Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2014, 10:16:46 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  2016 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Mr. Morden, Bacon King, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  Mitt Romney In 2016
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mitt Romney In 2016  (Read 812 times)
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2013, 10:57:40 pm »
Ignore

The Netflix documentary has been getting some attention, as have all the books about the 2012 race. So Mitt Romney's getting some press. So what's he going to do next?

I don't think Mitt Romney's going to run for President again, but he'll probably have some effect on the 2016 race. Will his endorsement matter? Will he introduce his top fundraisers to any candidate?

He's different from previous losing nominees. Unlike Kerry or McCain, he didn't have an elected office to go back to. He's younger than Dole, and got slightly better results. But he has higher name recognition than most other Republicans.
RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 10:59:10 pm »
Ignore

If he endorses someone, he'll endorse and fundraiser for Christie. Though Paul, Cruz and Rubio are also after Romney's old donors.

+7.35, +3.65

Is it excessive to hold a politician's feet to the fire for giving his base the run around at every turn?
GayGOPer
progressive85

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 12:25:02 am »
Ignore

I never got Mitt Romney.  To quote Molly Ivins, he's "weaker than bus station chili."
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 12:36:38 am »
Ignore

Unless Romney decides to run again, he's irrelevant to the 2016 race. 

Endorsements usually don't matter.  When the endorsement comes from a two-time loser with no die-hard constituency, it matters not at all.  On the fundraising side, sure Romney could help someone out a little.  But, Mitt Romney isn't going to spend hours every day begging his friends to send Chris Christie money.

The only question I would have is who do Romney's campaign staff work for.  Romney did amazingly well in Iowa for a cold, weird big business conservative with no real message.  If I were a Republican running in Iowa, I would want to hire some of his staff.  Maybe not the person who designed ORCA.
○∙◄☻•tπ[╪AV┼cVÍ└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 03:07:31 am »
Ignore

Unless Romney decides to run again, he's irrelevant to the 2016 race. 

Endorsements usually don't matter.  When the endorsement comes from a two-time loser with no die-hard constituency, it matters not at all.  On the fundraising side, sure Romney could help someone out a little.  But, Mitt Romney isn't going to spend hours every day begging his friends to send Chris Christie money.

The only question I would have is who do Romney's campaign staff work for.  Romney did amazingly well in Iowa for a cold, weird big business conservative with no real message.  If I were a Republican running in Iowa, I would want to hire some of his staff.  Maybe not the person who designed ORCA.

Imagine if the ORCA people were in charge of the Obamacare website.
SoEA Superique
Superique
YaBB God
Brazil

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 09:09:00 am »
Ignore

I would run in New Hampshire or Utah Tongue

"When people want less of taxes and more of everything else, you've got a problem." Jerry Brown

"Government has become so vast and impersonal that its interests diverge more and more from the interests of ordinary citizens." George McGovern

"Don't pray for easy lives, pray to be stronger man." John F. Kennedy
IceSpear
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 05:33:44 pm »
Ignore

Does Romney have a grudge against Christie for the Sandy Obama hug?

Economic: -5.68
Social: -6.09

IDS Legislator Maxwell
mah519
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: -7.91

P

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 05:47:25 pm »
Ignore

I never got Mitt Romney.  To quote Molly Ivins, he's "weaker than bus station chili."

For once, we agree.

He'll probably endorse Paul Ryan if he runs, if not, probably Christie.

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 08:02:42 pm »
Ignore

Mitt Romney will not run in 2016.

RosettaStoned
YaBB God
Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 09:08:00 pm »
Ignore

He could beat John Kerry.
WalterMitty
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2013, 10:40:54 pm »
Ignore

for president or for senate.

either is lolz.

You can be our next waltermitty, although perhaps a slightly better-informed version, and without the fetish for really old women. 
I can cook scrambled eggs and bacon or fry a hamburger on the George Foreman, or, with assistance, fix spaghetti.
Non Swing Voter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2013, 01:48:05 am »
Ignore

No - Mitt Romney never mattered, nothing to see here.  He couldn't even impact the race for DC dog catcher if he tried.
Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2013, 10:28:16 am »
Ignore

Does Romney have a grudge against Christie for the Sandy Obama hug?

I would imagine that if he has a grudge, Sandy is only the tip of the iceberg. There is the convention, him treating NJ donors like they are his personal piggy banks that no one could touch until he decided whether or not to run and then of course all the crap with the VP vetting process.

I really don't see Romney supporting Christie.

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

RosettaStoned
YaBB God
Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2013, 12:14:52 am »
Ignore

either is lolz.

President. Some psychic predicted that Romney will beat Kerry in 2016. Lindsey Graham apparently will be Romney's running mate.

http://dailycurrant.com/2013/05/20/sylvia-browne-predicts-mitt-romney-win-in-2016/
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 12:18:41 am by RosettaStoned »Logged
ElectionsGuy
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.87, S: -7.48

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2013, 03:08:47 am »
Ignore

either is lolz.

President. Some psychic predicted that Romney will beat Kerry in 2016. Lindsey Graham apparently will be Romney's running mate.

http://dailycurrant.com/2013/05/20/sylvia-browne-predicts-mitt-romney-win-in-2016/

Browne made her bold election predictions during an appearance today on HLNís Morning Express, where she was doing damage control after facing controversy over her many failed predictions.

Phychics are frauds. There is no way Romney is running in 2016, he has said so himself.

2014 Governor Predictions
2014 Senate Prediction

Upcoming Primaries:

Indiana, North Carolina, and Ohio (5/6/14)
Nebraska and West Virginia (5/13/14)
Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Kentucky, Oregon, and Pennsylvania (5/20/14)

Upcoming Runoffs:

Texas (5/27/14)
Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2013, 07:55:58 am »
Ignore

Even Winfield does not believe in the Third Coming Sad

RosettaStoned
YaBB God
Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2013, 11:50:05 am »
Ignore

either is lolz.

Browne made her bold election predictions during an appearance today on HLNís Morning Express, where she was doing damage control after facing controversy over her many failed predictions.

Phychics are frauds. There is no way Romney is running in 2016, he has said so himself.

Yeah, I know. I just thought it was a funny article.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2013, 12:48:56 pm »
Ignore

either is lolz.

The Daily Currant is a parody website, like the Onion but with less talented writers.

Thomas Jefferson
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2013, 06:22:15 pm »
Ignore

A Romney VS Kerry race would surely bring many emotions overblown........

:p

Rest in Peace Steve Irwin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout