2014 state ballot measures (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:34:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2014 state ballot measures (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2014 state ballot measures  (Read 3962 times)
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« on: January 06, 2014, 03:03:40 PM »

I really want the Indiana legislature to pass the anti-gay marriage amendment so we can bury pass it in a referendum this November.

You can be sure I will dedicate myself to canvassing the Region to get support against for it.

That's much better.

Dude, just come out of the closet and admit that you hate gay people. It's cute how you say you don't and try to make gay marriage into a political football, but it's so obvious you're nothing but a faux-libertarian bigot.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 10:37:36 AM »

I really want the Indiana legislature to pass the anti-gay marriage amendment so we can bury pass it in a referendum this November.

You can be sure I will dedicate myself to canvassing the Region to get support against for it.

That's much better.

Dude, just come out of the closet and admit that you hate gay people. It's cute how you say you don't and try to make gay marriage into a political football, but it's so obvious you're nothing but a faux-libertarian bigot.
Eh, a hater is just going to hate. I just find it funny that he calls himself a Libertarian, yet he endorses all of these Tea Party guys and is anti-SSM. We're both running for Mideast Assembly to, so this should get really interesting.

As for topic at hand, Freedom Ohio and the Ohio Rights Group are starting to collect signatures in an effort to get 2 things on the ballot in November 2014: same-sex marriage and medical marijuana legalization. The Freedom to Marry and Religious Freedom Amendment would override Ohio's ban on it, but would not prohibit a separation of church and state when it comes to the matter. Currently, 56% of Ohioans support the Amendment. The Ohio Cannabis Rights Amendment would legalize marijuana for medical purposes and hemp for industrial needs. Both need 385,000 signatures to get on the ballot and luckily, the FtM Amendment already has more signatures than needed, but the OCR Amendment is lagging behind with only 30,000. Personally, if both get on the ballot, I'm obviously voting for FtM, but OCR I'm leaning against.

So it seems likely to pass in Ohio if a federal judge or SCOTUS doesn't rule by election time. Given how more conservative Indiana is though, it will be much closer, but I'm hoping for the best there to!

Well the last polling (Indiana is a prude about regulating polling. It’s ridiculous) shows 54% oppose the Amendment banning gay marriage, while tying 45% - 45% on legalizing it. That was last year, so I can only hope more oppose the ban/support legalizing.

I’m really hoping that Indiana pulls through and buries it. If a deeply-conservative state like Indiana defeats an anti-SSM Amendment, that would practically be a death-knell for the anti-gay marriage crowd.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 02:28:25 PM »

How did the minimum wage for tipped-workers fare? I hope it got big increases, it hasn't changed since the early 1990s IIRC.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies