SWEDEN - September 14, 2014 - GUIDE and THREAD (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:45:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  SWEDEN - September 14, 2014 - GUIDE and THREAD (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SWEDEN - September 14, 2014 - GUIDE and THREAD  (Read 97536 times)
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« on: March 02, 2014, 06:08:09 PM »

So how is Löfven managing his reconversion from unionist to politician ? It strikes me as a bit odd he was for years leader of a large union and in SAP's executive board, I guess you don't have a "charte d'Amiens"... Wink
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 06:46:41 PM »

Yeah, it also was the model of the British Labour party, though I think it's been quite lost now. In France we never really worked that way (though there have been CGT and PCF executives, but generally it was hidden).
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 03:33:49 PM »

Skane South, in particular, as well as Stockholm but a bit less, seem quite swingy. Is this just because they're the most populous areas, or is there something else ?
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 07:51:30 AM »

The sample size is only 500 and 20% are still undecided.
While I don't disagree, you know they poll Austria regularly with this kind of sample...
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 07:04:09 PM »

I always find it rather funny when large party supporters whine about how small parties spoil their votes and make them lose. I mean, isn't it primarily S's fault if they can only muster 29% of the vote while being the serious party that has governed Sweden for forty years ? Isn't it their job to convince voters that they are the credible alternative, and not FI or any other option ? Isn't democracy about giving voters choices, options, some of which seem like moderate hero-serious, while others seem like far-fetched for now, but could look otherwise in ten years ?

So just suck it up and get to wonder why S, V and MP have so much of a hard time gaining a majority of votes and seats on their own, not whether outfit X or Y is stealing them what they do not own.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 11:52:00 AM »

Isn't it ? I am a growingly blasé Trot, to be honest. Blasé about all this. I still love psephology as it is, but I tend to despise its actual political contents more and more, to the point that I now clearly contemplate not voting in some occasions.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 06:48:29 PM »

Mind : blown. Scandinavians seem like a bunch of fun people to watch argue between themselves. They must be hilarious at parties.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 04:28:13 PM »

Who is Vänster's Carin Högstedt and why is she all by herself among the Greenies ? I may like her. Smiley
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 06:56:46 AM »

Young Swedes (very relatively) restore my faith in humanity.

What's F!'s position on government participation again ? Would it look like S-MP-V-FI ?
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2014, 12:23:42 PM »

I had written a post about how vote secrecy works in France with multiple ballot papers, but I cannot find it anywhere because of the sh**tty search engine this forum is given. Maybe someone can find it.

Anyway, I'm not sure one city, even the second largest one, extending their polling hours will delay the result, since it would mean bothering all channels' schedules and they don't like that. I think we'll still get our estimate at 8PM.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies