Bristol Palin is at it again: calls gay community 'hypocritical.'
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:30:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bristol Palin is at it again: calls gay community 'hypocritical.'
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Bristol Palin is at it again: calls gay community 'hypocritical.'  (Read 2929 times)
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 23, 2013, 09:02:41 PM »

Article: http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1556893#bmb=1
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 11:21:19 PM »

'irrelevant'
Marnetmar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -8.24

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 11:37:20 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I don't even have a response for this.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 11:52:29 AM »

Stupid spawns stupid.

Conservatives think free speech equals that it's illegal to disagree with them or even voice disapproval with their opinions.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 12:01:21 PM »

I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 12:02:41 PM »

Nice to see that she got her mom's brains.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 12:13:46 PM »

Nice to see that she got her mom's brains.

I think she might have better brains. She uses complicated words like "hypocritical".
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2013, 12:43:39 PM »

Excellent and true. Not just with free speech but on many other issues.

Support partial birth abortion ..... but not the death penalty. HYPOCRITICAL
Don't judge Muslims because of a few crazies.....but go ahead and judge all gun owners because of a few crazies. HYPOCRITICAL
Cut taxes for people....oh but not those people. HYPOCRITICAL.

The lists go on and on and on. This the ABSOLUTE reason I have never cast my ballot for a Democrat. I honestly don't trust them and find them hypocritical. That trumps all the problems with the GOP, in my opinion.
Marnetmar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -8.24

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2013, 02:35:59 PM »

So you're gonna play that game again...

Support the death penalty...but not abortion. HYPOCRITICAL
Don't judge all gun owners because of a few crazies.....but go ahead and judge all muslims because of a few crazies. HYPOCRITICAL
Cut taxes for those people...but not low-income families who actually need a ing tax break. HYPOCRITICAL.

See? I can do it too and my argument is just as invalid as yours.

And for the record I don't support partial birth abortion. I don't think the majority of democrats here do.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2013, 02:48:06 PM »

Stupid spawns stupid.

Conservatives think free speech equals that it's illegal to disagree with them or even voice disapproval with their opinions.

More precisely, scatterbrained.

Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2013, 02:59:04 PM »

Hmmmm, this is a bit rich coming from her. Can anyone else think of something she did that might be considered "hypocritical" considering her beliefs and all?
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2013, 04:41:14 PM »

Excellent and true. Not just with free speech but on many other issues.

Support partial birth abortion ..... but not the death penalty. HYPOCRITICAL
Don't judge Muslims because of a few crazies.....but go ahead and judge all gun owners because of a few crazies. HYPOCRITICAL
Cut taxes for people....oh but not those people. HYPOCRITICAL.

The lists go on and on and on. This the ABSOLUTE reason I have never cast my ballot for a Democrat. I honestly don't trust them and find them hypocritical. That trumps all the problems with the GOP, in my opinion.
Supporting gun control is not judging gun owners. It's preventing crime. Repeating Marnetmar's point, the reverse point is just as hypocritical. And 80% of America supports a late-term abortion ban. By "those people," do you mean the rich?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2013, 05:16:15 PM »

Don't judge all gun owners because of a few crazies.....but go ahead and judge all muslims because of a few crazies. HYPOCRITICAL
Cut taxes for those people...but not low-income families who actually need a ing tax break. HYPOCRITICAL.

And for the record I don't support partial birth abortion. I don't think the majority of democrats here do.

Don't bother arguing with Nasobot. All he will do is spew his nonsense and wont come back to defend himself.

Anyways, I wonder what Bristol thought about Martin Bashir's firing? 
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2013, 05:17:52 PM »

I'd be more interested in Honey Boo Boo's opinion. Seriously.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2013, 06:59:33 PM »

I actually get what she is trying to say, unfortunately it's expressed horrendously.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2013, 08:40:35 PM »

Please don't feed the dumb*ss
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2013, 09:51:47 PM »

Hmmmm, this is a bit rich coming from her. Can anyone else think of something she did that might be considered "hypocritical" considering her beliefs and all?

2008 Republican National Convention, surely full of right-wing evangelical types who disapprove of pregnancy before marriage. It is one thing that she allowed her pregnant, unmarried daughter Bristol to appear. The pregnant daughter's unmarried boyfriend Levi Johnston also appeared and was treated as if he had done something wonderful.

As a liberal I was shocked! Not that someone gets pregnant before marriage -- but in the supposedly-refined environment of a party convention? A Democrat would get pilloried for that in the right-wing media.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2013, 10:51:50 PM »

This girl's like the new Anita Bryant.  Everything that's come out of her mouth since she became famous has been antigay.
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2013, 02:07:59 AM »

Its actually pretty true just ask the CEO of Chick Fil A, or Jim West. When you call some a pedophile for disagreeing with you you're going overboard. But anyway im curious it even matters what Bristol thinks. Or was this just a chance to take a cheap shot at someone you don't like ala David Wong?
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2013, 05:30:22 AM »

Standing up for freedom while lambasting intolerance is a lot of things but it's not hypocritical.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2013, 09:59:43 AM »

Its actually pretty true just ask the CEO of Chick Fil A, or Jim West. When you call some a pedophile for disagreeing with you you're going overboard. But anyway im curious it even matters what Bristol thinks. Or was this just a chance to take a cheap shot at someone you don't like ala David Wong?

Jim West?  I don't recall Jim West being accused of being a pedophile for opposing gay rights.  I'm sure some people took extra glee in the accusations against him, because he was a closeted gay dude who pretended to be straight while opposing LGBT rights.   But you're not suggesting that schadenfreude is unique to the gays, or a special part of the gay community, or something?

I'm not sure that Bristol's claim -- that it's hypocritical to treat someone poorly for treating others poorly -- is even accurate.  It's like claiming it's hypocritical to punish someone (by jailing them, for instance) because they harmed someone else.

(I don't know who David Wong is, so I might miss the point.)
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2013, 11:22:30 AM »

Jim West?  I don't recall Jim West being accused of being a pedophile for opposing gay rights.  I'm sure some people took extra glee in the accusations against him, because he was a closeted gay dude who pretended to be straight while opposing LGBT rights.   But you're not suggesting that schadenfreude is unique to the gays, or a special part of the gay community, or something?

I'm not sure that Bristol's claim -- that it's hypocritical to treat someone poorly for treating others poorly -- is even accurate.  It's like claiming it's hypocritical to punish someone (by jailing them, for instance) because they harmed someone else.

No Mayor West admitted he was gay on his own. The spokesman review had no idea that he was. They accused him of being a pedophile with no evidence. Not only is that dishonest, they should have been charged with libel. And Davin Wong is a really liberal Cracked author who vicously insults anybody who disagrees with him.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2013, 11:29:56 AM »

The more that we accept homosexuality, the less fear we will have of being 'outed' -- factually or in malign error. I have been gay-bashed, and the problem that I saw was not so much that someone mistakenly thought that I was gay as that someone could believe that homosexuality is a valid excuse for doing harsh things to people. The danger is that people see gays and lesbians as fair game for violence.

Homophobia is in the same vile league with racism and religious bigotry -- degrading at best and dangerous at its worst.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2013, 03:35:59 PM »

I'm sure she agrees with this
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2013, 07:13:51 PM »

No Mayor West admitted he was gay on his own. The spokesman review had no idea that he was. They accused him of being a pedophile with no evidence. Not only is that dishonest, they should have been charged with libel. And Davin Wong is a really liberal Cracked author who vicously insults anybody who disagrees with him.

Right, the Spokesman-Review may have kind of botched the West coverage, but did they call Jim West a pedophile for disagreeing with them on gay rights?  Even if they did, which seems doubtful, how does that make Bristol's claim about the "LGBT community" valid?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies