Uganda passes tough anti-gay laws. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:34:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Uganda passes tough anti-gay laws. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Uganda passes tough anti-gay laws.  (Read 5331 times)
Link
« on: March 04, 2014, 02:39:30 PM »

In Malawi at least, the idea that American evangelicals are the major force behind the anti-gay agenda is, I think, not an easily supportable hypothesis.

How long have you lived in Malawi?  I've spent decades living or visiting various parts of subsaharan Africa and I have no recollection of ever even hearing the average man on the street say the word gay... unlike Americans who seem to talk about little else.  I can't speak for an entire continent but in the various places I have lived in, gone to school in, and visited the antigay furor was whipped up initially by Westerners.  It may be hard to believe for some members of this forum but not every country has gay bars on every corner and confused teenagers yearning to come out of the closet.  The people I knew spent more time worrying about other more basic issues... like food, shelter, and education.  Regardless of orientation they didn't sit around chatting casually in mixed company about sex.  Hard to believe but there are places in this world where people are a bit more reserved about that subject.

If western countries are so concerned about this topic they need to ban their missionaries and activists from going to subSaharan Africa to impose their culture.  I honestly find a lot of the Western reporting on this subject hysterical and delusional.

A country full of poor, breeding ignorants - indoctrinated by religious fascists who believe the bible literally.

Then a result like this comes out of it. No surprise.

(But don't get me wrong here: I'm not a racist. I just have a problem with backwards ignorant crazy people, no matter if they happen to be black, Taliban or white FPÖ/Tea Party/Evangelical-people ...)

This dovetails nicely with your "All African Americans Sound the Same" thread.  Someone from Austria going on a rant like that and calling other people "fascists."  The irony is too much.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies