Motion for the Expulsion of Senator Xahar
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:20:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Motion for the Expulsion of Senator Xahar
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Motion for the Expulsion of Senator Xahar  (Read 3084 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2013, 07:59:52 AM »

This is an illegal, bulls**t witch-hunt of a vote. The fact that you all are ready and willing to expel Xahar but weren't about to expel a much worse Senator (Napoleon) accurately explains the pathetic approvals this Senate gains in the opinion polling.

Stick it TNF. This is the same bullsh**t you threw at us back in July in the GOR committee when you had ampel opportunity prior to voice opposition by PM, in the thread and even to vote against holding the hearing, only to then do nothing and not even vote on the damn thing.

No, you hang back like a snake to keep your dirty little fingerprints off of it so that you can then rush in and cry foul, yell corruption and accuse people of a witch-hunt. And you get away with it because your little circles of supporters believe every damn lie that comes out of your mouth and then some, and no one else matters.

The problem is not me or any of us here. It is you. You live in a world that doesn't include anything which you cannot fathom or understand. For you the means, the rules are all just bullsh**t anyway and thus it is impossible for anyone else to trully care about them because afterall, TNF doesn't and that is the limit of human understanding. The TNF way is the only way, afterall. Everyone else is just stupid or insane.

The problem for you is that reality is a complete 180 from the TNF way.

I shielded both Xahar and Napoleon when the rules dictated such back in September/October.
The Senate should strongly consider an impeachment and expulsion hearing against "Senator" Xahar for:

1) Willfully violating his oath of office
2) Abuse of power
3) Dereliction of duty
4) Hostility toward the democratic processes of Atlasia

The Senate's expulsion power is tied to a strict activity standard that must first be violated.

Can someone explain why Nappy and Xahar haven't already been expelled?

As Maxwell said, they both came narrowly skirted removal. They came really close in Sept/October but Legal issues concerning the validity of the use of impeachment on Senators (hence why we improved thE Expulsion process and then subsequently passed the On Second Thought Oops Amendment) as well as the fact that they both narrowly avoided being absent seven days, prevented action from being taken.

The greatest proof that you have of my consistency on this regard, is that I don't support expelling you even in spite of this bs, dishonest band wagon nonsense. The rules don't allow me too.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2013, 09:38:30 AM »

The Senate should have expelled Napoleon early last spring, and it has only suffered since then on account of its failure to act. Nevertheless, I don't see that as a reason to oppose Xahar's expulsion; in fact, Xahar's expulsion also should have come about much earlier. All of you must realize that he was technically eligible for expulsion in October?

Expulsion or impeachement? Remember the expulsion standard was still 14 days in October.

As I recall, we didn't move forward because of the legality of the use of impeachment on Senators. I really don't want to get into who said what in a PM conversation though, but I recall we both on board with going forward until the concern was raised and we stopped. That might have even been on Nappy, not Xahar, actually.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2013, 09:48:03 AM »

I just reviewed the PMs in my inbox.

It was impeachment, not expulsion as he had only been absent seven days.

He had a leave of absence dated September 17th and thus he survived because of the weaker LOA standards in the Expectations Amendment.

Under the present rules, yes Xahar would have been bounced at the beginning of October.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2013, 10:11:13 AM »

As much as it disappointed me to discover that LOA, adn thus not be able to move forward there, that still makes two documented instances were I said no to impeaching/expelling Xahar based on the rules not allowing it.

Some witchhunt, TNF. Tongue
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2013, 08:45:09 PM »

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Xahar was just as bad as Napoleon. In fact, Xahar missed more votes than Napoleon. TNF, as someone who devotes so much time to the senate, I fail to see how you are able to constantly defend someone who is consistent in their inactivity. It's counterproductive, and in some cases, such as abolishing conscription, it wastes your time.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2013, 11:04:46 PM »

Nay
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2013, 01:24:44 AM »

This is nothing but a political stunt by TNF - just compare his political views and relationship to both Xahar and Napoleon and you'll see why he only supports expelling one. That's the only bulls**t I see here. It's sad that this chamber continues to be bogged down by his unnecessary behavior.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2013, 11:00:27 AM »

Vote on the Motion to Expell Senator Xahar:

Aye (6): bore, Maxwell, NC Yankee, Spiral, Tmthforu94 and TyriontheImperialist
Nay (3): Gass3268, TNF and Xahar
Abstain (0):

Didn't Vote (0):
Vacant Seats (1): Napoleon

With two thirds of the number of Atlasian Senators duly chosen and sworn in accordance with the Constitution and rules of the Senate, having voted in the affirmative on the expulsion of Senator Xahar, the Senator has thus been expelled from the chamber.

This is the closest expulsion vote ever. In fact all previous were unanimous with the exception of BK's last where franzl had to be "different". Tongue
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2013, 11:27:38 AM »

A dark day for the Republic.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2013, 01:38:29 AM »

Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2013, 01:54:59 AM »

Roll Eyes Xahar has made a mockery of the Senate, and deserves to be expelled from the Senate.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2013, 02:11:18 AM »
« Edited: December 24, 2013, 02:13:09 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Yes it is a dark day for the Republic, when blatant incompetence can now be excused based on who you are, with whom you are friends with, what your politics happen to be, who else should or should not have been tossed, or finally, the structure of the rules.

At some point, competence and quality of service rendered have to matter or nothing will ever get done here and that is as sure a prescription for making people bored and disinterested as any. Fix the Region's wasn't delayed by structure or rules (actually it was sped up to the discretion of the administration by rules but such facts matter little in you guy's world), it was delayed by Senator incompetence. I would also point out that one of the most left Senate's I have ever served in could not manage the votes to ban conscription, nor could it even manage to get more Ayes than Nays on Women's Reproductive Rights, all because of Senator incompetence. I wasn't kidding when I called it a self-defeating revolution. Senator Xahar was the most anti-Regionalist Senator ever, but at the same time, Senator Xahar's Inactivity was one of the greatest pro-Regionalists ever. Tongue
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2013, 05:10:00 AM »

I expect to be reappointed shortly.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2013, 05:35:03 AM »

I am afraid that is not possible.

But you have fun doing it just the same.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2013, 06:40:22 AM »

I appoint Xahar to fill the vacancy in the Senate.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2013, 07:37:19 AM »

The rules expressly forbid the recognition of any Senator's appoint whilst still within the term from which they were expelled.

Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2013, 10:58:14 PM »

I seriously don't understand anyone defending Xahar.  He clearly deserves what he got.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2013, 11:23:50 PM »

Xahar prevented passage of the women's rights amendment and the abolition of conscription amendment, two landmark leftist pieces of legislation sponsored by the two of you. Yet you hold him up to the highest esteem and defend him as if he's been a glorious senator. Remember when Light and CU merged and you claimed we "weren't leftist enough" and that you were the true leftist party and that we're just a bunch of whiny moderate heroes? Now is when the hypocrisy of those statements is at its greatest. Find one inactive Progressive officeholder whose screwed up the passing of liberal legislation. (And don't even try Napoleon; he carpetbagged to our party after originally being a laborite.) The point is, you can't. You take two virtually identical senators, and you praise one and criticize the other. And for what reason? Because one apparently sides with you, trolls the Pacific, and operates under your little puppet party of NMAM, and that somehow makes this all okay. That makes missing 70% of the votes acceptable, in your world. You've always bragged that you have the highest levels of activity in the senate, (this is directed at TNF) but it makes no difference when you support inactive candidates. Especially when the senators you support miss votes; when they do that, they might as well vote no. And if they did vote no for every time they didn't vote, you'd call them reactionaries, fascists, members of the rich man's party. But all because Xahar is within a certain clique and he carries a red avatar, all of these things that he has done are excusable.

Merry Christmas btw
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #68 on: December 25, 2013, 11:23:16 PM »

Xahar prevented passage of the women's rights amendment and the abolition of conscription amendment, two landmark leftist pieces of legislation sponsored by the two of you. Yet you hold him up to the highest esteem and defend him as if he's been a glorious senator. Remember when Light and CU merged and you claimed we "weren't leftist enough" and that you were the true leftist party and that we're just a bunch of whiny moderate heroes? Now is when the hypocrisy of those statements is at its greatest. Find one inactive Progressive officeholder whose screwed up the passing of liberal legislation. (And don't even try Napoleon; he carpetbagged to our party after originally being a laborite.) The point is, you can't. You take two virtually identical senators, and you praise one and criticize the other. And for what reason? Because one apparently sides with you, trolls the Pacific, and operates under your little puppet party of NMAM, and that somehow makes this all okay. That makes missing 70% of the votes acceptable, in your world. You've always bragged that you have the highest levels of activity in the senate, (this is directed at TNF) but it makes no difference when you support inactive candidates. Especially when the senators you support miss votes; when they do that, they might as well vote no. And if they did vote no for every time they didn't vote, you'd call them reactionaries, fascists, members of the rich man's party. But all because Xahar is within a certain clique and he carries a red avatar, all of these things that he has done are excusable.

Merry Christmas btw

tl;dr
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #69 on: December 25, 2013, 11:24:01 PM »

Merry Christmas btw

tl;dr
That's a good way to avoid the subject, eh
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #70 on: December 26, 2013, 01:43:58 AM »

Merry Christmas btw

tl;dr
That's a good way to avoid the subject, eh
Not really a good way; it just shows he has no excuse for his actions.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #71 on: December 26, 2013, 02:57:41 AM »

Thank you, Yankee and PJ. Your posts on this page are excellent. I'm particularly glad about PJ's post - it's about time Atlasians on the left of the political spectrum see the inactive representatives of the far left and their influential enablers within the Labor Party for what they are.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #72 on: December 26, 2013, 05:48:03 AM »

Merry Christmas btw
Identical... but not
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #73 on: December 26, 2013, 11:12:53 AM »

Thank you, Yankee and PJ. Your posts on this page are excellent. I'm particularly glad about PJ's post - it's about time Atlasians on the left of the political spectrum see the inactive representatives of the far left and their influential enablers within the Labor Party for what they are.

>implying that PJ is on the left end of the political spectrum

Were I him I'd run far away from an endorsement of Atlasia's leading fascist.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #74 on: December 26, 2013, 11:17:27 AM »

>implying that PJ is on the left end of the political spectrum

Were I him I'd run far away from an endorsement of Atlasia's leading fascist.

He is on the left of the political spectrum. And if you consider Zuwo to be a fascist and PJ to be a right winger then your sense of left–right politics is either pretty warped or you are an extremist.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies