Senator Menendez (D-Israel)' Sanctions bill could threaten Iran Negotiations.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:32:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Senator Menendez (D-Israel)' Sanctions bill could threaten Iran Negotiations.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Senator Menendez (D-Israel)' Sanctions bill could threaten Iran Negotiations.  (Read 1171 times)
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2013, 02:13:42 PM »

Iran has treated this "agreement" like a joke from the start. It's pretty clear that this is just a way for Obama to ease up the pressure in stages because he doesn't have a real plan to stop Iran from getting nukes and isn't about to get the US into a conflict with them.

This is his own party standing up and saying that no, this isn't acceptable.

Because, god forbid, not getting into a conflict with Iran would be a travesty.

I don't want a conflict with Iran, but it's preferable to a total surrender, which is the likely outcome of this deal. Iran gives nothing, and the US gets cover to disengage.

So I have a question, since you seem to be convinced that Iran will get nuclear weapons. Why haven't they gotten them already? There's been fear of Iranian nuclear weapons since the early 90s, and bombs don't take that long to make, even with sabotage from various groups. So if they're really making nuclear weapons and not simply using nuclear energy, why haven't they gotten the bomb yet?

They didn't put the program into full production until the regime of the genocidal Mahmoud Ahmedinajad, and the US and Israel have been working to sabotage them ever since with cyber attacks and sanctions.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2013, 02:17:00 PM »

Yes, Menendez is terrible.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2013, 06:37:17 PM »
« Edited: December 29, 2013, 06:39:45 PM by Zioneer »

Iran has treated this "agreement" like a joke from the start. It's pretty clear that this is just a way for Obama to ease up the pressure in stages because he doesn't have a real plan to stop Iran from getting nukes and isn't about to get the US into a conflict with them.

This is his own party standing up and saying that no, this isn't acceptable.

Because, god forbid, not getting into a conflict with Iran would be a travesty.

I don't want a conflict with Iran, but it's preferable to a total surrender, which is the likely outcome of this deal. Iran gives nothing, and the US gets cover to disengage.

So I have a question, since you seem to be convinced that Iran will get nuclear weapons. Why haven't they gotten them already? There's been fear of Iranian nuclear weapons since the early 90s, and bombs don't take that long to make, even with sabotage from various groups. So if they're really making nuclear weapons and not simply using nuclear energy, why haven't they gotten the bomb yet?

They didn't put the program into full production until the regime of the genocidal Mahmoud Ahmedinajad, and the US and Israel have been working to sabotage them ever since with cyber attacks and sanctions.

Are you sure? Because I'm pretty sure pundits in the 90s were making the same claim; that Iran was seriously developing and would get nuclear weapons any day now.

EDIT: Also, I've heard that Saudi Arabia was looking at buying one of Pakistan's nukes; shouldn't that be a larger problem than Iran? I see Iran as a more rational player than Saudi Arabia, considering that the Saudis fund irrational extremist groups by the boatload, while Iran has the Syrian government and Hezbollah and that's about it.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies