SWEDEN - September 14, 2014 - GUIDE and THREAD (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:30:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  SWEDEN - September 14, 2014 - GUIDE and THREAD (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SWEDEN - September 14, 2014 - GUIDE and THREAD  (Read 97620 times)
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« on: January 02, 2014, 04:41:15 PM »

Yeah, I also think a S+MP minority coalition working across the aisle would be the most likely out-come if the left doesn't have its own majority, and in my view I actually wouldn't mind that so much. I could live with a wing-clipped compromising left government.

Isn't this basically what Denmark has right now?
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 06:52:01 PM »

But as the Greens notoriously overpreform in polls  something quite extraordinary would be required for that to happen. (in august 2010 only 2% seperated them from S, but on election day they were 9% behind)

What is the reason for this?

If I was to guess, it'd be young people telling pollsters one thing, then not turning up to vote on the day
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 05:27:22 PM »

As predicted, the "Feminist Initiative" is serving as Swedens's answer to Ralph Nader.
 I guess the kind of people who vote for them cares more about whether the parties have "feminist" in their names than about actual policy, so there is probably no point in trying to convince their followers to vote tactically.

Pretentious 20-something hipsters who see elections as a chance at making a statement, and not as actually choosing people to govern us for the next four years. They're a fad, and they'll once more disappear into obscurity once they fail to enter parliament in three weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH_MBwQhGgA
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 09:30:35 AM »

Is it true that in Sweden there are piles of ballots in the polling station for each party and you can draw a ballot for the party you are voting for ?

So, basically everyone knows for which party you are voting, depending which ballot you take (unless you take ballots for every party with you into the voting booth) ?

You asked this question four years ago as well Tender, I'm disappointed you do not remember.

The answer is yes and yes. People who want to keep their vote secret bring their own ballot papers or take one from every party.

Isn't this a terrible waste of paper you might ask. Yes it is, but Sweden has a very big forestry and paper industry so see it as one big subsidy every four years. Wink

A tad too North Korean maybe.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies