Conservatives whine about Boehner and McConnell, part 674564
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:29:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Conservatives whine about Boehner and McConnell, part 674564
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Conservatives whine about Boehner and McConnell, part 674564  (Read 731 times)
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 18, 2013, 01:55:27 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

More: http://www.usatoday.com/story/onpolitics/2013/12/16/boehner-senate-conservatives-fund-budget-deal/4042705/

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 02:01:59 PM »

I fully support primarying McConnell.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 02:04:55 PM »

Well, considering everything else Crazy Town has done over the past couple years, this isn't surprising.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 02:06:35 PM »

While I sympathize with that sentiment, I don't want to risk another actual Teatard getting into the Senate. The House is bad enough as is.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 02:08:13 PM »

To say such things, there's really no other excuse except that they are a bunch of loons who are absolutely incapable of compromise and need to be taken out by whatever means necessary. Just look at the first page of this board. Perhaps they'll be happy when McConnell straps a bomb to his chest and barges into the Senate screaming, "Praise be to Teabagger God!".

Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 02:20:04 PM »

To say such things, there's really no other excuse except that they are a bunch of loons who are absolutely incapable of compromise and need to be taken out by whatever means necessary. Just look at the first page of this board. Perhaps they'll be happy when McConnell straps a bomb to his chest and barges into the Senate screaming, "Praise be to Teabagger God!".

Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 05:01:53 PM »

Of course, if the left had any money and any semblance of organisation, they would probably doing exactly the same thing to the Democrats.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 05:11:23 PM »

Of course, if the left had any money and any semblance of organisation, they would probably doing exactly the same thing to the Democrats.

But they don't, so the point is moot.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 05:23:41 PM »

But they don't, so the point is moot.

Both things are true. But, mostly in response to the post about them being loons, the fact is, if the Democratic Party had shifted to the left as much as the Republicans have shifted to the right over the past few years, and yet still forces on the hardline, anti-compromise wing of the left were attacking the leadership for their supposed moderation, I'd be prepared to bet good money on there being calls for 'more more more' from the majority of posters questioning the mental stability of this wing of the Republicans at present. You see, I don't really believe that this is an argument about providing good government. I'm convinced that the majority of left-wingers would support a government shutdown (or some similarly disruptive event) if it was conducive to advancing their interests at the expense of the enemy. The right, as we can see, is clearly not opposed to this (I, for one, am not, although I do think the battles need to be chosen a lot more carefully without the use of the blunt and frankly dangerous instrument that is the government shutdown). But, my point basically boils down to the fact that the left can get off its high-horse of smug-superiority over the 'loons' on the hard-right, as they know perfectly well that, deep-down, they would be doing the same should the circumstances be reversed.

Now of course, this is a hypothetical situation, and I myself am generally not a fan of being presented with overly-complex hypothetical analogies. So feel free to ignore the above ramblings.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies