SWEDEN - September 14, 2014 - GUIDE and THREAD
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:41:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  SWEDEN - September 14, 2014 - GUIDE and THREAD
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 29
Author Topic: SWEDEN - September 14, 2014 - GUIDE and THREAD  (Read 97165 times)
The Lord Marbury
EvilSpaceAlien
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -5.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2014, 06:30:40 PM »

Prognostication: V will surpass MP in 2018 if such a government happens.

Definitely, and I think that S might even be in the risk of reaching yet another record low should that transpire. If a Löfven led S+MP minority ends up being unpopular there's no bigger problem for S than an opposition Left Party free to attack them from the left at the same time as they're being hounded by the right. Just look at 1998 for an example.

Also the people who compare today's polling with that of 2009 should keep in mind that the Social Democrats have a far better situation now than they did back then. In '09 Reinfeldt held a big lead over Sahlin in voter confidence while now it's basically just a tie between him and Löfven, and the voters also preferred the Moderates policies over S as well. Now Social Democrats has the lead in jobs where 35% prefer their policies to the Moderates at 23%, while in education they've got 32% compared to 17% for the Liberals. The support they get in education is especially spectacular considering that it was one of their weakest links in the 2006 election and in their post-election analysis after '06 they actually deemed that they would not be able to win the issue.
FredLindq
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2014, 03:04:06 AM »

The Left (communist) leader has said that he will NOT support a guvernment that is party is not a part off.
The Lord Marbury
EvilSpaceAlien
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2014, 03:29:35 AM »

The Left (communist) leader has said that he will NOT support a guvernment that is party is not a part off.

The Left (not actually communist Wink) leader actually said he will not actively support a government in the same way that the party did with long term agreements between 98 and 06, but rather S and MP would have to negotiate with the party on a case to case basis. However he hasn't said that he would vote down Löfven as PM leading a S+MP minority.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2014, 06:04:33 AM »

LOL
FredLindq
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2014, 06:19:00 AM »

Vänsterpartiet är partiet för den som vill ha en rödgrön regering och slippa borgerliga partier i regering. Det står klart efter Socialdemokraternas besked i regeringsfrågan.

- Idag är vi det enda partiet som står upp för en rödgrön regering utan borgerliga ministrar som Jan Björklund eller Annie Lööf. Vi är trötta på de borgerliga partierna och vill inte ha kvar något av dem i regering. Det tror jag vi delar med många väljare. Vårt mål är att ingå i en rödgrön regering med vänsterpartistiska ministrar, säger Jonas Sjöstedt.

Kan Vänsterpartiet tänka sig att regera med C och FP?

- Nej, vi vill inte ha borgerliga partier i regeringen. Vi vill ha Stefan Löfven som statsminister, men inte i sällskap med Lööf och Björklund.

Vad blir skillnaden om S och MP regerar med borgerliga partier istället för med V?

- Skillnaden är enorm. Vi är garanten för att vinstintresset försvinner från välfärden och vi skulle stärka arbetsrätten, det är inte möjligt att göra med borgerliga partier. Och jag har svårt att se hur ett samarbete med Jan Björklund skulle kunna ge någon klimatpolitik värd namnet. Det är ett mycket bekymmersamt scenario.

The Left Party is the party you want to have a red-green government and avoid bourgeois parties in government. It was clear from the Social Democrats slips in government issue.

- Today, we are the only party that stands up for a red-green government without bourgeois ministers Jan Björklund or Annie Loof . We are tired of the bourgeois parties and do not want to keep any of them in government. I think that we share with many voters. Our goal is to be part of a red-green government of leftist cal ministers, says Jonas Sjöstedt .

Can the Left willing to govern with the C and FP ?

- No, we do not want the bourgeois parties in the government. We want Stefan Löfven as prime minister, but not in the company of Loof and Björklund.

What is the difference of S and MP reigns with bourgeois parties instead of V ?

- The difference is huge. We guarantee that the profit motive will disappear from welfare and we would strengthen labor law , it is not possible to do with bourgeois parties. And I find it hard to see how a collaboration with Jan Björklund could give any climate policy worthy of the name. It's a very troubling scenario.
The Lord Marbury
EvilSpaceAlien
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2014, 06:52:09 AM »

Vänsterpartiet är partiet för den som vill ha en rödgrön regering och slippa borgerliga partier i regering. Det står klart efter Socialdemokraternas besked i regeringsfrågan.

- Idag är vi det enda partiet som står upp för en rödgrön regering utan borgerliga ministrar som Jan Björklund eller Annie Lööf. Vi är trötta på de borgerliga partierna och vill inte ha kvar något av dem i regering. Det tror jag vi delar med många väljare. Vårt mål är att ingå i en rödgrön regering med vänsterpartistiska ministrar, säger Jonas Sjöstedt.

Kan Vänsterpartiet tänka sig att regera med C och FP?

- Nej, vi vill inte ha borgerliga partier i regeringen. Vi vill ha Stefan Löfven som statsminister, men inte i sällskap med Lööf och Björklund.

Vad blir skillnaden om S och MP regerar med borgerliga partier istället för med V?

- Skillnaden är enorm. Vi är garanten för att vinstintresset försvinner från välfärden och vi skulle stärka arbetsrätten, det är inte möjligt att göra med borgerliga partier. Och jag har svårt att se hur ett samarbete med Jan Björklund skulle kunna ge någon klimatpolitik värd namnet. Det är ett mycket bekymmersamt scenario.

The Left Party is the party you want to have a red-green government and avoid bourgeois parties in government. It was clear from the Social Democrats slips in government issue.

- Today, we are the only party that stands up for a red-green government without bourgeois ministers Jan Björklund or Annie Loof . We are tired of the bourgeois parties and do not want to keep any of them in government. I think that we share with many voters. Our goal is to be part of a red-green government of leftist cal ministers, says Jonas Sjöstedt .

Can the Left willing to govern with the C and FP ?

- No, we do not want the bourgeois parties in the government. We want Stefan Löfven as prime minister, but not in the company of Loof and Björklund.

What is the difference of S and MP reigns with bourgeois parties instead of V ?

- The difference is huge. We guarantee that the profit motive will disappear from welfare and we would strengthen labor law , it is not possible to do with bourgeois parties. And I find it hard to see how a collaboration with Jan Björklund could give any climate policy worthy of the name. It's a very troubling scenario.

Notice how he's still saying that he's not in any way ruling out working with an S+MP minority but rather he's they're ruling out sitting in a government together with FP or C.
FredLindq
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2014, 08:56:35 AM »

But he has actually said that he demands part off the guvernment. I thinks he is afraid off getting isolated. In many cities and regions they work togheter. However it is very interesting that the socialdemocrats seems to rahter be cooperating with the centre-right than with the left.
The Lord Marbury
EvilSpaceAlien
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2014, 09:29:21 AM »

But he has actually said that he demands part off the guvernment. I thinks he is afraid off getting isolated. In many cities and regions they work togheter. However it is very interesting that the socialdemocrats seems to rahter be cooperating with the centre-right than with the left.

Yeah but the Left Party has been moving away from their traditional role of passive support party for a long while now, so that's no surprise. Yes, he demands to be a part of the government for any long term policy agreements but he has also pointed out how being in opposition could even help the party grow even bigger.

And I wouldn't say that the Social Democrats are more interested in working with the right than the left. A lot of it is just plain strategy as distancing themselves from the left will help them with the middle class Stockholm voters they lost in the two previous elections, while of course looking bipartisan and willing to compromise is always helpful with undecideds. Policy-wise the party is still much closer to the Left considering the Liberal's tax policy and the Centre's hard right turn on labour laws.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2014, 10:42:30 AM »

Where in Sweden are your parents fom KingSweden?

To vote in a Swedish general election, one must be:

My dad was born in Lulea but grew up in Uppsala, and my mom is from the Orebro area.
Tayya
Sweden

« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2014, 02:51:39 PM »

Sweden has gotten a new party - the Christian Values Party which is founded by anti-abortion activists disappointed with the Christian Democrats turning towards "liberal values". It will be interesting to see if they can get above 0.1% and how many Christian conservatives who still vote for the Christian Democrats and haven't gone to the Sweden Democrats or not voted.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2014, 04:03:31 PM »

Sweden has gotten a new party - the Christian Values Party which is founded by anti-abortion activists disappointed with the Christian Democrats turning towards "liberal values". It will be interesting to see if they can get above 0.1% and how many Christian conservatives who still vote for the Christian Democrats and haven't gone to the Sweden Democrats or not voted.

It's the Swedish Christian Democrats that are pro-choice right?
FredLindq
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2014, 04:27:50 PM »
« Edited: January 08, 2014, 04:33:06 PM by FredLindq »

They have ver strong pro life wing which can mobilize and get "their" people elected. For example in my hometown Göteborg, the second largest in Sweden, their canidates got that much votes both to the parliament (riksdag) and the local council (kommunfullmäktige) in 2010 that they got elected instead of the first namnes on their list which was Pro choice.

Election to the riksdag. The christiandemocratic ticket in Göteborg
KD   Annelie Enochson   3208   16,46%
KD   David Lega    2625 13,47%

Annelie is PRO life and was second on the list. David is pro choice nad was first on the list. Annlie got elected.
Tayya
Sweden

« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2014, 04:42:03 PM »
« Edited: January 08, 2014, 05:21:40 PM by Tayya »

Interesting development: The Christian Values Party is fake! They wanted to trick the media, who fell for it (mostly Christian media)

Sorry for not background checking enough.

As minor parties go, though, it would have filled a legitimate niche, maybe getting 0.2% or so.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2014, 11:09:43 PM »

They have ver strong pro life wing which can mobilize and get "their" people elected. For example in my hometown Göteborg, the second largest in Sweden, their canidates got that much votes both to the parliament (riksdag) and the local council (kommunfullmäktige) in 2010 that they got elected instead of the first namnes on their list which was Pro choice.

Annelie is PRO life and was second on the list. David is pro choice nad was first on the list. Annlie got elected.

Thanks Smiley

As minor parties go, though, it would have filled a legitimate niche, maybe getting 0.2% or so.

Not to sound trite, but why would anyone vote for the Christian Democrats if they aren't pro-life? The other right wing parties seem to be stronger if another issue is important to you.
Tayya
Sweden

« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2014, 02:12:51 AM »

Thanks Smiley

Not to sound trite, but why would anyone vote for the Christian Democrats if they aren't pro-life? The other right wing parties seem to be stronger if another issue is important to you.

They've had their support base among the Evangelical non-Church of Sweden Christians, where many identify with them strongly and care about their main issues (family politics) and until the Sweden Democrats, they've been the least pro-choice of the main parties and it's obvious that they want to be pro-life but can't because of the political consensus. Also, they have natural connections to civil society, which is a plus to some.
The Lord Marbury
EvilSpaceAlien
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2014, 08:24:57 AM »

It would seem that the Christian Values Party has turned out to be real after all. There was a fake Twitter account (@kristnapartiet) which published tweets in its name during wednesday, where it among other things claimed that the party was fake. They've since then started their own account (@kvpartiet) which they've also linked to on their website (kristnavardepartiet.se).
Tayya
Sweden

« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2014, 10:00:06 AM »

I just don't know anymore. We'll see what happens in the election.
Tayya
Sweden

« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2014, 02:46:15 AM »
« Edited: January 15, 2014, 07:06:37 AM by Tayya »

The question every Swedish wonk asks henself today: Is the Demoskop poll released today a sign of times to come?

Social Democrats 34.7% (+1.6%)
Green Party 11.1% (+2.8%)
Left Party 6.5% (-1.8%)

Moderates 22.3% (-1.1%)
Liberal Party 5.8% (-1.2%)
Centre Party 4.5% (+1.0%)
Christian Democrats 3.6% (0.6%)

Sweden Democrats 9.8% (-0.7%)

Others 1.8% (+0.2)

For the record, the changes for the Greens and Left Party were big in the last poll, making this one similar to Demoskop's November poll with the exception of the Social Democrats (+3.5%), Centre Party (+1.5%), Sweden Democrats (-2%) and Moderates (-3.0%). Demoskop is also known for bigger-than-average shifts. The amount of undecided voters are higher than ever, so don't count out the Government.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2014, 04:21:15 AM »

Looks like Norway last year. Just the opposite.
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2014, 04:14:46 PM »

Compared to last month's polls, this one seems a bit of an outlier. Will be interesting to see if other january polls support Demoskop's findings. I stumbled across this poll aggregator site recently: http://svenskopinion.nu/ - would guess you Swedes are familiar with it, but thought  it might be interesting for the foreigners (all five or so of them Tongue) who read this thread.

Btw, this story about your Minister for Justice, Beatrice Ask, was pretty funny: http://www.dagbladet.no/2014/01/08/nyheter/utenriks/sverige/31182134/

Just goes to show that the old jokes about you guys are accurate. Wink
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2014, 07:11:14 PM »

Beatrice Ask is not comparable to the rest of the Swedish people.
As a matter of fact she's from Jämtland, which historicly has stronger ties to Norway than Sweden.
So if anything, it should prove our old jokes. Wink
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2014, 08:41:37 PM »

Beatrice Ask is not comparable to the rest of the Swedish people.
As a matter of fact she's from Jämtland, which historicly has stronger ties to Norway than Sweden.
So if anything, it should prove our old jokes. Wink

We will consider taking responsibility for Beatrice Ask, once you've given back what was stolen.
Until then: No dice. Tongue
Tayya
Sweden

« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2014, 07:10:11 AM »

I don't think anyone votes for the Moderates or the Alliance because of Beatrice Ask, but despite Beatrice Ask.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2014, 09:50:14 AM »

I don't think anyone votes for the Moderates or the Alliance because of Beatrice Ask, but despite Beatrice Ask.

Well, maybe Ask and her family, but besides that no one I've met have considered her to be competent at her job. (Then again I hang a lot at Law School so...)
Tayya
Sweden

« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2014, 11:54:11 AM »

Well, maybe Ask and her family, but besides that no one I've met have considered her to be competent at her job. (Then again I hang a lot at Law School so...)

I'm becoming more and more inclined to believe that not even her family does that anymore.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies