SENATE BILL: State Name Recognition Act of 2013 (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:06:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: State Name Recognition Act of 2013 (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: State Name Recognition Act of 2013 (Law'd)  (Read 1621 times)
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: December 27, 2013, 10:52:30 PM »

Since my input has been asked for, I will provide it.  I have previously stated:

Just so you know, it is my policy as RG to accept voter registrations that use the regional state names (but I still list them using the common names).

It is not difficult for me as RG to keep a list of the alternate names handy, and I do.  I accept registrations made using the region's state names.  Homelycooking did not, and it was certainly within his prerogative to set that policy (although this law would mandate that my current policy be enforced).

I do have a problem with this law as written, however.  The Midwest region has not "renamed" its states; rather it has established alternative state names, and mandated by law that these names are just as valid as the real world names.  I do not want to see an Atlasia where regions actually re-name their states, throwing out the real world names as invalid.  I don't believe anyone actually wants that, but that is what this law as currently written would permit.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies