Opinion of traininthedistance (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:01:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of traininthedistance (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of traininthedistance
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 41

Author Topic: Opinion of traininthedistance  (Read 1375 times)
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« on: December 18, 2013, 03:28:24 PM »
« edited: December 18, 2013, 03:55:34 PM by traininthedistance »

He's so dramatic and sassy.  I like to pretend he's living this lavish lifestyle in the big city, lording it over everyone around him... purely for the reaction.  It's like mixing baking soda and vinegar and injecting it under his skin.

There are two types of people I tend to treat like crap:  Those that I like, and those that I don't.  Traininthedistance falls into the former category.

Heh, thanks.  Tongue

I am a little oversensitive and overserious sometimes, it's a problem.  Not as bad a problem as my terminal anxiety and extreme laziness (which are easier to keep hidden on a place like this), but a problem all the same.

Don't think I've seen a bad post from him tbh. FF! Only change needed is to make the jump and become more of a presence in the FCOT areas of the forum.

I spend way way too much time on Atlas as it is.  I'd be less of an HP if I posted less and was more productive in "real life" instead.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 05:22:11 PM »

I wouldn't hesitate to call him the best recent addition to the forum, and I haven't even seen his maps. Also probably the single poster whose views are most similar to my own.

I've actually been around for two years, although I guess that's "recent" to many folks.  I mostly stayed in the redistricting/demographics subforum doing DRA stuff and being angry at Andrew Cuomo for the first year though, didn't venture out of there much until the 2012 election.

Yeah, I'd also consider you the poster with views most similar to my own.  I suspect I'm half a notch to your right mainly on the grounds that I currently have a higher tolerance for "realist" foreign policy and the like, but that's small potatoes.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 06:53:38 PM »

We have had some issues on redistricting, and what each of us thinks is a gerrymander, and not, blah, blah, but Train is an extremely intelligent and insightful man, and a tough debater with whom to cope (he certainly kept me on my toes), and a valuable member of the forum imo. FF.

I also consider you a formidable interlocutor and an FF, and have never lost respect for you even in the most heated moments of our redistricting discussions.  Should be obvious but I'll say it anyway.  Smiley

FF of course! But I get him confused with the bundle of (D-NY)'s

We even all tend to have similar opinions, it's pretty hard for me to tell the D-NYs apart sometimes.  Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies