Instances where whites vote more republican than blacks do democrat?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 07:29:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Instances where whites vote more republican than blacks do democrat?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Instances where whites vote more republican than blacks do democrat?  (Read 1088 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 19, 2013, 04:31:23 PM »

Weird topic, but I've never seen an instance like this. If there are some, they are obviously somewhere in the deep south. Maybe Yazoo County, MS could be an example?
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 04:53:38 PM »

Weird topic, but I've never seen an instance like this. If there are some, they are obviously somewhere in the deep south. Maybe Yazoo County, MS could be an example?

What makes you think Yazoo?

If it happens anywhere, it's probably some random county on the plains with one black guy who votes Republican. 
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 07:49:58 PM »

If it happens anywhere, it's probably some random county on the plains with one black guy who votes Republican. 

Well, the last time I checked it was 57% black and only went 53% Obama. I'm just guessing.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 07:54:24 PM »

Well, the last time I checked it was 57% black and only went 53% Obama. I'm just guessing.

Lower black turnout could possibly account for that?
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 09:07:41 PM »

Well Obama did win 56.8% in 2012 up from 53.3% in 2008.  According to the census, the county is 57.1% black, but voter registration among minorities still tends to lag that of whites as does turnout, though turnout by race was supposedly comparable nationally in 2012.  I'd like to know voter registration statistics for Yazoo, but Mississippi sucks balls.  I can tell you that in Louisiana, a census population of 57% black in a rural parish usual equals about 52% in voter registration.

old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 11:10:08 PM »

There are probably a handful of incredibly racially divided small counties in the black belt where both blacks and whites vote nearly 100% for each party. But I don't think you'll find that in any place with a sizable black population. Whites are a much more diverse group of voters for that to happen.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies