8th Pacific Council Legislation Introduction and Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:36:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  8th Pacific Council Legislation Introduction and Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 8th Pacific Council Legislation Introduction and Discussion Thread  (Read 2174 times)
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« on: December 16, 2013, 08:02:24 PM »

I'm not sure what the status is here, but 2.4 of the Third Pacific Const. says this:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So you could appoint any of the folks in the election if they wanted to join us. We certainly have vacancies. Then if and when we're up and running, I'll just pick up where we left off and bump some of those threads.

I'd also like to be confirmed as Speaker if no one else wants it - we should probably do that.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 03:31:03 PM »

I motion to move this amendment to the top of the queue.

Done. Not sure about clogging or the state of the Council right now, so I'll hold off for the moment. I think IF we have the people to pass it, we can just pass it, and then get to the stuff that's tailed off.

I sympathize with the necessity of your exec order, but am worried about how that could be abused in other circumstances. I wish we could build an argument that says that this is a really unique situation, and admit that beyond that it would be unconstitutional, but I'm not sure how to do that yet.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 01:43:13 PM »

Okay, how do we want to proceed? Do we want to change to three councillor or just proceed under the ruling until things pick up or we are consolidated? I think the ruling gives us a lot of leeway.

Then, do we want to bump some of those threads - I know a couple of them I have started votes on, so I guess it will be Flo and me (they are now, I think, toward the bottom of page 2). I would say that we need 2 of 3 votes to pass anything, which would be Flo and me.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 11:25:14 PM »

Before I call for a vote on the Fix the Council Amendment I would like to be installed formally as Speaker. It appears to require a majority. So I'll nominate myself for Speaker.

If we can do it here, the vote is Yes. We don't need a thread for that, do we?
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 01:12:12 PM »

I hereby officially support myself for Speaker. Now, Flo has to agree, I think, for the majority.

And btw, thanks for coming back to the Council, Flo. Stay involved!
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 10:53:51 AM »

When the referendum is over I'll start by bumping the old threads and then start a new thread for the great reform amendment. Then as far I'm concerned we can proceed with what we want based on priority.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 06:10:02 PM »

And I'm going to tarnish my leftist credentials by saying that I disapprove of changing it from "Columbus" Day! If we're to change the name, we may as well call it "Explorer's Day" or something like that, so I will propose that. Or something like it.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 09:21:51 PM »

Flo, I understand where you're coming from, but by that philosophy the Catholic Church, for example, should be non existent based upon how they behaved. Also, Vespucci was worse than Columbus, and also, Columbus was under order to loot. That's why the Queen financed him. But I don't want to get into that discussion here - I understand your point of view.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 04:14:24 PM »

Okay, I'll get the two new bills up soon.

Just FYI: Raising the age of consent would be, I believe, a violation of federal law, since I'm nearly certain the federal gov. sets it at 14.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 11:01:31 AM »

I'd like to introduce this. I'm a runner, so clause 1 irks me with regard to inconsiderate people. Not sure about clause 3, but I wanted to offer something.

DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 08:04:50 PM »

I'd like to do some Education spending and STEM support. Anyone else want to address that?
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2014, 08:42:27 PM »

I hereby officially resign from the Pacific Council.

My semester started a week and a half ago, and it has turned out that my workload is very heavy. There's not much chance that I'll be able to contribute in Atlasia on a consistent basis.

Acknowledged. I'm sorry. Your recent merger attempts were admirable, credit where credit is due.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies