Uganda passes tough anti-gay laws. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:07:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Uganda passes tough anti-gay laws. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Uganda passes tough anti-gay laws.  (Read 5339 times)
afleitch
Atlas Star

« on: December 20, 2013, 03:51:19 PM »

I lay the blame at the foot of the activities of American evangelists than I do with the Ugandan people. Exporting homophobia is the Christian right's new colonialism.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 06:45:54 AM »

Don't blame savages for their own savage behavior. Instead, blame Western White people, because Black Africans can't be held responsible for their own actions.

God, the PC left are annoying.

Yeah was going to post this after reading the clown on page 1 who was blaming Americans for this.

It's really more comical than anything else because anyone with that logic cant be taken seriously at all.

That was me. Spend five ing minutes acqianting yourself before you darken my door again.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 04:37:46 PM »

Shame. The de facto colonization of African and Central American countries by American evangelicals is disgusting.

^

Cory, stop talking about parts of the world that aren't North America or Western Europe. Just stop.

You're quoting Snowstalker. And he's not wrong.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 05:34:14 PM »

Shame. The de facto colonization of African and Central American countries by American evangelicals is disgusting.

^

Cory, stop talking about parts of the world that aren't North America or Western Europe. Just stop.

You're quoting Snowstalker. And he's not wrong.

He seems to be quite aware of that.
He is agreeing with what Snowstalker said, made a line to split the message in two and said something to Cory.

I've never actually seen anyone use that line thing before. Meh; usually you just quote and continue Smiley
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 11:59:58 AM »

It's one thing to criticize conservative evangelicals for their role in lobbying for things like this. It's another to act like they are solely responsible or the only reason for it.

I don't think, Bandwagon Bill, that people are. They certainly have a very strong case to answer though, given their contacts with the legislators who have often introduced or pushed for the legislation in the respective parliaments. The Ugandan bill was not a government bill, it was a private members bill submitted by David Bahati who is a member of the American based Christian group, ‘The Family’. He first suggested the bill (which originally included the death penalty) at the 2008 Prayer Breakfast. Much of the evangelical circle jerk bullsh**t such as, let’s be honest here direct linkage of pedophilia to homosexuality has been regurgitated by American evangelical groups without any concern for the audience. What did they think would happen? The bill was also heavily promoted by Martin Ssempa, who also had links, though his promotion of abstinence based anti HIV/AIDS programmes in Uganda to Rick Warren’s church (who has since denounced him) and other groups. So American evangelical groups have pumped money, made links and promoted the same anti-gay rhetoric and then act ‘astonished’ when it leads people to propose legislation like this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies