Sanchez's apology thread (also inside: an apology for making an apology thread).
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:46:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Sanchez's apology thread (also inside: an apology for making an apology thread).
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sanchez's apology thread (also inside: an apology for making an apology thread).  (Read 330 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 13, 2013, 07:17:05 PM »

Tonight, as I so often do, I let another poster’s relatively benign barb enrage me resulting in a rather pathetic spectacle of self destruction. This obviously does little to improve the quality of the forum. All I succeeded in doing tonight was making a bigger fool of myself than I already am.

After eating a small meal and taking a walk to reflect on some past advice that I have received from Nathan, I decided to make an apology (I know these aren’t popular right now, but I feel that this one is legitimate and not over something trivial). Far too often, I explode on my imaginary perceptions of posters and far too often I decrease the quality of this forum. Many of our more seasoned posters keep me on ignore, and after reading my own little tantrum tonight, I can’t say I blame them.

While I don’t feel any regret over the original display of indignity, my childish and desperate attempts to get under the skin of the other party involved clearly derailed any actual point I may have been trying to make. For this painfully embarrassing demonstration of ignorance and absurdity, and for making many of you cringe (probably to the point of some pain in your face), I apologize. Please continue to hold my feet to the fire and help me grow both as a person and a poster, as this forum has done since I first joined Smiley.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 07:26:00 PM »

I understand the apology isn't directed at me, but nonetheless, good to know. For what it's worth, I also think I should have refrained for escalating this exchange, though I stand by everything I said.

Be sure that, even though I will keep relentlessly and sometimes harshly deriding your views, I do sympathize with your personal struggles.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 07:36:35 PM »

I understand the apology isn't directed at me, but nonetheless, good to know. For what it's worth, I also think I should have refrained for escalating this exchange, though I stand by everything I said.

Be sure that, even though I will keep relentlessly and sometimes harshly deriding your views, I do sympathize with your personal struggles.

Thank You. If anything, this unofficial type of agreement will make our future arguments more understandable and rational (well, at least to me) in the future. I apologize for escalating things (I think that is another thing I should be apologizing for-I usually am the one escalating things) and I am glad that you brought that up.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 07:47:31 PM »

Thank You. If anything, this unofficial type of agreement will make our future arguments more understandable and rational (well, at least to me) in the future. I apologize for escalating things (I think that is another thing I should be apologizing for-I usually am the one escalating things) and I am glad that you brought that up.

Duly noted. I certainly appreciate if we can avoid the drama and throw insults at each other's views without getting heated up.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 08:12:07 PM »

Boy do I love boobs.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon