EXCLUSIVE: Reaganfan Q&A (I will respond to any question asked) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:05:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  EXCLUSIVE: Reaganfan Q&A (I will respond to any question asked) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Reaganfan Q&A (I will respond to any question asked)  (Read 1679 times)
Mordecai
Australia

« on: December 28, 2013, 02:43:41 PM »
« edited: December 28, 2013, 02:45:18 PM by Mordecai »

Knowing that I'll never be as happy or as confident as I once was crushed me. So I just kinda pass time, day by day. I used to envision a career in the Military, running for office, a beautiful wife and a log cabin style home with a shotgun above the fireplace and a ton of kids. Retirement at 42 with a pension and IRA savings...all of that is useless.

Those things are still possible. Just because you're not in the Air Force doesn't mean you can't run for office, get married and have kids. Although thinking that you could do all that, retire at age 42 and be set for life is pretty delusional.

You're still young, you have your whole life ahead of you. There are people who are in a worse position than you right now, who don't have a high school diploma, who don't have parents they can live with while they save up money, who don't even have a job, who can't afford to feed themselves let alone their family. You at least have something, you have a high school diploma and college credits, you have a job, you don't have a wife or children to look after, you're not starving, and you have parents who are understanding enough to let you live with them and mooch off their health insurance.

Not to rag on you, but when you then unironically linked to a video of Joe Biden talking to families who have had relatives die in wars overseas it made me feel physically ill because they've actually lost something. You're just having a rough patch in your life.

As IndyTexas said, you need to re-orient your goals and focus on a new career instead of lingering over what you can't change.

I think liberals tend to see us all as born perfect and that society chains us down. I see it as though America is as President George W. Bush once said, "a story of a flawed and fallible people, united across the generations by grand and enduring ideals."

If this were true though, then why would liberals believe in welfare? Isn't being a Republican all about doing it alone without any help and pulling yourself up by your bootstraps?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies