Opinion of traininthedistance
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:06:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of traininthedistance
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of traininthedistance
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 41

Author Topic: Opinion of traininthedistance  (Read 1343 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 18, 2013, 02:28:43 PM »

Don't think I've seen a bad post from him tbh. FF! Only change needed is to make the jump and become more of a presence in the FCOT areas of the forum.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 02:30:10 PM »

Needs to be trainin' the distance more.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 02:30:26 PM »

The man like good scotch.  Automatic FF.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 02:34:03 PM »

By all measures an excellent poster. I really appreciate his political views and often find myself agreeing with him. I think we share the same basic approach of having an equal distaste for True Leftism and Moderate Heroism.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 02:35:55 PM »

Excellent addition to the forum.
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 02:37:35 PM »

Very enjoyable to read.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 02:44:13 PM »

Don't know much about him, but he has some really interesting stuff to say about urban planning/transportation. FF.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 02:55:31 PM »

He's so dramatic and sassy.  I like to pretend he's living this lavish lifestyle in the big city, lording it over everyone around him... purely for the reaction.  It's like mixing baking soda and vinegar and injecting it under his skin.

There are two types of people I tend to treat like crap:  Those that I like, and those that I don't.  Traininthedistance falls into the former category.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 02:56:43 PM »

By all measures an excellent poster. I really appreciate his political views and often find myself agreeing with him. I think we share the same basic approach of having an equal distaste for True Leftism and Moderate Heroism.

That's interesting, I feel the same way about him.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 02:58:31 PM »

That's interesting, I feel the same way about him.

Well, I don't think you and I define True Leftism and Moderate Heroism the same way, though. Tongue
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2013, 03:08:45 PM »

He's one of our top mapmakers. 'Nuff said, FF.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2013, 03:10:19 PM »

muon never particiaptes in these threads so I'd say [/thread]

Wink
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2013, 03:15:04 PM »

Wink
And apparently you didn't participate in spelling class.  Or is it Wake and Bake Wednesday in the Burgh? Tongue
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2013, 03:18:27 PM »

Wink
And apparently you didn't participate in spelling class.  Or is it Wake and Bake Wednesday in the Burgh? Tongue

I've got a case of bronchitis that would bring down a wild bear, so piss off, SNOWY.  Tongue
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2013, 03:26:45 PM »

Wink

I've got a case of bronchitis that would bring down a wild bear, so piss off, SNOWY.  Tongue
Well... all the more reason to celebrate Wake and Bake Wednesday by baking some special treats with even specialer butter.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2013, 03:28:24 PM »
« Edited: December 18, 2013, 03:55:34 PM by traininthedistance »

He's so dramatic and sassy.  I like to pretend he's living this lavish lifestyle in the big city, lording it over everyone around him... purely for the reaction.  It's like mixing baking soda and vinegar and injecting it under his skin.

There are two types of people I tend to treat like crap:  Those that I like, and those that I don't.  Traininthedistance falls into the former category.

Heh, thanks.  Tongue

I am a little oversensitive and overserious sometimes, it's a problem.  Not as bad a problem as my terminal anxiety and extreme laziness (which are easier to keep hidden on a place like this), but a problem all the same.

Don't think I've seen a bad post from him tbh. FF! Only change needed is to make the jump and become more of a presence in the FCOT areas of the forum.

I spend way way too much time on Atlas as it is.  I'd be less of an HP if I posted less and was more productive in "real life" instead.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2013, 04:03:42 PM »

He's so dramatic and sassy.  I like to pretend he's living this lavish lifestyle in the big city, lording it over everyone around him... purely for the reaction.  It's like mixing baking soda and vinegar and injecting it under his skin.

There are two types of people I tend to treat like crap:  Those that I like, and those that I don't.  Traininthedistance falls into the former category.

Heh, thanks.  Tongue

I am a little oversensitive and overserious sometimes, it's a problem.  Not as bad a problem as my terminal anxiety and extreme laziness (which are easier to keep hidden on a place like this), but a problem all the same.

I spend way way too much time on Atlas as it is.  I'd be less of an HP if I posted less and was more productive in "real life" instead.
Oh, I can relate on being over sensitive, sometimes over serious... but also on high anxiety and extreme laziness.  This odd combo can sometimes lead to long-winded, bloviating posts on the forum precisely because we're too lazy to be concise.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2013, 04:48:39 PM »

Definite FF. He knows a great deal about a wide variety of things and doesn't that I can tell have any of the negative attributes normally associated with such a person. Great to have him. I don't venture around the maps and such that often (I did when I first got here), but his posts are always interesting.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2013, 05:22:11 PM »

I wouldn't hesitate to call him the best recent addition to the forum, and I haven't even seen his maps. Also probably the single poster whose views are most similar to my own.

I've actually been around for two years, although I guess that's "recent" to many folks.  I mostly stayed in the redistricting/demographics subforum doing DRA stuff and being angry at Andrew Cuomo for the first year though, didn't venture out of there much until the 2012 election.

Yeah, I'd also consider you the poster with views most similar to my own.  I suspect I'm half a notch to your right mainly on the grounds that I currently have a higher tolerance for "realist" foreign policy and the like, but that's small potatoes.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2013, 06:18:19 PM »

Major FF. 
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2013, 06:24:50 PM »

FF.

He certainly knows how to take a joke or two.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2013, 05:30:18 PM »

We have had some issues on redistricting, and what each of us thinks is a gerrymander, and not, blah, blah, but Train is an extremely intelligent and insightful man, and a tough debater with whom to cope (he certainly kept me on my toes), and a valuable member of the forum imo. FF.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2013, 06:26:16 PM »

FF of course! But I get him confused with the bundle of (D-NY)'s
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2013, 06:53:38 PM »

We have had some issues on redistricting, and what each of us thinks is a gerrymander, and not, blah, blah, but Train is an extremely intelligent and insightful man, and a tough debater with whom to cope (he certainly kept me on my toes), and a valuable member of the forum imo. FF.

I also consider you a formidable interlocutor and an FF, and have never lost respect for you even in the most heated moments of our redistricting discussions.  Should be obvious but I'll say it anyway.  Smiley

FF of course! But I get him confused with the bundle of (D-NY)'s

We even all tend to have similar opinions, it's pretty hard for me to tell the D-NYs apart sometimes.  Tongue
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2013, 12:40:53 AM »

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies