policy of Indian Removal and turning the whole process up to 11.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2013, 06:12:01 PM »

I don't disagree, but at the same time it's odd how Jackson is singled out for Indian Removal, but most liberals are completely willing to paper over, I dunno, Grant/Hayes/Garfield/Arthur/Cleveland continuing the policy of Indian Removal and turning the whole process up to 11.
I don't disagree. Also, if I recall, Jackson had the bad habit of messing around with the bureaucracy.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2013, 08:40:54 PM »

Nixon and JFK. They aren't really identifiable figures in terms of ideas besides the fact that they are Democrats/Republicans.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies