SWEDEN - September 14, 2014 - GUIDE and THREAD
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:20:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  SWEDEN - September 14, 2014 - GUIDE and THREAD
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 29
Author Topic: SWEDEN - September 14, 2014 - GUIDE and THREAD  (Read 96959 times)
Tayya
Sweden

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: August 22, 2014, 10:15:22 AM »

Stefan Löfven's path to Rosenbad has become ever so slightly easier: http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/22/us-sweden-election-idUSKBN0GM1CQ20140822

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #476 on: August 22, 2014, 10:30:32 AM »

I wonder if this could hurt V's electoral results (and thus indirectly the Red Coalition) though.
Tayya
Sweden

« Reply #477 on: August 22, 2014, 10:55:46 AM »

I wonder if this could hurt V's electoral results (and thus indirectly the Red Coalition) though.

Nah. I can't think of a V voter that doesn't presume that they'd support a Löfven government.
Tayya
Sweden

« Reply #478 on: August 22, 2014, 02:25:56 PM »

Soon 3 weeks and 1 day until Election Day and we have a new SIFO poll:

S, V and MP barely, barely have a majority together.

The M and C results for this week are relatively big changes, but both make more sense this week than last week. SD doesn't appear to have gained from Reinfeldt's speech (but their numbers are painfully big.)

For the record, this is almost exactly where I predict the actual opinion to be at currently.
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #479 on: August 22, 2014, 02:30:57 PM »

I wonder who the 2-2,5% who still supports FI are. In addition to being basically superfluous, they're also obviously a spoiler for the Red-Greens. 8 years of a centre-right government really should make a few of them vote tactically - then again, it would not be untypical if the left ruined its own chances.
Tayya
Sweden

« Reply #480 on: August 22, 2014, 02:39:53 PM »

I wonder who the 2-2,5% who still supports FI are. In addition to being basically superfluous, they're also obviously a spoiler for the Red-Greens. 8 years of a centre-right government really should make a few of them vote tactically - then again, it would not be untypical if the left ruined its own chances.

Bobo people who can't read poll trends and who think that most feminist = most right.

An important factor to take note of is that 4% isn't the only threshold in Sweden. 1% of the vote gets a party state-funded ballots for the two following elections and 2.5% means that a party gets funds from the state. I don't know the exact amounts but Fi would be able to multiply their campaign budget several times with state money. Therefore, a Fi vote is somewhat less useless than it appears.
Tayya
Sweden

« Reply #481 on: August 23, 2014, 02:48:24 AM »

Expressen/Demoskop also has a poll out today showing mostly similar numbers to SIFO, though weaker for the Red-Greens, slightly stronger for M and over 12% for SD. I'm not getting the exact number because Expressen is a blue-leaning tabloid and their last poll was before the summer when the EP election was still fresh, meaning that the Moderates climbing 4% is presented as a huge success when they're going from under 20 to 23.5. Frankly, I don't need that headache.

Suffice to say, a SVaMP majority is looking somewhat more unlikely.
njwes
United States

« Reply #482 on: August 24, 2014, 03:31:33 AM »

People from Syria/Eritrea/Iraq/Afghanistan/Africa

All countries whose citizens are known for their enlightened and progressive world-views, surely Tongue
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #483 on: August 24, 2014, 03:38:14 AM »

Expressen/Demoskop also has a poll out today showing mostly similar numbers to SIFO, though weaker for the Red-Greens, slightly stronger for M and over 12% for SD.

I'm pretty sure the Sweden-Democrats will get some 12-14% in this election.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #484 on: August 24, 2014, 04:02:31 AM »

Question for the Swedish posters:

Is there any other good English-speaking site besides this thread here and thelocal.se to follow election news ?
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #485 on: August 24, 2014, 04:11:17 AM »

Don't worry Denmark was where Sweden is in the late 80ties and early 90ties, and what you see in Denmark today are the counterreaction to that. So Sweden can look forward toward 20-30 years of the Danish debate. It will be hilarious.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #486 on: August 24, 2014, 04:25:27 AM »

Is there any other good English-speaking site besides this thread here and thelocal.se to follow election news ?

Not any that I know of.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #487 on: August 24, 2014, 05:25:45 AM »

Don't worry Denmark was where Sweden is in the late 80ties and early 90ties, and what you see in Denmark today are the counterreaction to that. So Sweden can look forward toward 20-30 years of the Danish debate. It will be hilarious.

Indeed, rabid xenophobia is so hilarious... Roll Eyes
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #488 on: August 24, 2014, 05:45:56 AM »

Indeed, rabid xenophobia is so hilarious... Roll Eyes

Seeing that third world immigrants (and refugees) and descendants in Denmark, have a higher job rate, lower crime rate, higher education rate than in Sweden, well I guess it's good for something. But I guess it's better to place people in parallel societies, where they can live uneducated and jobless.
Tayya
Sweden

« Reply #489 on: August 24, 2014, 07:10:36 AM »

OK, guys, stop this. Danish and Swedish media both love to score cheap points through demonizing the other country, which affects our relations negatively. No need to keep that demonization rolling. There are things both countries can learn from each other.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #490 on: August 24, 2014, 06:13:59 PM »

OK, guys, stop this. Danish and Swedish media both love to score cheap points through demonizing the other country, which affects our relations negatively. No need to keep that demonization rolling. There are things both countries can learn from each other.

What are you, a Dane?
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #491 on: August 24, 2014, 06:30:20 PM »

What are you, a Dane?

Nah, more like a Scanian. A real Dane would not have admitted Denmark can learn anything from Sweden.
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #492 on: August 24, 2014, 06:54:08 PM »

What are you, a Dane?

Nah, more like a Scanian. A real Dane would not have admitted Denmark can learn anything from Sweden.

Never! A true Scanian such as myself would call both Danes and Swedes deluded and moronic. We just want our independence from the both of you.

The obvious answer is that Tayya is Norwegian. There's no point denying it! There's astounding proof of this theory, such as the fact that he didn't make a single forum post on May 17th! Now that can only mean one thing:

Tayya
Sweden

« Reply #493 on: August 25, 2014, 01:56:23 AM »

If anything, I'm a Finn. Tongue
The Lord Marbury
EvilSpaceAlien
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -5.91

« Reply #494 on: August 25, 2014, 09:22:47 AM »

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/default.aspx?programid=2054
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #495 on: August 25, 2014, 10:40:32 AM »

Thx.

Swedish police use horses ? Why not just tear-gas and water-cannon the protestors ? Probably better than having a horse trample on people's heads ...

politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #496 on: August 25, 2014, 10:42:10 AM »

Thx.

Swedish police use horses ? Why not just tear-gas and water-cannon the protestors ? Probably better than having a horse trample on people's head ...

Water cannons can cause severe damages.  Horses are generally efficient in breaking up crowds, but only if the protestors actually move when they advance.
Tayya
Sweden

« Reply #497 on: August 27, 2014, 02:39:53 AM »

Today is a great day, because as of today, early voting has started.

Also, we're having a Novus/Göteborgs-Posten poll of the Gothenburg local election:

Changes since the 2010 election:

S: -5.2% (29.4%)
V: +2.7% (7.1%)
MP: +3.6% (9.9%)

Incumbents: +1.1% (46.4%)

M: -1.8% (25.5%)
FP: -1.6% (8.4%)
C: +0.8% (2.3%)
KD: +1.3% (3.8%)

Right-Wing Bloc: -1.4% (40.0%)

SD: +1.9% (4.5%)
VV*: -2.1% (5.3%)
Fi: +0.3% (1.2%)
Others: +0.1% (2.7%)

This is despite the incumbent government performing badly and being hit by corruption scandals as well the local tabloid forcing through a referendum on congestion taxes against the political majority's will. I'm especially surprised by the slumping of VägValet (the single-issue anti-congestion tax party) considering the latter, but perhaps voters still haven't remembered their existence. It might just be a sloppy poll, though. The sample size is only 500 and 20% are still undecided.
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #498 on: August 27, 2014, 03:07:58 AM »

The Gothenburg government is of course the (or at least one of the) worst in the entire country. But that was true four years ago as well, and if we didn't manage to outs them back then, we won't this time either with the national winds. The fact that voting has shifted so little compared to national trends of course still speaks volumes and is bad enough for the Social Democrats. (Still won't stop their mayor from getting a cushy job in the new administration on the national level.)

What surprises me is how badly FI is polling. Seeing as they polled pretty strong for Stockholm City Council, I would have expected they at least would outdo their national polling support here.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #499 on: August 27, 2014, 07:51:30 AM »

The sample size is only 500 and 20% are still undecided.
While I don't disagree, you know they poll Austria regularly with this kind of sample...
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies