Should interracial marriages be allowed?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:54:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Should interracial marriages be allowed?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
Poll
Question: Should interracial marriages be allowed?
Yes (D)

No(D)

Yes(R)

No(R)

Yes(I)

No(I)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 153

Author Topic: Should interracial marriages be allowed?  (Read 29945 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2005, 09:07:53 PM »

Generally I don't believe in it, but I don't think it should be banned. I mean, if some fat white girl wants to "marry" a thug, I don't really care.

Now, if my sister (not that she's this dumb) were to so much as go out on a date with a black guy, there would be a problem.

I believe in diversity and pluralism. Thus I support the survival of all ethnic groups, American whites and blacks and all. Some people are racist-- they want to eliminate the many ethnic groups in favor of a uniform race.

I appreciate your honesty.  These are hard issues, and definitely cross party lines.  Say your sister brings home a n.  Or, just for fun, let's say she brings home a woman!  okay, wrong thread.  Let's go back to the n.  What do you do?  I'm a uniform racist myself, but I recognize that not all are.  In fact, I've never been to china, but I'd imagine that's a spot where I could find in excess of a billion people who are hard-core racists.  It's well known that something like 98% of the chinese people are of pure Han descent.  And goddamned well proud of it.  and that measley 2% get sh**t on every day of their miserable lives.  Not just informally, but by officially-sanctioned government action.  Most of those poor bastards wouldn't even think of marrying a Han woman.  Or man.  But this ain't some third world communist country.  And we can talk openly.  Of course, you realize that and you do talk openly.  I admire that.  Lots of folks here (mostly democrats, not surprisingly, as they're closer to communism the we are) will demonize you for being so open.  I won't.  I welcome it.  So I ask.  In all seriousness.  You sister brings home a n, and what do you say to your sister (whom you love, presumably) when she meets a nice man who shares her values but who isn't white.  You gonna go and lynch the bastard?  I'm guessing you're not a murderer.  So what do you do?  Beat the bitch?  yeah, that solves the problem for about five seconds.  What do you do?  Pay some white guy money to date her?  that solves the problem for about five days.  What do you do?

See, the reason I ask is because the first time I ever introduced my sister to a black woman that I was doing she freaked.  I mean totally freaked out.  WTF??!  She thought I was nuts.  Funny, she was the one who ended up marrying that large handsome man with the groovy Alabama tube steak.  Not me.  Actually, he's a nice guy.  Of course, now they're divorced.  But I'm genuinely curious.  You don't have to explain your motives to me or anyone else.  But I'd genuinely like to know how you think you should appropriately handle such a situation.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2005, 09:11:37 PM »

Generally I don't believe in it, but I don't think it should be banned. I mean, if some fat white girl wants to "marry" a thug, I don't really care.

Now, if my sister (not that she's this dumb) were to so much as go out on a date with a black guy, there would be a problem.

One of my best friends in high school was black - very intelligent and well mannered. If you suffer from the delusion that all black people are thugs, then you live in a fantasy world.

Prejudices are what fools use for reason. – Voltaire

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The entire concept of race is racist - I try to see individuals and the qualities, both good and bad, that they possess, not skin color. Principles, character, morals, beliefs, honesty, intellect, desire for accomplishment - these are worth things to judge a person on, not something as petty as the pigment of one's skin that one has no control over.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2005, 09:15:13 PM »

Of course interracial marriages should be allowed.

I can't believe 7 people voted 'no'.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2005, 09:24:29 PM »

Of course interracial marriages should be allowed.

I can't believe 7 people voted 'no'.

Hell, I voted yes
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2005, 10:39:43 PM »

I believe in diversity and pluralism. Thus I support the survival of all ethnic groups, American whites and blacks and all. Some people are racist-- they want to eliminate the many ethnic groups in favor of a uniform race.

I appreciate your honesty.  These are hard issues, and definitely cross party lines.  Say your sister brings home a n.  Or, just for fun, let's say she brings home a woman!  okay, wrong thread.  Let's go back to the n.  What do you do?  I'm a uniform racist myself, but I recognize that not all are.  In fact, I've never been to china, but I'd imagine that's a spot where I could find in excess of a billion people who are hard-core racists.  It's well known that something like 98% of the chinese people are of pure Han descent.  And goddamned well proud of it.  and that measley 2% get sh**t on every day of their miserable lives.  Not just informally, but by officially-sanctioned government action.  Most of those poor bastards wouldn't even think of marrying a Han woman.  Or man.  But this ain't some third world communist country.  And we can talk openly.  Of course, you realize that and you do talk openly.  I admire that.  Lots of folks here (mostly democrats, not surprisingly, as they're closer to communism the we are) will demonize you for being so open.  I won't.  I welcome it.  So I ask.  In all seriousness.  You sister brings home a n, and what do you say to your sister (whom you love, presumably) when she meets a nice man who shares her values but who isn't white.  You gonna go and lynch the bastard?  I'm guessing you're not a murderer.  So what do you do?  Beat the bitch?  yeah, that solves the problem for about five seconds.  What do you do?  Pay some white guy money to date her?  that solves the problem for about five days.  What do you do?

See, the reason I ask is because the first time I ever introduced my sister to a black woman that I was doing she freaked.  I mean totally freaked out.  WTF??!  She thought I was nuts.  Funny, she was the one who ended up marrying that large handsome man with the groovy Alabama tube steak.  Not me.  Actually, he's a nice guy.  Of course, now they're divorced.  But I'm genuinely curious.  You don't have to explain your motives to me or anyone else.  But I'd genuinely like to know how you think you should appropriately handle such a situation.

One thing I hate is that when a person is dating somebody unsuitable, who happens to be of a different race, people seem to focus on the race rather than the real issue.

I am fully aware of the trend of trashy white girls dating black thugs as a way to make a negative statement, piss off their parents, etc.

If a person is a thug, that is the problem, not his skin color.  I've seen so many cases in which a girl is dating an unemployed loser with a criminal record and kids from other relationships that he doesn't act as a father to, and he happens to be black, and all the relatives focus on is that he is black.  Would a person like that be OK if he were white?  I would hope not.

Then sometimes, there are perfectly good people who are rejected because of their race.  That is even worse.

I do think it's good for people to be honest about this, because honesty is the first step toward maybe solving this ridiculous problem.  But we need to move beyond this obsession with racial classifications.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2005, 10:44:06 PM »

Wow. And I thought you were nuts before.

You have to realize he said the "white n' comment improved his opinion of Byrd. That Goldie is a racist was never a secret.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2005, 11:06:21 PM »

I voted YES!  OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2005, 11:28:06 PM »
« Edited: March 14, 2005, 11:30:43 PM by AuH2O »

I'm glad you like my honesty. The truth is, if you study interracial marriages, what you find is that a lot of people are all in favor-- until their son or daughter is involved. What you will also find is that blacks are generally less in favor of interracial marriage than whites (this is a fact, by the way, not my opinion-- feel free to study the literature). Some sociologists claim blacks are more likely to overcome their initial misgivings, but I am not sure that has been adequately studied.

Now, there are other races than black and white. But certainly that is where most of the controversy is. Note that I never said I would actually STOP interracial marriages, I just said I didn't personally support them. The reason is actually philosophical, and not a very simple concept (though many posters do appear to enjoy simplicity, even when it comes at the price of reality). My views are probably most closely related to George Santayana, the great American 20th century philosopher (though he was born in Spain and moved here as a child).

Quite possible I am also influenced by my practical views of marriage-- I don't buy the idea everyone has "one" person out there or whatever nonsense like that. Half of marriages end in divorce. Interracial marriages are even more likely to. Now, I should make an important clarification: I am not really opposed to interracial marriage, it is interracial reproduction that I disagree with.  They are more likely to produce children conflicted by their split heritage. I find neither of those particularly desireable. The reality is this: race exists. Period. Anyone that disagrees is either a fool or is delusional.

Once you accept race exists, like a rational being, you recognize that race IS part of who someone is. This is different from a stereotype-- race has real cultural implications that exist regardless of biological differences (though those exist as well). The frequency with which race is discussed proves this ON FACE-- there is no debate or question, because it is plainly visible in every medium thousands of times per day.

So far as my sister, this isn't an issue, so it was merely hypothetical. Very few upper middle class (or middle, or upper) white females will actually date a black guy, though of course if asked they would respond otherwise. Though one time a football player with an IQ of about 75 said some nice things to her in school and called a couple times... I wouldn't have liked him regardless of race. I assume your question was, in the case she liked a black guy that was intelligent, from a good family, etc. (since I dislike white guys if they don't meet those qualifications).

In that case, I would still oppose it, but certainly not with violence. I would just have nothing to do with her or her boyfriend/husband. That's a personal decision, after all. If someone is too stupid to realize the value of Western civilization, oh well, but the majority of people in that category are white trash to begin with, or ideologically driven. So in the end, I'm not particularly concerned about the overall issue... only in the case of a sibling or son/daughter would it bother me.

Consider though, when a white and black person have a child, the child is treated as black. By white and black people, by the government, everyone. Tiger Woods is what, 25% black? I think that says it all. If people really bought equality, like all these people say they do, that wouldn't be so. But 90% of the people that say they buy equality are liars. A lot of the black people that say it are liars. Because at dinner they still talk about how LIGHT skinned their daughter's (black) boyfriend is.

They hold up whiteness as a virtue but then denounce people that would tell a white person to have white kids. They're hypocrites. I just tell it like it is.

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2005, 11:35:33 PM »

Didn't you say once you would like to  a Filipina chick because lots of them are hot?

That's another main reason for it, all those hot Filipinas and Latinas.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2005, 11:57:05 PM »

Didn't you say once you would like to f**ck a Filipina chick because lots of them are hot?

I didn't say anything bad about doing them, did I? That's different from marrying one and having kids.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2005, 12:28:28 AM »

AuH2O, good points all.  Indeed, blacks I know are far less accepting than whites of interracial marriage, and asians even less so.  And, in fact, generally, only anglophone (US, English, Canadian, and, to a little extent, even Australians) are really accepting of this.  In most "white" societies, and others, this is taboo.  (some exceptions, of course, exist.  for example, Mexicans are generally far far more accepting of interracial arrangements even than anglophone whites, but I digress.)  I think most informed posters will know these things.  No need to elaborate.  I come from the position of white trash.  I often post that none of my grandparents were born in this great country, and that only one of the four of them could really speak english very well, and that I am, in that sense, a second-generation American born of poor parents.  Real white trash.  I do not consider the term insulting, and in fact, hold up the fact that my grandfather was able to send his children to college and out into the world with a real shot at a better life than they, as part of the reason that "I love America" as we discussed in another thread.  (why you'd consider "white trash" more likely to intermarry is an entirely different matter.  I imagine you or any person of proud rich slaveholding, anglosaxon ancestry is no less likely to think outside the box, but that's not really where you're going with this anyway, since you seem to be defending the 600+ years of presumed racial, religious, and moral superiority of Europeans over the rest of the world that has led to so much suffering in Africa, Asia, and the Americas.  That discussion is far beyond the scope of this thread, so we'll leave it to another.) 

Indeed race exists.  Even a high-school dropout should have a recollection of studying this concept in school.   Well, in fact they might not have, given our prediliction for political correctness, but if we weren't so predisposed to try to tell some sanitized version of history we'd teach racism in school.  So let me inform you and other posters that Charles Darwin identified five races of men.  Of course, those aren't exactly the five races we identify today, but nevertheless, the fact that Darwin identified five is intriguing.  The basic groups may have shifted, but we still know five:  The caucasoid, the negroid, the mongoloid, the australoid, and the native peoples of the americas.  All others are, no doubt, combinations of those.  (combinations, eh?)  But what Darwin and others also noted is that populations which were isolated genetically are more disposed toward disease and elimination.  Clearly there is some severe biological disadvantage of sticking only within one's own genetic group.  In extreme cases (e.g., European Royal circles) the groups become so small that birth defects and mental retardation are common.  The greater the genetic diversity, the greater the odds that the offspring will inherit resistance to disease and intellectually enhancing traits.  This has been widely studied as well.

One minor point is your assessment of the progeny of interracial coupling.  In fact, my son is Asian.  He is, more specifically Asian-American.  He did not choose to be, but it is the custom of the hospitals in the USA to call it after the mother.  He looks white, in fact.  All his relatives in China complain about that, and the locals all comment that he looks like his father and act, but try to hide the fact that they are, somewhat surprised.  Actually, I am a bit surprised as well.  But that's another issue.  Technically the boy is Asian, by race.  USA by citizenship.  As for Tiger Woods, he is not black.  He has said on interview after interview, both in print and on televised media that he is not black.  I realize this is a great source of consternation to those blacks that would like to claim him, but he is not.  He may look black, but, according to himself, he is not.  That's good enough for me.  If he chooses to call himself black.  That's good enough for me as well.  I really don't care either way.  I'm just informing you that, by his own admission, he is not black. 

As for the implication (I know you didn't actually say it, so I will) that blacks have lower IQs than whites.  It's a fact.  But then consider the fact that most Stanford-Benet IQ tests are made out by White Anglo-Saxon Protestants from New England and definitely show an ethnocentric bias.  I guarantee you if they were made out by Kenyans they would show an equally prominent ethnocentric bias.  In fact, the further you get from being a New England WASP, the lower your IQ will be.  This is an objective fact.  And it is a source of frustration among educators who are either non-white, not from new england, or not from the USA.  Now, of course you'll point out that female IQ scores have risen.  Sure they have, as more and more females have been included on the committees that prepare these tests, reflecting the feminine nature of the newer questions.  (yes, there is a true gender difference as well, but then I'm sure I don't need to tell you this.)  You'll also point out that in recent years some asian populations have scored higher than some european populations.  This also may be accounted for by considering the fact that those asian populations which form the sample are not cross-sections of the general asian populations, but rather a selected section.  The fact remains, WASPs from New England have higher IQs.  You don't want your sister to date a guy with a low IQ?  Make sure she dates Ted Kaczinski.  There's a guy with an Ivy League education and a very high IQ.  I'm sure your parents and you would be very proud to have him at the dinner table instead of some inferior bum like Barak Obama. 

The reason I'm informing you of all these things is not so much that you are generally misinformed, but that you are so selectively informed.  That, and I'm still curious.  White-collar whitetrash like me intermarry all the time.  I imagine its a bit less likely among blue-collar whitetrash, but I do not imagine its any more or less likely among the more "established" groups of white americans, like yourself.  But whether or not your demographic group of white folk are more or less likely to intermarry really needn't make you defensive.  No one here but you has used the phrase "holding up whiteness as a virtue"  This isn't about virtue.  This is about cultural differences, as dazzleman points out.  You simply recognize that you are unable to cope with such cultural differences.  This makes you no better nor worse than others.  But you really shouldn't assume your siblings share your weaknesses.  Even in inbred populations, a sane specimen occasionally appears.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2005, 01:12:44 AM »

Wow. And I thought you were nuts before.

You have to realize he said the "white n' comment improved his opinion of Byrd. That Goldie is a racist was never a secret.

Indeed, some people are racist. One of those people is you.

I think you are overreacting to his example. You just have personal problems with him and the easy way to discredit him is to label him "racist". Now I agree, he doesn't always use the best examples to make his point but I really think you are misunderstanding his points.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2005, 01:16:56 AM »

um yeah, he's not racist.

Btw, if anyone thought it odd I gave Byrd a 2 and not a 1, his 'white n' comments a couple years ago alone were enough for the extra point.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2005, 01:19:24 AM »

Actually I'm quite a mut-- a little less than 50% Jewish, then 25% German, the rest split between Irish and Spanish (touch of Romanian and Scandinavian). Not very "inbred" and I have no Southern ancestors that I'm aware of (and based on my family history it's almost impossible I have any at all, since my dad's side didn't arrive until the early 20th century and my mom's side was pretty much all from NJ/PA going back to ~1850). Make no mistake, it was an issue when my parents were dating... most Jewish parents want their children to marry a Jew, though the degree to which they enforce that is varied.

Poorer whites are more likely to be drawn into what is culturally associated with blackness... from music to clothing, on down the line. Consequently most interracial marriage results from poor whites rejecting "white" culture by marrying a black person (most commonly a white female and black male). So class divisions factor in as well as racial divisions.

So far as the science of race, since Darwin it has been reduced to three races (Caucasoid, Mongoloid, and Negroid) in terms of understanding genetic heritage. Those three subraces of homo sapiens have been differentiated for a very, very long time-- dating back to the origin of all three in Africa hundreds of thousands of years ago. There is no real inbreeding problem except in extremely small groups; some diseases are common to Jews, for instance, but at one point the Jewish population was extremely small (say, 4000 years ago) and Jews haven't tended to interbreed heavily, which is why they still exist.

There is no genetic benefit to racial mixing-- for whites at least. Blacks are actually less intelligent on average because of microevolutionary developments dating back to their defeat of Caucasoids and Mongoloids, resulting in those groups leaving Africa (the archaelogical evidence is there, and I see no other explanation for them leaving). Because of harsh conditions found to the north and east, not to mention preexisting variation that probably favored the latter two intellectually and the former physically, whites and asians are, on average, more intelligent than blacks.

Culture is obviously not a determining factor because asians with no knowledge of english score quite well. Environmental factors do exist in Africa but not with regard to blacks in the US, who also have substantial European genetic admixture (as high as ~25% average). Yet they score substantially lower than whites and asians. Empirically, this is evident as well... Africa has never been the source of innovation or any kind of real development or civilization, except as imposed by Europeans. It was Europeans and Asians that developed civilization in a meaningful sense. That process was simply too long and involved to be the result of 'luck.'

Returning to the characteristics of intermarrying whites, there are a variety of factors, including the presence of non-whites (if you're in Vermont there aren't very many blacks or asians). On a more basic level, many white women just aren't attracted to non-white men. In fact, people tend to be attracted to people that look like them... that's scientific fact and we can discuss the research on that topic if you wish. The only significant "balancing" tendency researchers have found is the tendency for short women to like tall men.

The fact white men rarely marry black women seems to vindicate this. If, indeed, there was a biological neutrality (or tendency!!!) towards other races, it would be reflected equally. In reality, there is a biological favoritism towards people of similar charateristics that is easily understood in evolutionary terms (knowing who is friend and who is foe). Humans are ultimately tribal in nature, however that tribe is structured.

Interracial marriage is thus a product of ideological and social pressures, not biology. This is also supported by the literature and empirical evidence. Were race never to be discussed in society, interracial marriage would remain a small minority of unions. Thus it is interracial marriage that is socially constructed, not vice-versa. Affluent people are less likely to be unduly influenced by that, hence they are less like to participate in interracial unions.

Actually I'm more sympathic to homosexual unions than interracial ones, because the former is at least based in biology (even if abnormal biology) whereas the latter is based on communist assumptions about how people should choose mates. There is, quite simply, no utility to interracial marriage, which incurs a loss of cultural identity. It can be argued that the US has no such thing anyway, but I don't buy it (for the aforementioned distinctions between racial cultures in the US).

Interracial marriage is, then, driven on a base level by self-hate. Normal people look for similarity in a mate (even if possessing "opposite" personalities-- that is a completely different issue). While some societies are racial mixtures-- India for one-- none are particularly successful. The most successful- the major European states, China, Japan, etc., are mostly homogeneous. The issue is not skin color, which just happens to be a visual indication of much more substantial racial differences.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2005, 01:20:19 AM »

um yeah, he's not racist.

Btw, if anyone thought it odd I gave Byrd a 2 and not a 1, his 'white n' comments a couple years ago alone were enough for the extra point.

Your sense of humor is lacking.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2005, 04:17:25 AM »

Perfectly fine with it, but would not date an African American personally.  I would not care if my daughter, son, or even sister dated a black person.  Exact opposite of Strom Thurmond. Tongue
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2005, 06:37:22 AM »

Didn't you say once you would like to f**ck a Filipina chick because lots of them are hot?

I didn't say anything bad about doing them, did I? That's different from marrying one and having kids.

Every time you make a deposit, an offspring can result - marriage has nothing to do with it.  You're a rather hypocritical racist.  Is that worse or better than a non-hypocrite racist?

Speaking along these same lines, is it then acceptable in your view that your lily-white sister experiment with some better-hung races as long she settles down with a white husband in the end?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2005, 10:09:37 AM »

No one denies Darwin is a racist.

"It is impossible to see a negro and not feel kindly toward him; such cheerful, open honest expressions and such fine muscular bodies"

This is a racist statement.  Much has been written on Darwin's racism.  As discussed in another thread, the word racism was long used in scholarly works, usually in a positive or neutral context.  Only more recently has it become a pop-culture term, and almost always negative.  Also, it is a point of argument, I suppose, about darwin's subdivisions.  For example, at one time put "indians" with the east asians, and at other times didn't.  etc.  But my point was he was clearly onto something, and probably recognized what would later be established in the Out of Africa theory now promulgated in schools.  Clearly you recognize this and it so no other discussion is necessary on this point.

I think there's some confusion here between what you call "blackness" and the African peoples.  I also note that it seems to be the African, mostly, to which you most strenuously object.  Moreover, it seems not quite to be the African, but the black american, who offends you the most.  They are very different; you must recognize this.  I can tell you I have taught a number of Kenyan and Nigerian students in my classes, and almost without exception they preferentially associate with whites and asians, and bristle at the thought of being lumped in with the descendants of slaves.  In fact, the Africans I've met are generally capable of the most bigoted toward black americans.  This of course, isn't racism, but merely classism.  But I've said repeatedly that racism isn't among the greatest ills of our society any longer.  Geopolitical bigotry is a far worse problem, for example, and is exacerbated by the nightly tirades and that "redstate/bluestate" garbage.  I think you were perhaps reading something else other than what I typed.  But then I was doing the same.  How presumptuous of me.  From here on, I will only respond to what you actually type, not what I read into your posts. 

Let's examine self-hate.  All white men who marry non-white women are driven by self-hate?  Same for non-white men, non-white women, and white women?  If you really believe this, then it is easy to understand why you'd object to members of your family intermarrying.  And also, if you really believe this, I'm not sure I can offer any more analysis to you, other than to say that I'm no communist.  And neither is my spouse.  She knows communism far better than you, and than I, and we discuss communism often.  I can assure you neither of us are communists.  I can also assure you she is not filled with hatred of the Han peoples, and that I am not filled with hatred toward whitetrash of any socioeconomic class.  In fact, as I said before, I hold it up like a badge of honor that I am whitetrash.  Apparently so do you.  Your first sentence in your last response to me made clear you were not of English descent, and, moreover, of that group of whitefolk, the Jews, which, like catholics and other other ethnoreligious minorities, were forbidden admission to Harvard for the first 300 years of its existence.  Clearly you and I are both whitetrash and proud of it.  Let's embrace that.  I embrace that.  Don't you?  Perhaps our differences lie in the fact that I don't think it's necessary to learn only the languages of my forefathers.  I'm perfectly comfortable with English as my native language, rather than the languages of my grandparents.  But that does not imply that I hate them or their cultures.  I offer only myself and my spouse as a counterexample to your argument that those who marry outside their races are filled with hatred of their own people.  This simply isn't the case.  You see, love is not a conservative quantity (nor additive, nor elastic).  It's not a finitely distributed thing, which requires displacement from one group when given to another.  That's the first thing you need to realize before you can call yourself a grown-up.
senatortombstone
Rookie

« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2005, 11:08:52 AM »

One of my best friends in high school was black - very intelligent and well mannered. If you suffer from the delusion that all black people are thugs, then you live in a fantasy world.

Prejudices are what fools use for reason. – Voltaire

The entire concept of race is racist - I try to see individuals and the qualities, both good and bad, that they possess, not skin color. Principles, character, morals, beliefs, honesty, intellect, desire for accomplishment - these are worth things to judge a person on, not something as petty as the pigment of one's skin that one has no control over.

People can marry whomever they please as llong as they have oppposite seual organs.

But why are you quoting a quote of voltaire's that condemns prejudice?  He was one of the most unenlightened, anti-Christian bigots of all.  Free-thinker my ass, all he is thinking about right now is how to fanangle himself soem icewater.

Nietzsche auch, war ein Dumbkopf, "syphillitic psycho," Der hätte "Der Wille zum Penezillin" anstatt Zur Macht sollen schreiben!
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2005, 11:35:49 AM »

I'm not sure I can explain angus' fixation on "white trash," I certainly don't consider myself such. I never said you were either, merely that white-black marriages are usually between lower-class people (thus the 'white trash' description). White-asian relationships are not characterized in that way, in fact, probably the opposite. I consider the latter to be much more tolerable than the former.

Thus, your case is not really the kind I'm addressing. It's still societally counterproductive but does not involve self-hate to any great degree.

Speaking of which, it's possible you misunderstand what I mean by "self-hate." It's not a concious feeling usually, though it is manifested in visible ways. Rather than favoring likeness, as is biologically normal, some people, due to low self-esteem, actually seek out unlikeness and public humiliation.

These people are not politically motivated. HOWEVER, the media and government ARE politically motivated to encourage interracial marriage. There are a number of reasons, but clearly communism can be understood fundamentally as anti-civilizational. Those who originate civilization-- code named "capitalists" and "imperialists" by communists-- are the targets of their wrath.

Leftists in the US so strongly have supported racial destruction on the basis of Jewish influence. This is fairly obvious: being a small minority can leave a group vulnerable, so Jews are smart enough to know that destroying white conciousness (the majority) is a means of self-defense. Jews themselves usually marry other Jews, though obviously I'm the result of an exception. In any case, the same leftists that demand whites marry blacks tell their own kids to marry people of the same ethnicity.

This hypocrisy is amazingly obvious, but many people are so blind, and so stupid, that they are ignorant of reality.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2005, 12:07:41 PM »

I'm not sure I can explain angus' fixation on "white trash," I certainly don't consider myself such. I never said you were either, merely that white-black marriages are usually between lower-class people (thus the 'white trash' description). White-asian relationships are not characterized in that way, in fact, probably the opposite. I consider the latter to be much more tolerable than the former.

I think the main point made by the use of 'white trash' is that in our heirarchical, economically oppressive society, most whites occupy virtually the same position as blacks do - working class.  Only a tiny minority of whites are the ruling class.

As for white-asian being less offensive to you than white-black, why do you think that is?  Is it because asian males threaten your sexual insecurities less?  By the way, you never responded about your sister - is it OK if she merely dabbles with the black snake for fun, as long as she does't settle down, marry, and reproduce with one?  Or do you have a double standard for genders as well as races?

So, favoring likeness is most normal?  That would make homosexuality the norm.  Also, it would suggest that ugly and fat people would prefer their fellow undesirables.  As we all know, everyone finds the same top few percent of the sexual heirarchy attractive, and race or one's own appearance has nothing to do with it.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2005, 12:10:24 PM »

You're deranged, not to mention a pervert. Don't actually expect me to respond to your spittle.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2005, 12:17:15 PM »

You're deranged, not to mention a pervert. Don't actually expect me to respond to your spittle.

What do you mean by 'pervert'?  Someone who finds persons of another race attractive? 

I didn't mean to defame your lily-white sister, only to inquire as to whether your implied acquiescence to merely recreational sex with the 'mud-peoples' meant that she could avail herself of something a bit beefier than standard Master Race endowment?  Just for fun.  As long as she used birth control and married a cracker afterwards.  She could always do Kegels..

angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2005, 12:19:37 PM »

I'm not sure I can explain angus' fixation on "white trash,"

1.  you started the use of that phrase in this thread, not I.

2.  I really don't mind, even if you did.  it's certainly nothing to be ashamed of if you're not a the descendant of a rich, white anglo-saxon protestant.

3.  opebo uses the term differently than do I, obviously.  I use it the exact same way Bill Murray in "Stripes" used the term, and I always have.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2005, 12:21:14 PM »

What, you think that's going to get a rise out of me? lol please

Just because you hate white people doesn't mean everyone else has to. Just because you like 12 year olds doesn't mean everyone else has to either.

And the way you talk about black men, it appears you are rather interested in them. I hope so-- that's a good way to get AIDS, and goodness knows the world would be better off without you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies