What party are you registered in?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:29:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  What party are you registered in?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: well
Republican

Libertarian

Constitution

Independent

Reform

Hate America Party (Democrats, Greens, other types)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 97

Author Topic: What party are you registered in?  (Read 8838 times)
J.R. Brown
Rutzay
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2005, 03:43:39 AM »

The I love American Civil Liberites and didn't create the totalitarian anti-everybody who isn't Christian or Republican Patriot Act. "Let's keep America safe by putting every American in jail."

p.s. Before yall start bitching about how the Patirot Act has strengthened law enfrocement and stopped terrorism, you should also note that the Patriot Act also says it's okay to hold people without legal representation and without due process, it also throws search and seizure laws out. And I'm not just talking terrorists, everybody is under this. they can arrest your ass even if they think you look like a terrorist.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2005, 03:55:04 PM »

The I love American Civil Liberites and didn't create the totalitarian anti-everybody who isn't Christian or Republican Patriot Act. "Let's keep America safe by putting every American in jail."

p.s. Before yall start bitching about how the Patirot Act has strengthened law enfrocement and stopped terrorism, you should also note that the Patriot Act also says it's okay to hold people without legal representation and without due process, it also throws search and seizure laws out. And I'm not just talking terrorists, everybody is under this. they can arrest your ass even if they think you look like a terrorist.

And exactly who has been arrested under this? Yep, no one.
Blue Rectangle

Political Matrix
E: 8.50, S: -0.62

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2005, 06:22:44 PM »

Greens don't just hate America, they hate the human race Wink
Blerpiez
blerpiez

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2005, 06:51:29 PM »

I will register as a Democrat, but only to vote in primaries.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2005, 06:57:08 PM »

I reiterate States' point.  Has anyone been held by this.  Has the government used their powers to inspect library use?  A big NO to that.
J.R. Brown
Rutzay
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2005, 08:06:27 PM »

I reiterate States' point. Has anyone been held by this. Has the government used their powers to inspect library use? A big NO to that.
It must be nice living in that serene little world of yours. Maybe if you would open your eyes you would see the damage that this has caused. Unlike you, I don't follow my leaders blindly. I question there authority and stay informed of the legislation that's being processed through our government. I don't listen to the talking heads on Fox and CNN, those idiots are just as qualified to be journalists as I am. Read the Constitution, this will give you a good idea of what it really means to be an American and not a brainless idiot who follows the commands of other brainless idiots. How can you deny that Arab Americans are being descriminated against and illegally searched by the government just for having lived in the Middle East. These
people came here to escape the evil that we are fighting and we just sent them back into it.

Read This: http://www.aclu.org/SafeandFree/SafeandFree.cfm?ID=13079&c=207

I would Also suggest watching this documentary: http://www.publicinterestpictures.org/unconstitutional/
Please don't dismiss it too quickly. Be open minded.
If you watch that I'll watch Fahrenhype 911. Of course there would be no way of knowing whether each of us watched either.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2005, 08:12:48 PM »

Does the ACLU have proof of this, or are they just looking for a fund raising idea.  Most likely, if they are anywhere close to the actual number, that number is made up of illegals, or those detained fighting against us of Afghani battlefields.  If you can show me shred of proof that an American citizen was deported without a reason, I'll waste my money an buy the DVD of that movie.  Oh, and don't subject yourself to Fahrenhype, watch Celsius 41.11
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2005, 08:25:00 PM »

In the US, as the above logic goes, it's either the Hate America Party or the Screw Americans Party. I'll go with people over the Grand Oligarch Party, which likes the patriotic propaganda, but screws the people every chance it gets.

Good point, TCash, I'll take the Hate America Party over the Screw Americans Party anyday.
J.R. Brown
Rutzay
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2005, 09:04:14 PM »

Does the ACLU have proof of this, or are they just looking for a fund raising idea. Most likely, if they are anywhere close to the actual number, that number is made up of illegals, or those detained fighting against us of Afghani battlefields. If you can show me shred of proof that an American citizen was deported without a reason, I'll waste my money an buy the DVD of that movie. Oh, and don't subject yourself to Fahrenhype, watch Celsius 41.11
I would check your local video store, that's where I got it. I'll chech out Celsius 41.11, thanks for the warning on Fahrenhype. I like to check out different views. I hated Fahrenheit, Michael Moore likes to pick and choose what he wants to put in his films. I thought Unconstitutional used some fairly credible sources in their investigation. One situtation in the movie that really disturbed me was of this Arab American family who were detained in their suburban home and their 19 year old daughter had a gun put to her head. I think the father had fled from Syria years ago and sought asylum here in the US. His children actually were born in this country and had American accents and everything, but were detained in a detention center for months. The father for 10 months, I can't remember how long the rest of them were. Anyway the movie said that him and his children might be sent back to Syria. His 15 year old daughter said she came here when she was 3 and didn't know any other language besides English. I thought that story was pretty crazy.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2005, 09:23:37 PM »

I reiterate States' point.  Has anyone been held by this.  Has the government used their powers to inspect library use?  A big NO to that.

How the hell would you know? They don't have to tell anyone.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2005, 09:28:24 PM »

Again, what good would it do them to hold someone illegally?
J.R. Brown
Rutzay
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2005, 11:59:00 PM »

Again, what good would it do them to hold someone illegally?
That's what I'm wondering. Technically, since the Patriot Act says this, it's nto illegal. How many of these detainees have been charged with a crime? It's unconstitutional to hold these people without charging them with a crime. Even the Nazis were charged with war crimes.

Amendment V
No PERSON (not citizen) shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Have these terrorists been prosecuted by military tribunals yet, if so, show me the evidence. They don't have to keep that from us. I don't think telling us that these people have been prosecuted jeopradizes national security. Again, if you think it does tell me why. To my knowledge no one has been prosecuted yet. If they are going to be held at gitmo, I think they should at least be put in front of some sort of military tribunal.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2005, 01:04:14 AM »

Please cite evidence of these so called detentions. Don't give the the Bandit line, "I don't have to post proof".
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2005, 08:53:16 PM »

Please cite evidence of these so called detentions. Don't give the the Bandit line, "I don't have to post proof".

Padilla
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2005, 08:55:43 PM »

Padilla

Not a US citizen as far as I remember
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2020, 11:44:16 PM »

Not yet registered
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2020, 07:59:50 AM »

Not sure why New Italy Cop bumped a 15-year-old thread, but I've been a registered Democrat for the past year and a half, and I have no current reason to change that.
538Electoral

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2020, 11:02:53 PM »

I changed from Independent to Republican last year.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2020, 05:21:29 PM »

I registered myself in the republican party on March 8 2018, and I have been in it ever since. I am going to stay in it at least through the rest of the presidential term, and I will see where my allegiance and faith in the country will be taken in future terms
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2020, 07:16:02 PM »

God, 2005 Atlas was dumb as a rock. It's hard to believe but I think we're still better off now even with all the fascists swarming around.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2020, 12:18:39 AM »

there wasn't an option when I got registered and I'm glad for that
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2020, 12:25:26 PM »

I'm in one of the many states where voters do not register by party.

If I lived in one where we did register by party, it would be as an independent.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2020, 12:44:31 PM »

Partisan registration is not an option in Tennessee.  I've always voted in the Republican primary though and would register as a Republican if it were an option.
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2020, 01:16:27 PM »

So I had been told in the past that in Wisconsin whoever you vote for determines your party, but I just confirmed online and over the phone with the government that there is no party registration at all. Wisconsinites have to actually go and register with a party if we want to be officially a part of the party. I guess that means I've never been a part of a party officially. lol
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2020, 01:33:55 PM »

Been registered as a Democrat since I was 18.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies