If you could pick the Republican nominee in 2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:56:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  If you could pick the Republican nominee in 2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If you could pick the Republican nominee in 2016  (Read 1163 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: December 28, 2013, 10:10:04 AM »

I would pick John Kasich of Ohio, provided he is re-elected and have him run on a platform of education, entitlement and tax reform, with a constant effort to connect the policy back to the kitchen table. I would make him accessible yes, but I would also prefer controlled and effective exposure as opposed to throwing him out a bazillion times and risking a gaffe. If someone says something stupid, they are to be condemned instantly and with force. The debates, the Prez and VP acceptance speeches well as the keynote speech at the convention would be carefully organized to highlight the candidate's qualifications, policies, or contrasting with the opponent.

I would go for either McMorris-Rodgers or Marsha Blackburn for VP. Send her out for just two interviews with considerable Romney-1st Debate style prepping if necessary, before having her give a solid VP acceptance speech at the convention. 

Ohio would be the launching pad obviously. Either way you go, leads to a swing state or potentially competative state.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies